Anybody have any feedback about Legendary Promotions?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 95 of 95)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Real business is not a scam. in Lutz, Florida

80 months ago

Had an interview at Pro-source yesterday. Can't say I was too impressed by the look of the office building, but "hey, look's aren't everything." I will never say that ever again. First impression wasn't good and I should have listened to my gut instinct that this reeked of scam when I immediately received a phone call from them after applying only 2 hours before hand. I am so ashamed to say I was actually willing to fall prey to a glorified pyramid scam. Was eagerly told that they wanted me to do a "field work" interview... Ain't goin to happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

I'll be... in Palm Harbor, Florida

78 months ago

I found ProSource while looking for a better job. It sounded fishy that they didn't put the name of the company on their Craigslist profile. Sadly, I still sent an email.

"Could you tell me what company this job is for? What would this management position be for that one need only be a creative, hard working, people person? I am ready for the challenges of Management, but I would like to know just what type of company I may potentially be training for."

Of course, This was the end of the email. I think this shows my incredulity. The ad didn't mention any type of pay, company name, or even what the job position really was.

This was the reply:
"I'd like to thank you for your general interest in our company, Pro Source Services, Inc. We recently received your resume and after considering several candidates, we would like to invite you in for a preliminary interview with one of our hiring managers. After reviewing all the resumes that were submitted, we feel as if yours exemplifies many of the qualifications that we are looking for in our team. We would like to meet with you within the next few days to begin the formal interview process. Prior to an initial interview we recommend browsing our company website at www.prosourceservices.info to find additional information concerning our company's innovative marketing concepts. Below, you will find our contact information. Please call me directly at ****** in order to schedule a definite time to meet with you and discuss the opportunities that are available at our firm for our Tampa location. We look forward to hearing from you soon."

First of all, I hadn't even sent a resume. I certainly was not expecting an interview with anyone. That made me happy until my common sense returned. I went to the website and STILL couldn't figure out what the company was about. I had ideas, but what company gives jobs and trains managers with no retail experience? Then I found this. Thank you "Concerned Mother."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

steve in Tampa, Florida

78 months ago

DONT DO IT! in Tampa, Florida said: this job is a scam.
they will give you a song and dance about how many opportunities you'll get. it's all a lie. trust me i've worked for them. i wasted so much time there after i got out of school and it was for nothing. this company has changed names and owners 3 times in the past year and a half.

search under 'tradewind promotions' and you'll get more information.

but believe me. this is not worth your time.

Thanks for the tip. I have an interview tommorrow that Im gonna blow off now. It took me a while to find out the real name of the company. I got 3 different names from the people I talked to there. Thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dpharmer in Saint Paul, Minnesota

78 months ago

I am so glad I found this thread. I have a job interview in about an hour and half from now. I did research but only in MN I found there website to be very lacking in actual facts. A lot of Puffery but no actual facts. First red flag was they would not show links to any of the companies that they have as clients. There was not a lot of info for any prospective clients either which I thought was really odd. When I saw that the headquarters was in FL I decided to expand my search this morning and found this thread at the top of a google search Bravo!
I also saw an add on Career Builder (How I found this job) for another company called Midwestern Group there website is laid out just like ProSource. Can't click on any of the links, etc. And they also list the same client "Market Lead Generation" with the same pictures behind it. OMFG! These people want to make me scream. Just thought I would add my thoughts to the mix.

Dpharmer in Saint Paul, Minnesota

78 months ago

Dpharmer in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: I am so glad I found this thread. I have a job interview in about an hour and half from now. I did research but only in MN I found there website to be very lacking in actual facts. A lot of Puffery but no actual facts. First red flag was they would not show links to any of the companies that they have as clients. There was not a lot of info for any prospective clients either which I thought was really odd. When I saw that the headquarters was in FL I decided to expand my search this morning and found this thread at the top of a google search Bravo!
I also saw an add on Career Builder (How I found this job) for another company called Midwestern Group there website is laid out just like ProSource. Can't click on any of the links, etc. And they also list the same client "Market Lead Generation" with the same pictures behind it. OMFG! These people want to make me scream. Just thought I would add my thoughts to the mix.

