How to attract students and emerging workforce in north east ohio?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

jdunson in Solon, Ohio

38 months ago

I'm in charge of our company's internship program, as well as assist with the general HR duties of fulltime internal staff and I have been struggling to bring in a steady flow of applicants. I try to create ads (craiglist/monster/linkedin/facebook/indeed) that call to the Gen Y/Gen X hot buttons. Things such as open exchanging of ideas, uncapped earning potential, team environment, opportunities for continued education, flexible hours, positive work environment, no weekend work, relaxed environment/no dress code, training, benefits, use of technology/social media/other "trendy" things. But nothing really seems to generate more than a trickle of resumes. We've tried holding open houses, attending career fairs, calling colleges to establish relationships with the professors and program directors, and many other tactics. Is anyone else having trouble attracting students and emerging workforce employees? What tips do you have for attracting these candidates?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Keith in Sheffield Lake, Ohio

20 months ago

Why not write some ads for older and experienced professionals like myself?

Many of us have more experience and since we have been out of work so long we are willing to work at the lower pay that you probably offer.

Do you have a problem with us older, good quality workers willing to work for you?

Techsavvy in Plymouth, Ohio

18 months ago

I agree with Keith. I am looking for a position as a Technical Trainer. I have the education and the experience. Anyone employers with available positions, please contact me. Thanks.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.