American Income Life

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

OJG1973 in Chagrin Falls, Ohio

64 months ago

I want to know if anybody is familiar with this company and if is a good place to work. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

beware in Akron, Ohio

60 months ago

poor customer service
very poor programs/services
red beans and rice/ ramein noodles diet if you can't sell
100% commission

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chain in Eugene, Oregon

60 months ago

It is a 100% commission sales position, your training and licensing is not paid for, and they habitually lie about how long anything takes (you can complete the licensing and the script in 1 month. I did, but I still did not get any training or have a chance to make any money for a month after that).

You basically cover all of the expenses, which is why they recruit non-stop. By hiring a ton of new people, they lose nothing and potentially get 1 new employee out of 50 or so, and that employee is not paid until they are making money for the company.

Do you have a background in sales? Are you willing to be less than honest to get into a strangers home and try to sell them something?(They never actually lie, they just got close enough to make me feel dirty.)

If not, you will likely waste a month or two of your time you could be using to find a real job, and in the mean time work for pennies booking appointments for another salesman. Think very carefully before you accept that job, what they sell requires them to manipulate emotions, and they are good at it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.