Okay after I contacted the HR person and informed them that I would be filing a complaint with the BBB and the IC3 they still sent this:

Hi Darrell,

Not sure if you forgot, but we had a scheduled interview today for you to sit down with our hiring manager and you didn’t show. I was just checking to see if an emergency had popped up that prevented you from coming or if maybe it was an oversight? I know your time and my manager's time are very valuable, so if you could do me a favor and send me an email or give me a call and maybe we can get this rescheduled for you.

Thank you!

Teri Garcia
Administrative Assistant
ProSource Services, Inc.
3131 Fern Brook Lane, Ste 121
Plymouth, MN 55447

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laura in New Port Richey, Florida

78 months ago

Are they now also operating under the name Rapture? I came across them on CareerBuilder and sent an application. I had suspicions even at that point, but it's so hard to find jobs to apply for at all, I went ahead. Got a call to come in for an interview but the caller ID said Bay Point marketing even while the woman identified the company as Rapture. Started researching both company names online, found no legit website, just posts such as these with. Am trying to call them back now to cancel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don't do it!!! in Tampa, Florida

77 months ago

Another one to be on the look out for is "South Side Associates"! They are posting adds on all of the major job boards trying to lure people in. Using the same tactics as most of you has listed above. They don't pay for you mileage, and want you to travel all over the place to so called promote crap!! The red flag for me was when the guy said on the phone that I could make up to 75,000 to 100,000 a year doing this. Don't fall for it people! These are vultures out here just trying to take advantage of good people. If it looks to good to be true then it probably is. Go with reputable companies that have been in business for years. And always do research on them before going to them. Find out all the dirt on them it can save you a lot of heartache and trouble. Thank God for the internet and Google! LOL!!! You can find out anything on anybody. If you try to find out information about the company online and can't, then you probably don't want to work for them. Stay strong people and keep the faith!!;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Big J in Brandon, Florida

77 months ago

So I recieved a call from Precision Marketing yesterday wanting to set up an interview today. So I went. When I got to the suite (in an office bulding complex on Eisenhower in Tampa) name said Bay Point marketing, however the gal who called me and even the confirmation email they sent me said precision marketing. Hmmm... Ok so then I'm sitting in the lobby waiting for my interview and their are 2 gals there making calls to set up interviews for tomorrow, HOWEVER, they are using different company names. One was using precision, one was saying rapture. So, RAPTURE, PRECISION & BAY POINT marketing are all the same. Don't waste your time, its a scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Minneapolis, Minnesota

76 months ago

ProSource has started targeting the Twin Cities now. I've been trying to nail down a marketing internship/part time work for MONTHS and found a listing for ProSource on Pioneer Press' website. I'm glad I found this before I sent in a resume.

Thanks guys, and good luck on the job hunt.

Katie in Minneapolis, Minnesota

76 months ago

--

Yup. I saw that one too and had the same thought. It seems like the only legit listings I'm finding are the 30 odd ATT sales. I'm not going to drive out it MoA everyday, I'd spend more money on gas than I would working. Bah!

siggy in Clearwater, Florida

76 months ago

I interviewed with ProSource yesterday, even though I saw the warnings posted here - I wanted to see how bad it was for myself. Everything posted is correct. It's the old bait and switch. I was told by the girl on the phone that it was a management position with base salary, but the manager I interviewed with stated they never hire managers from the outside, even if they have 10 years management experience and an MBA, such as myself. I asked him why they wasted my time by bringing me in for the interview knowing I wanted management only, and he denied knowing the girl who called me for the interview. Also I asked about their shady practices of soliciting people's information to sell as leads and he would not anwswer any questions. Ater all this he asked if I was interested in his commission only door to door soliciting job? Unreal!
Beware, do not waste your time, money, and reputation with this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jboehmster in Jacksonville, Florida

75 months ago

i am almost positive that it is a door-door sales scheme.. if you get there and there is like no offices and just a receptionist answering the phone "marketing".. just get out of there

