Is it worth it?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

bby12 in Dallas, Texas

25 months ago

I just graduated HS . I'm thinking of taking business courses online at University of Phoenix, just because 4yr isn;t an option right now.

What jobs provide training in dallas and the ability to move up? I've horror stories with certain jobs like pharmacy techs, administrative assistants, and etc. I need a little direction. Share your stories/advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

25 months ago

How many toes do you have?

This is what I would do bby12.

I would take 2 years off from starting college/vocational school/or whatever.

During those 2 years which will go by fast...EVERY week I would think about what it is you want to do with your life. I would especially talk to people in the fields that your interested. And, make sure you talk to a TON of people in the fields your interested in. They will tell you the good and the bad. And on your own do research on the computer about the fields your interested in. Believe me, those 2 years will fly by fast. (I know you don't think so, but they will.)

During those 2 years take a waiter, retail, whatever job to have some money coming in.

And also have tons of fun during those 2 yrs. Party a lot. Just don't get into any real trouble! Have fun...you have your whole life ahead of you. Too many times kids rush into college not really knowing what it is they want to do in life and then when it's too late they realize they chose the wrong career. Hopefully, your parents will put up with the 2 years thing.

Good Luck kid, and do some serious partying for me too.

By the way, how many toes do you have?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ray-Ray in Fort Wayne, Indiana

25 months ago

bby12 in Dallas, Texas said: I just graduated HS . I'm thinking of taking business courses online at University of Phoenix, just because 4yr isn;t an option right now.

What jobs provide training in dallas and the ability to move up? I've horror stories with certain jobs like pharmacy techs, administrative assistants, and etc. I need a little direction. Share your stories/advice.

don't do it..University of Phoenix is a scam and you will not get a job with a degree from that place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dallas IT Recruiter in Dallas, Texas

25 months ago

If you’re still having problems finding a job, try working with a recruitment agency. I work with recruiters in the IT industry which may not be relevant to you but my point is recruitment agencies follow specific processes to match candidates with the right companies. For example, this is the recruiting process we follow: www.insourcegroup.com/stage-one-of-our-proven-process

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.