Marketing & Graphic Design Consultant seeking help/opportunities - 8+ years Admin experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

redkimono in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

I am a freelance marketing and graphic design consultant who is in need of work and some good advice.

After working my dream job as a Marketing Consultant to the Architecture & Design (A&D) team at a contract furniture manufacturer in the Merchandise Mart, I was laid of due to the economy and lack of funds for the position. I want to continue to pursue this line of work full time, or something in the interior design vendor market. Additionally, I need to bolster my current freelance graphic design company, Red Kimono Design, by beginning a web site and web store, where I may sell fine art and graphic/marketing services.

Currently I temp to pay some bills but the work is scattered and low paying. I have over 8 years of administrative experience ranging from office manager to executive assistant, and have done everything imaginable required to run an office, a gallery, showroom, or a high-powered executive's affairs.

What I'm looking for is any of the following:

1) Any position in the design industry available for a marketing or administrative position
2) Free web hosting and web store site
3) Any temp position that utilizes any of my skills

If you can help, please reply with whatever info you have. Resume available upon request.

Thanks,
redkimono

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SebMS in Chicago, Illinois

71 months ago

redkimono in Chicago, Illinois said: I am a freelance marketing and graphic design consultant who is in need of work and some good advice.

After working my dream job as a Marketing Consultant to the Architecture & Design (A&D) team at a contract furniture manufacturer in the Merchandise Mart, I was laid of due to the economy and lack of funds for the position. I want to continue to pursue this line of work full time, or something in the interior design vendor market. Additionally, I need to bolster my current freelance graphic design company, Red Kimono Design, by beginning a web site and web store, where I may sell fine art and graphic/marketing services.

Currently I temp to pay some bills but the work is scattered and low paying. I have over 8 years of administrative experience ranging from office manager to executive assistant, and have done everything imaginable required to run an office, a gallery, showroom, or a high-powered executive's affairs.

1) Any position in the design industry available for a marketing or administrative position

If you can help, please reply with whatever info you have. Resume available upon request.

Thanks,
redkimono

hi, i read your post on indeed. is Red Kimono Design online? i tried to find it but couldn't.

thx, sebastian

redkimono in Chicago, Illinois

71 months ago

Hi Sebastian-

I'm almost finished building my web site. It's complete except for the web store, which should be finished by mid week. Check it out at www.redkimono.webs.com. Any and all feedback is welcome. Thanks for asking!

What is your interest in Red Kimono Design?
-redkimono

SebMS in Chicago, Illinois

70 months ago

i saw your post and became curious. i am a CD at Burnett and try to keep an eye open about who's doing what... nothing in particular.
btw, nice work with your site.

redkimono in Downers Grove, Illinois

70 months ago

Thanks Sebastian! I hope things are going well at Leo Burnett with the economy being what it is.

Would there be any chance of an opportunity to work with you/LB in the near future? If so, I'd like to set up a meeting to discuss your needs and how Red Kimono Design could be of assistance.

Thanks again for checking out my post; have a great day.
-Elena

lynnb0608@yahoo.com in Schaumburg, Illinois

69 months ago

Do you know about SCORE (Retired Business Executives)? It's a free marketing consulting service for self-employed people. (You can google it for the address and email address.) It's a wonderful resource. Good luck!

Regards,
Lynn Sanders

redkimono in Chicago, Illinois said: I am a freelance marketing and graphic design consultant who is in need of work and some good advice.

Thanks,
redkimono

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.