Corey Sims in Oldsmar, Florida

75 months ago

Chilepalm in Tampa, Florida said: Got an interview coming up with them, and I've searched the internet to find comments...Legendary Promotions Jobs sound great on paper (paid training, etc. not door-to-door), website LOOKS good , but hey, we all know web-savvy inmates can create a great website...I can't seem to find any background on them and I'd really like a decent entry-level sales job

I don't think its door-door I think you stand all day in front of a store begging for money....selling junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unstrung in Tampa, Florida

75 months ago

I actually have an interview at Rapture marketing today. This thread pretty much confirmed my suspicions, but I'm gonna go in anyway just as a goof. I'll come back here afterward and post my experience for everyone's information/amusement. Here's what's happened so far:

1) I received an email from a yahoo account that asked me to call them to arrange an interview (I didn't respond).

2) I received a second email from a yahoo account saying they had my interview time scheduled for today (I didn't respond).

3) I received a voicemail this morning from someone named Talida, confirming my interview time for today.

Will return with updates...

NicoleF in Tampa, Florida

75 months ago

Corey Sims in Oldsmar, Florida said: I don't think its door-door I think you stand all day in front of a store begging for money....selling junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you go to the interview? I heard back from Jessica last week to set up an interview but now im thinking it may be a waste of time...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

alockwood01

75 months ago

I just got an email to set up an interview with ProSource in Plymouth, MN. I just graduated from college and really need a job so I set up the interview and now I am reading all of these posts about how its a scam. I am really conflicted about if I should go or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Grimsleyo5 in Tampa, Florida

75 months ago

I wish I would found this site before going on an 2 interviews with this company. They promise poeple you'll make so much money and move up. I had to let someone who I never met in my car and drive miles away to "show me the job" all you do is go to stores like "home depot" and try and sell "Free stuff" everyone says no! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. this is a big scam.

SavedFromScamJob in Pinellas Park, Florida

74 months ago

I also applied for a job with Pro Source Services through an online job posting. I was called and set up an interview. I went to the website so I could prepare better for the interview, but really had no feel for what the company did even after looking over the site. My boyfriend and I started searching for information about the company. BBB had no information on the company. The website domain name has been owned for under a year. Then we found this site. After reading over all the postings, I felt this was indeed a scam company. Out of curiousity, I did a search by the address I was supposed to interview at 4511 N. Himes, Ste 200, Tampa, FL 33614. This business is at that address www.davincivirtual.com/. This business is a "Virtual Office". The address also lists over 5 more businesses at that address (most likely also using the services of the virtual office). I canceled my interview. Thank you for posting, and saving me my valuable time and energy. I hope this post helps others too.

SmarterThanYouKnow in North Port, Florida

74 months ago

I received a phone call today from Amanda at Pro Source in Tampa. She said that the hiring manager received my resume through a Career Builder submission and tho I applied for an entry level customer service job, He felt I was more inline with their Management needs based on my experience.

I immediately asked Amanda.. "What company is this for? I don't remember, I've sent so many resumes out and have applied for many jobs". Amanda then replied that PRO SOURCE was an event planning, marketing strategizing company that handled many top Fortune 500 companies as well as many Nascar clients. I scheduled an appointment for August 9th at the address of 4511 North Himes Ave Suite 200 in Tampa Florida. Their number is (not allowed) but they use a caller ID of 'Central Florida'. I was SO excited to finally get a hit on a nice job.

Buuuuuuut.. being me, I immediately went into my email to find out exactly when. how and who I submitted to via Career Builders auto email at submitting a resume for a job on their site... and could find NOTHING for this company. She said I was being hired for their Sarasota Office but needed to interview in Tampa or Clear Water.

So my Google attack began with their address and phone number search, eventually leading me to their skeleton website and then I did a PRO SOURCE JOB REVIEWS search and found you all.

I am thoroughly disappointed, but I am so appreciative for all the time you've taken to help me and others save our fuel and time.

