Chicago Public Schools Employment Search

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

James Peoples in Chicago, Illinois

61 months ago

I am an intelligent, very hard working, self motivated male. I am a natural born negotiator, who puts my company first. I am a former employee of CPS and I have been offered another security position from my former colleague and principal. I really want the position, because i enjoy working with our youth. Previously, I worked for an alternative juvenile high school and my position was closed. Not making any excuses, but i gave a lot of myself to this school. I even came to work with a broken leg and a full cast because I loved the job so much. I got into some trouble over some traffic violations which were over 10 yrs. ago. I had to serve 30 days house arrest and I was unable to contact my employer. I was given an AWOL listing and put as a Do Not Hire because of this. This job was my career, I understand I should have handled my business properly, but i did not deserve a do not hire classification, and the principal at the school I worked agrees with me. Is there anyone who could help me clear up this issue and have my name taken off the DNH list, your help would be greatly appreciated. Someone Please help, I have 3 wonderful children to take care of and I was doing a wonderful job, and I pride myself on always being professional. Please Help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.