college grad

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Larry in Chicago, Illinois

40 months ago

It is so tough out here to get a job, even with a bachelor of science. I have been searching for employment the last 5 months, interviews, but no luck. companies always want some type of experience, but you can't have both recently graduating from an university.Feel like my degree isn't worth anything, because these companies are so afraid of taking a chance to train a person of higher education, HOW HARD CAN IT BE! I feel like some how its discriminating against young people who spend years in college and dont have time to get industry experience. These companies just gets on my nerves!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tess in Chicago, Illinois

40 months ago

Hang in there; it's really, really tough out there. It's not you. Sometimes I feel like people are discriminating against me because of my age (I'm WAY older than you), but it's just the economy. At least you are getting interviews, that's a plus. Don't give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John Evans in Berkeley, California

33 months ago

Thanks for the post.
For anyone looking for jobs or who are interested in future job search, there are hundreds of Chicago job openings on this job board that is entirely dedicated to help people in Chicago find jobs.
Here is a bitly link to the page! Hope this helps.
on.fb.me/rrX26a

You can 'like' the page if you wanted to get more updated information and resources!

--John

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.