Good Luck in Your Job Hunting

~Wheeza

grimsley05 in Tampa, Florida

74 months ago

Wheeza,

you are welcome, This company has a youtube video where I tried to let people know its a scam. They quickly took my comment off and blocked me to make sure new people dont find out about their scam. This company has changed names and owners over three times to avoid any bad mouth!! Lets get the word out poeple!! and I hope you all can find jobs soon!!!

Also Our next fight is to stop outsourcing jobs over sea's!!!!

Where are the real marketing jobs!!! in Pinellas Park, Florida

74 months ago

I actually was dumb enough to work for Pro Source years back. Their street team goes biz to biz and sells cheap toys and coloring books! Theyre all pot heads and brag about the sales they make, yet then you see their cars, if they have one, and it answers everything. The team leaders dont even all have cars! At the time, we were going to Home Depot to set appoinments for their cabinet refacing services. Not going to lie, the script was easy, and it was $50 for each appoinment sent. Ok...my first day I landed 5. The days were hit or miss, like any sales. But they had me driving around to different Home Depot's daily, with different tema leaders cause THEY didnt even have cars...every morning we stood around and had to listen to moronic rants for an hour set to motivate, but all it did was piss me off! I did it for 3 weeks, then I was finished. If appointment were cancelled, they wouldnt show rove, and my paychecks were coming up short. My last check, I had to literally threaten them for. After that, they sent a check for the wrong amount, after which my attorney called them explaining if I didnt get the remainder, then we would see them in court. The check was at my door step the next day via FedEx.

They hire everyone, and they keep the ones that are not smart enough to leave. I was stupid enough to give it a shot. Only did so because I was hurting for a job at the time. I'll never make that mistake again!

Stay away from A.M.I also. I heard they are just as bad.

dowling in Tampa, Florida

73 months ago

company did even after looking over the site. My boyfriend and I started searching for information about the company. BBB had no information on the company. The website domain name has been owned for under a year. Then we found this site. After reading over all the postings, I felt this was indeed a scam company. Out of curiousity, I did a search by the address I was supposed to interview at 4511 N. Himes, Ste 200, Tampa, FL 33614. This business is at that address www.davincivirtual.com/ . This business is a "Virtual Office". The address also lists over 5 more businesses at that address (most likely also using the services of the virtual office). I canceled my interview. Thank you for posting, and saving me my valuable time and energy. I hope this post helps others too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

workn_n_tpa in Tampa, Florida

72 months ago

I really wish I would have found this site a weekago. I had been unhappy with my previous job for a while, and because they were getting ready to move to a new building they started cutting back hours and laying people off. So I decided to look for another job. I applied for a management position online and a woman by the name of Talida contacted me from RAPTURE. Said her manager was really interested in a resume I submitted online. I figured she was a recruiter for a company I had applied for. So I went to the interview. The manager loved me and sent me to Home Depot to meet the trainer. They hired me on the spot. The pay and the hours were great.Figured I would be making more than at the job I was at from what they told me. Now let me say that I am not the type of person to get a job that depends on commission. Its just like waitressing, you never know what your income is going to be on a daily basis. Anyways, I accepted the position and I quit a job I had been at for 3 years. Of course with the understanding that they were going to train me out on the field to learn the product and then possibly promote me to management in about 6 months. Sounded great, like the break I had been looking for. But my first day, I found out from another coworker that the pay wasnt what they told me. Everything they said were lies. That pitch the receptionist gave me about only having 2 sales positions and a management position available I found out is something she tells everyone she calls for an interview. And just like others have stated on here, yes, I realized after sitting in the office that Talida and the other receptionist Kim were claiming to be calling people for interviews for PRECISION & BAY POINT marketing also... Located on Eisenhower Blvd. Please do your homework on companies before you waste your time like I did. Stupidity on my part, but a lesson learned. If it sounds to good to be true than it probably is. Hope this helps someone from making the same mistake.

