Finding a job..

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Cherokeekid in Chicago, Illinois

51 months ago

I Dont understand..im young and im qualified for decent jobs. but every time i apply and get interviewed, they always tell me im promising or some crap like that..but i never hear from anyone..my resume is pretty good and im pretty intelligent. Now im about to lose everything..i have relatives, but they wont help me. i live with my love's mom and they are gonna lose the house..we are trying to find jobs or at least one of us wants to start working so we can get a place and get an apartment. Ive never had trouble getting work before..i know a lot of you guys are looking for jobs too..i understand..but if i dont get work soon..i wont have a home..if someone can please help me or something..i would be extremely happy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nancy_dream in Brookline, Massachusetts

51 months ago

I am so sorry about your experience. I believe you are a young and qualified a decent job. I sometimes tell myself: looking for a job is like looking for a husband/wife. Matching is the most important. So I believer there is some job that you match perfectly. We always can learn something from difficulties. It has been five days since your post, so I hope your life turns better now. My suggestion is that : submitting resumes as more as you can. You have found your love, you will also find a job.
I am still waiting for my love and I am still looking for a job. At least, you have some families to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mblanco1979 in Navarre, Florida

51 months ago

I think you should let someone else look at your resume.....though you think it's pretty good, someone else can see something missing or a negative that you didn't see. I know times are very tough. I am also unemployed and have been applying to all kinds of jobs. I sure hope things turn around for you and your family. Keep the faith and believe it, I do, and it will happen. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

CJ_S in Hillside, Illinois

36 months ago

Mblanco1979 in Navarre, Florida said: I think you should let someone else look at your resume.....though you think it's pretty good, someone else can see something missing or a negative that you didn't see. I know times are very tough. I am also unemployed and have been applying to all kinds of jobs. I sure hope things turn around for you and your family. Keep the faith and believe it, I do, and it will happen. Good Luck!

I agree! Have someone else look over your resume. When I graduated a few months back I was told my resume looked great. However, when I had a professional who finds jobs for people look it over things weren't so good. I had to much information, and other things that would make people just skip over my resume. It's still been tough finding a job, but I have hope.

rwriter1950 in Milford, Massachusetts

35 months ago

Cherokeekid in Chicago, Illinois said: I Dont understand..im young and im qualified for decent jobs. but every time i apply and get interviewed, they always tell me im promising or some crap like that..but i never hear from anyone..my resume is pretty good and im pretty intelligent. Now im about to lose everything..i have relatives, but they wont help me. i live with my love's mom and they are gonna lose the house..we are trying to find jobs or at least one of us wants to start working so we can get a place and get an apartment. Ive never had trouble getting work before..i know a lot of you guys are looking for jobs too..i understand..but if i dont get work soon..i wont have a home..if someone can please help me or something..i would be extremely happy.

What type of work are you seeking/qualified for?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.