Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Host

What jobs are on the rise in Columbus?

Reply - Report abuse

kristie smith in Columbus, Georgia

88 months ago

im 16 years old i had to quite school for now and i need a job as soon as posible i have a baby who is 19 months old and i have a babysister i just need a job fast thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

SHAY in Vandalia, Ohio

88 months ago

Kristie,
I think you should have stayed away from boys and stayed in school. Your grammar is horrible. That means you had a baby when you were about 14 or 15. Geesh, I would hate to be you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Columbus, Georgia

81 months ago

kristie smith in Columbus, Georgia said: im 16 years old i had to quite school for now and i need a job as soon as posible i have a baby who is 19 months old and i have a babysister i just need a job fast thanks

Go Back to school and find a babysitter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

kristie smith in Columbus, Georgia said: im 16 years old i had to quite school for now and i need a job as soon as posible i have a baby who is 19 months old and i have a babysister i just need a job fast thanks

Kriste sometimes we live and learn your child is a blessing even though your quite young its no longer about you. Its about you providing and taking care of your child so go back to school and get the education you need to support that child and yourself. There are programs out there that will assist you with your education you just have to ask or do the research yourself. Ged, Technical schools, even if your getting assistant from the government that should have some type of programs to assist you with your education. I wish you the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Susan R in Columbus, Georgia

74 months ago

The best jobs in Columbus right now are.....

Chicken Shanker
Stay at Home Mom (or Dad or both)
Panhandler(Manchester exit pays more than most city jobs)
Dumpster Diver at local stores
Pro Fisherman(at local parks)

Good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Casey Edwards in Columbus, Georgia

72 months ago

Right now jobs are hard to find. Also, I don't think you other people should be leaving smart comments. Maybe Kristie did make a mistake but at least she is trying. She only asked a question about a job and if you couldn't answer without leaving a hateful comment you should have just kept your comments to yourselves. I'm pretty sure that you all have made mistakes as well and had to have someone else's help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Plum in Columbus, Georgia

71 months ago

Casey Edwards in Columbus, Georgia said: Right now jobs are hard to find. Also, I don't think you other people should be leaving smart comments. Maybe Kristie did make a mistake but at least she is trying. She only asked a question about a job and if you couldn't answer without leaving a hateful comment you should have just kept your comments to yourselves. I'm pretty sure that you all have made mistakes as well and had to have someone else's help.

Thanks for saying that but also I would like to thank the other people for their comments as well. You see I have a 15 year old and she needed to read this so she can see the affect that unprotected sex has on her and society. It's like a pebble in a pond.....ripple effect

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chaneyra in Columbus, Georgia

67 months ago

hey can i be ur babysitter im only 12 looking for a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Debra in Columbus, Georgia

66 months ago

God Bless you..That child is a gift from God and so are you, there are programs out there that can help you start at DEFACS. Education is so important, can someone in your immediate family babysit,so you can work and go to night school free. Also start at Georgia Dept of Labor, they have jobs and they can get you into a GED program. Its tough but you can do it. Good Luck at God Speed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stiv in Columbus, Georgia

66 months ago

Rofl, you got owned.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FELICIA in Detroit, Michigan

59 months ago

I AM VERY, SAD TO HEAR OF THIS KRISTIE SMITH BUT BABY YOU HAVE TO HOLD YOUR HEAD UP LIKE THE YOUNG LADY YOU ARE AND FACE IT THAT WAS A LESSION TO BE LEARN OUT HERE SWEETIE PLEASE GET BACK IN SCHOOL YOU CANT GO ANY FURTHER I WISH YOU WELL IN FINDING A JOB.........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ejdolence@yahoo.com in Columbus, Georgia

56 months ago

Dear kristie if you are serious about needing a job go to the health dept. or dfacs they will help you with schooling and income until you you can stand on your own two feet. It is very easyfor others to judge and often very hard for them to offer the help you are asking for. Have faith and listen to someone who has been in your shoes. The road does get easier I promise. Also it is neither here nor there how old you were when you had your child all that matters now is that you are trying to do the right thing and step up to the plate to provide for your baby. Stay strong it will all come to together sooner then you realize.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.