Hunting again in Tampa, Florida

72 months ago

Ok, so I would be one of those unsuspecting people who got caught up in one of these schemes. Although it wasn't in this state they are actually "pyramid schemes" one of the worse kind just because they take your valuable time while you are honestly hunting for a job.
So I have been looking for a new job now for 2 days (yeah I know, not long) And as everyone knows Craiglist is the best place to look right now, you just need to know how to weed out the scammers. So of course I applied to every possible job from the last 4 days (4 days is a good time frame, most people are looking to hire immediatley and have stacks and stacks of resumes so another one sent after.... 10 days of being posted you might be pushing it a little. Trust me I have been in the construction industry for 6 yrs. now and have been hired and let go I am a master.)
Anyways, sorry about the rant, I received an email from this Talida "Rapture Marketing and Advertising inc." this morning. Now, the funny thing is I don't do sales or marketing and somehow I received an email from her... so this is what I got...."Thank you for your recent interest in Rapture Marketing. Management and I have looked over your resume and you have the qualifications and skills that we are looking for to fill the positions. Please call the office to schedule a preliminary interview, looking forward to hearing from you."
So I responded with "Hi there, could you please tell me what job position I applied for because I don't remember applying for any sales or marketing job. Thank you." No need to be rude, I knew it was someone jaggin me off but you know it happens and if you have some sense to just even Google a company before even calling them back, your ahead of the game. Hope my experience can help some poor unsuspecting victim out there.

Good luck with the job hunting everyone!!!! :)

Nyuck Nyuck in Saint Petersburg, Florida

72 months ago

What's cool is that I was able to get the low-down on this company from this discussion thread. What's even cooler is that I went to my interview anyway ;-)

I debated about the various games I could play, and since I wear pretty thick glasses, opted for the "distractingly sight-impaired" angle. To play this game you must be able to force/allow one eye to rotate ever so slightly so that your eyes look like they aren't quite focused on the same thing. Then, in the interview, with your eyes in this configuration, stare at a fixed point just above the interviewer's left shoulder. Make sure to answer all questions extremely eloquently to add to the disconcerting ambience.

If you can't beat 'em, use 'em for your own amusement, I say...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aspratt in Largo, Florida

71 months ago

Confused in Clearwater, Florida said: I will just like you people to please explain to me why all the nasty posts about this company. I went there for an interview yesterday. Brittany is a very nice person. She had a lobby full of people that had been waiting for a very long time and kept everyone happy. It just seems like you guys are pissed because it is commission based. I chose not to take the position, but they never forced me to do anything. There are real scams out there that have you pay to work there or take tests using your own money to finance them. I do not understand why people like SophieSkrobi would want to report them to the better business bureau if they did not force you to work there or take your money. Other people that have posted make it sound like you are entering the depths of hell and selling your soul if you work there. Maybe someone can explain this to me. I walked into an office where the girls there seemed to be working very hard, the managers answered all my questions with no run around and I realized it wasn't for me. So why all the scam comments?

I just received a call and Nikki wanted me to come in to interview today. Little rushed and when I told her I couldn't until Monday, she said to call her back Monday to see if the position was still open. It is already frustrating enough to find a job in this market and then you ad companies who can't be forth right with their intentions. That is why we are all frustrated. The company can take up so much of your time (what's up with an 8 hour interview) when you could be utilizing that time to actual interviews. If a company is not open to finding more out about you while on the phone and if you walk into a room full of people having to wait for a scheduled interview and if an interview is lasting 8 hours....be very careful. Good luck everyone.

Thankful in Tampa, Florida

71 months ago

I have an interview today with Pro Source. I applied to an ad on Monster, however the company name on monster was CPS,Inc. A women called and said she was from Pro Source and said her manager reviewed my resume and would like to meet with me. I wanted to be prepared for the interview so I immediatly went online to find the company. I could not find any information on this company. I googled the phone number she call me from and it was for Central Florida Direct. When I pulled there name I saw alot of information just like this claiming it was a scam. I even tried the address they gave me on Himes and it does not have any name they are using it's a learning facility. I will not be wasting my time on an interview today. Thank you for this thread I hope this information can help others.

