Employers? What are you looking for and why do you make this process so DIFFICULT!!??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Kimberly Gueringer in Chicago, Illinois

1 month ago

HR Professionals, why would a staffing agency list a position that is no longer available? A few months ago, I was contacted by a staffing agency about a position that I was definitely interested in. Did all the necessary, forwarded resume, went in to meet with agency, and got positive feedback regarding my submissions. Followed up with the agency contact about a week later and she said the pos...ition had been put on hold. However, the next day, I saw the SAME listing for the SAME job by the SAME agency. So fast forward 2 months later and I see again the SAME listing for the SAME job by the SAME agency, so I reach out once again to the agency contact, and she tells me the same thing, that the position is on hold. So, why is the agency still listing the job then? She says, “They are open to seeing additional candidates if I come across anyone, they are still looking at candidates. Right now, they are not interested in moving forward with an interview.” That sounds like crock of crap to me. If they aren’t interested in my resume, then that’s fine, I can accept that, but don’t blow smoke up my rear with the “Position is on hold” nonsense… On the State of Illinois website, there are tons of jobs. You test, you apply and then nothing. JP Chase has over hundreds of jobs listed on its job boards all over the country paying at least $50 grand that remain open or otherwise unfilled for months, why? Didn’t Chase just lay off a bunch of people? How do you layoff people (long term employees) and then have all these jobs open? Employers, the hell is wrong with you? Clearly logic has no role in this scenario, or maybe they know something I don’t. I tend to think it’s a bit of both. There are plenty of skilled experienced workers with transferrable skills who can play in any industry. What are you looking for on these resumes? What gets a potential candidate in the door?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.