Administrative Assistant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Linda Weich in O Fallon, Missouri

52 months ago

I have been unemployed for almost a year now from GE Healthcare. I was there for 11 years. The job before that I was at for 15 years as Administrative Assistant. What can be so difficult to finding a new job????? I sure would like to know what "special key words" need to be used to grab a job????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Staying Positive in Hartford, Connecticut

52 months ago

Linda, nowadays one just can't grab a job. In other words, there's lots of people fishing, but very few fish to be caught. It's an employers' market, they have their pick of countless very qualified people who have been laid-off to choose from. It's a matter of staying vigilant and persistent in your job search, and hopefully you will be called for an interview. It's a matter of trying to overcome the odds by making your resume and cover letter the best they can be and constantly improving upon it. And, of course, there's the networking aspect of letting people know that you're in the job market. It's definitely a whole new ballgame from the 90's where you could go from one job to the next with relative ease.

Heather Miranda in Tampa, Florida

52 months ago

Persistent is absolutely correct!!! Unfortunately it still hasn't gotten me anywhere in this never ending hunt. I think I may be missing something. Is there a way to have your resume posted on Indeed for prospective employeers to view?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.