workn_n_tpa in Tampa, Florida

71 months ago

Just commenting on "Confused in Clearwater".
Its one thing if the company gives you all the right information. But its another thing if they sugar coat it, beat around the bush, or even purposely leave out certain facts in the interview. And we are not saying the people there are rude either. Yes they were nice and polite, and positive... but the whole point is getting people in there to work...And the reason their office is full is because they have so much turnover. It has nothing to do with you qualifying for the position. They will hire anyone that is nieve enough to take it.So the people above them make more money. It is a pyrimid scheme no matter how you look at it. The fact is that with me personally I was told a couple of things about the position, and I decided to leave a job I was with for a few years only to find out my first week that alot of it wasnt true. Well, lessons learned. Yeah... I was nieve and stupid considering I havent been in the jobhunting field in a long time. So I didnt know to look out for things like this. now, I could kick myself in the ass for not doing my research on the company. I dont like to think that people are decieving, manipulating, or calculating, but the fact is they are out there and we just need to be careful and aware of it. That is why this site is here for. Note: This is a website to post our experiences and opinions. So thats all we are doing.

A NOTE TO all MY FELLOW JOBSEEKERS: ALWAYS CHECKOUT THE COMPANY BEFORE WASTING YOUR TIME! Something I should have done but got caught up in the fact that it seemed like a great opportunity... At least till I started working and all the real facts started coming out.

JEssica Boehm in Clearwater, Florida

71 months ago

yes legendary promotions, exec..promo group and all the others that say great opportunity to move up and make all this $$ per day..and its great for entry level..etc etc.. all the same lingo and especially when you get there, if you walk in and see like one receptionist and a small waiting area with no real offices, its door to door sales...pyramid scheme at its worst!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tired in Largo, Florida

71 months ago

Trabal68 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania said: Here is the deal...Totally not related, but be carefull. There is this Company listing jobs here in INDEED it's called -FOSTER BUTLER- they do not exist!

An internet search led to a non-existent physical adress, the Closest they have to a profile is a Nigerian in Facebook.

A response to their job offer leads to the jobseeker HAVING to sign up for creditreport.com after filling out a pretty official looking process for about 15-30 minutes.

I have attempted to contact the person who replied to my email (Helen sanderson) from FOSTER BUTLER but have had no response. The closest Helen Sanderson run a recruitment firm in England. Be carefull, at least be warned.

Credit reports are offered for free it is the law and are accessible at annualcreditreport.com

Another Red Flag:
All their jobs pay over 40K, even scrubbing toilets.

Thank you. I took the time to fill out the "questions" also, only to find out they wanted me to do a credit check before hitting submit. I simply hit submit and if they are for real, they can look at my credit report after a legitimate company offers me a position and not before.

You are crackin' me up! LOL in Odessa, Florida

71 months ago

@Mad enough to fight! in Clearwater, Florida - Now that is too f'n funny! I feel ya on that one. They need to stop playing with people emotions and be honest.

Question for you in Clearwater, Florida

69 months ago

I'd like to know all about your experience during the interview - not much is said on their website - actually, it is very vague - no info on company; Hoovers, BBB - etc. No info on owner either -

Don't do it!!! in Tampa, Florida said: Another one to be on the look out for is "South Side Associates"! They are posting adds on all of the major job boards trying to lure people in. Using the same tactics as most of you has listed above. They don't pay for you mileage, and want you to travel all over the place to so called promote crap!! The red flag for me was when the guy said on the phone that I could make up to 75,000 to 100,000 a year doing this. Don't fall for it people! These are vultures out here just trying to take advantage of good people. If it looks to good to be true then it probably is. Go with reputable companies that have been in business for years. And always do research on them before going to them. Find out all the dirt on them it can save you a lot of heartache and trouble. Thank God for the internet and Google! LOL!!! You can find out anything on anybody. If you try to find out information about the company online and can't, then you probably don't want to work for them. Stay strong people and keep the faith!!;)

What a JOKE!! in Tampa, Florida

69 months ago

I have been considering a career change and I wanted to see what was out there. I surprisingly got a call from Pro Source Services yesterday. I figured, hey... what the hell. I called them back to schedule the interview. I spoke with "Nayleen" and asked her a few simple questions about the position. She stated that they are a marketing firm for Fortune 500 companies (just as their website stated). I also asked if the position was strictly commission and she said "It is an entry level management position that is salary plus commission". She wanted me to come in for the interview at 10am today. I told her I would not be able to leave work that soon and asked her if I could come in on Thursday. She stated that they were looking to fill the position immediately and would need me to come in today. I asked her if a lunch appointment would be feasible and she said 1pm would be okay.

Today, I did a ton of research prior to my interview. Their website is very vague and it was created in 2009 which wasn't a good sign. They don't list any of their clients on their website which was a red flag after she stated they work directly with companies such as "Direct TV" etc. Then I would this website!

I immediately called NIKKI (the lady I was supposed to have an interview with) and canceled. She asked if I wanted to reschedule (funny, since YESTERDAY Nayleen said they needed to fill the position immediately and a future appointment would not be feasible) and I politely said "No, thank you" and hung up!

So glad I didn't waste my time and I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for these scam companies from here on out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

thank you for the insight in Lutz, Florida

68 months ago

I also was called about a job from prosource and set up an interview for tomorrow. I just recently graduated from college and was sending out my resume to different job postings and because I am new to job searching and saw entry level management position, (my major being business management) it sounded great so i sent my resume.

Less than 12 hours later I had a call from someone saying their boss looked over my resume and would love to set up the interview, as i said and i set it up, but the person on the phone who set up the interview with me never mentioned the name of the company or anything. So it was already sketchy. She went on to say they are a marketing company looking to expand to an office in Tampa and they work with various fortune 500 companies etc etc.

So I googled the address they gave me because I had no company name from them and it gave me ProSource and so I googled that, the web site was a complete joke, and then thank goodness I found this forum on it. Now I am not even going to show up, they want to waist my time then I have no problem wasting theirs.

If you get a call like that beware..

Dead End Job in Clearwater, Florida

68 months ago

I went on a similar interview with another company in Tampa that does the exact same thing. Yes, they do have clients, and yes, there are jobs - why are they hiding the positions? I'll tell you why. Because you stand in a Kiosk all day selling makeup, jewlery or bottles of water. Is that how you want to waste your time standing around all day for a measly $7 an hour! Good thing that you were smart enough to research the company before hand.

single mom in Tampa, Florida

67 months ago

This place is a complete waste of time. i got the scoop from personal experience. They call you after reviewing 100 resumes daily and literally call every single person. The idiots that actually respond and answer go on interviews and waste their entire day t\during there "2ND interview or day of observation" then your hired ! simple right! till they tell you its commission only! m-s long hours!!! selling crap! like direct tv, home depot products, and auto glass! get out of here! they lure you in buy having an up beat spunky admin call you to trick you! its a scam people !! they hire people everyday its a never ending process!! your not special they just need numbers to call to scam you into working for them! Oh and Nikki the "office manager" shes a complete joke! she has the same scripted pitch but worse she rushes you off the phone so youll hurry up and book your interview over the phone and then come in for a 3 minute interview. Shes very unprofessional, she curses during interviews while trying to be personable and shes a hoe! Literally been in and out of jail and shes sleeping with owner! Stuart cooper the owner of Pro Source Services!

Anyway.. lol ... good luck in your search for a great career!

Tired of wasting my time in Tampa, Florida

67 months ago

hahah it was so obvious! They flirt in the office! I noticed the white watch she was wearing, you can tell he bought her with it!

Don't do it!!! in Tampa, Florida in Odessa, Florida

66 months ago

The interview was at Sam's Club on South Dale Mabry. It didn't last longer than a milla second. The lil young girl who was suppose to be interviewing me looked no older than 18. And after telling her my experience and her seeing my resume, I could tell that she was intimidated by me. Needless to say I never heard back from them about the position. Until a few months passed and I got a call from them again. This time it was from a guy in Orlando. When I told him that I was already interviewed by this company and then never heard back from them after that he didn't know what to say. The place is just a big scam and if your smart you'll just stay clear of them. And being that you did a search on them and it was vague and you could'nt find any info on them, that answered your question right there. Run like hell!!! I've worked for legitimate marketing and advertising agency's like; US Concepts. And they don't do business like that. All I can say is I'm not gonna be scammed by nobody cause I know what to look for. Good luck and I hope that the info helped you out.

Question for you in Clearwater, Florida said: I'd like to know all about your experience during the interview - not much is said on their website - actually, it is very vague - no info on company; Hoovers, BBB - etc. No info on owner either -

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dubrdm in Saint Petersburg, Florida

66 months ago

How about The Spot Marketing? Anybody heard anything about them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jboehmster in Clearwater, Florida

66 months ago

thank you, very helpful

archiepele in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

They've spread to atlanta too. thanks for saving my time.

mike in Saint Petersburg, Florida

57 months ago

Ok, i'll add my experience to the mix. i attended an interview last wednesday, second interview thursday (along with a walk-through one of the 'home depot' stores they're currently promoting.) i was told that i had the ability to earn 100k, run my own group of guys, leap and bound up the corporate ladder easily due to my previous management experience. well, today was my 4th day in the home depot stores. let me say this first - the guys i went out with were legitimate and professional. no issues with them. second, the home depot deal they have going is also legitimate, they do have a contract to provide them with leads for their cabinet and bathroom refacing department. but this is where it gets sticky. i've walked about a total of 30 miles around 2 stores (over the course of 4x 7-8 hour shifts each day.) i managed to talk to just about everyone in the during those times, some were interested, some were eager. but mostly, they were tired of being approached by promotion reps. if they weren't 'in a new home and everythings perfect' then they were 'renters' or 'not interested in doing anything right now' or 'i've spoken to your guys already' or 'i don't have time for this right now'. today i kept a record of what everyone said. around 1% gave me the time of day. between me and my 'team leader' we spoke to about 120 people. we got 1 lead. to be perfectly honest i'll be surprised if that one goes through.
this company has a good product. they have a good 'attitude'. but they don't have professionalism. they like to think they do, but their training is abysmal, their offices are disgusting, the information they provide is 'off the shelf' and in my opinion will continue to hire anyone with a pulse, with promises of riches and success to anyone willing (and desperate enough) to listen. i was doubtful after i walked in the door for the first attitude. i gave them a break. foolish me. in my opinion, stay away. there's much better out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated Job Seeker in Brandon, Florida

54 months ago

Beware! South Side Associates also goes by the name of The Stratton Group. I have done some research, and the owner of South Side Associates is also the owner of The Stratton Group. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mass in Randolph, Massachusetts

29 months ago

They seem to have moved to Mass.

Now its called "Greater Boston Events" the owner of the same companies mentioned here is pictured on their facebook page.

Interviewed there and it doesn't sound legit

ADW in Norfolk, Virginia

25 months ago

Capital Marketing Solutions duped me about 15 years ago. I was in college and looking for a summer job that did not involve waiting tables or a minimum wage retail job. The potential to earn $1000 a week sounded seductive as did working in "sports marketing" helping major sports teams and sponsors such as AT&T.

I arrived at 8AM my first day for a meeting my first red flag was a seeing a drawing of pyramid on the board of the corporate structure and fast track to management. I also, noticed only the receptionist and the manager who interviewed me had their own desks.

I was asked to "shadow" a guy who had been there only a few weeks. He was well dressed in a suit with a good rhino tie pin. His "territory" he was assigned was a college about 30 minutes away AND I had to drive because his car was in the shop. Once we arrived we posted up in heavy traffic areas on campus having students fill out credit card application forms for Visa and then hand them a free T-shirt, stress ball, or some other meaningless trinket.

We arrived back at the office after 7pm. There was another short meeting and everyone collected their payment for the day. My trainer made $80 for 10 hours of work. He made $2.00 per credit card application and managed to coax 40 students to fill out forms. Serious debt is eminent for some of these poor students if they activated snd used their cards. Also, not to mention all kinds of junk mail and other offers flood in.

Earnings are 100% commission based and I was not even compensated for my time and gas.

Needless to say, I told them I will not be returning tomorrow.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.