NB Direct, Inc.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 85 of 85)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Marketing Female Student in Dallas, Texas

50 months ago

cont... was that their biggest client right now was AT&T U-Verse. I left their and was still a little skeptical. I went to the second interview (with know heels) and was told I would be shadowing another guy for a day to get a view on what we do. I remembered being told seven hours and wonderered why they had me to come at 12:30. I never worked to almost 8:00pm before. I then met withh the "shadow guy" and he told me to get my belongings and follow him....right out the office. When then ended outside in the parking lot where I was told that we would be driving to out to Frisco today to work. (me thinking that they had another office in Frisco...not at all) I got inside of a filthy car that another guy was driving and we sped off. I was terrified. If something was to happen to me with these people,there was nothing that would have tied me to them. I never signed any paperwork that I was under liability with the company (very uncomfortable) and plus I was still unaware of what they did for sure. the "shadow guy" even left me in the blue on the way to Frisco. (also to add, we almost got into a car accident...twice!) When making it to Frisco they pulled into a neighborhood and parked on the side street. Got their binders and coats then got out the car. Thats when it finally got me, door to door salesmen. (I personally close the door on these guys so why would I want to do this?) We walked door to door in this neighborhood for 5 1/2 hours in the cold rain (pissed..i had suede shoes on). Got cursed out and scolded by a lot of people (so uncomfortable). The harass these people! It was new mothers with their newborns whom homes were being revisited three hours later to see if they wanted to change their mind when their husbands got home. It was crazy! If you just want to knock on peoples doors for a living go ahead. It seems like a total scam because after that seven hour day I was even more pissed to find out that it was commission base pay for entry level! Never again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

microcker15 in Denton, Texas

49 months ago

Post-graduate in Dallas, Texas said: Has anyone ever heard of Impact Events, Inc. in Dallas, TX? I am supposed to interview with them tomorrow morning, but now I am not sure I am going to do it. It sounds like it might be a door-to-door marketing company, and I am not interested. I can't find anything about them, besides their website. But please help me out and tell me if they are a door-to-door sales company!!

BTW - I had an interview with Evantage, as well, but I'm definitely canceling that one!

Thanks you for your posts.

Did you find out? I went for an interview and I am unsure still!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lady in Los Angeles, California

49 months ago

microcker15 in Denton, Texas said: Did you find out? I went for an interview and I am unsure still!

I am questioning Impact Events Inc too! I applied for a position and they just called me to interview with them but I have my doubts... I read their website too but I just don't know what to think... If you do go for an inverview please write back what you thought about them.

Tom in Dallas, Texas

49 months ago

Tom Foolery in Bedford, Texas said: Spoke with them for quite a while. I also did their webinar. They MISLEAD people into thinking they are a large company. They show a large building and say that is their corporate headquarters. Just suite 1700 that is, not the whole building. As it turns out all they do is rent a very small one room executive office there. Then they occasionally rent the CONFERENCE room. They LITERALLY have 1 processer, who hires 1 assistant. They always say they are only hiring 100 people to work with them, and they currently have 82, so this may be the last chance, and we won't hire just anybody. They offer 2 plans, $988 and $488. They say you can't change between the plans for at least 45 days, so you should sign up for the HIGHER (WOW...YOU'RE REALLY STUPID) plan, or you will regret it. Of COURSE they have more then 100 people that have paid, it's just a way to get the SENSE of urgency into you. I would stay away from this company, the only leads you get, USUALLY don't speak english, or they would keep them themselves. The top producer has 4 assistants and says he does 20 per month, and gets over 1000 leads per month. He needs the assistants just to call them all. I for one don't have time to call 1000 people, just to get 20 closed, then split that 5 ways.......
........................I am LITERALLY amazed at your spelling errors. I can maybe see spelling the "big words" incorrectly but for God's sake man, you spelled the word "HIGHER"...H-I-R-E-R....I'm embarrassed for you.

You need to leave the guy alone if you want to rip into someone about spelling you need a life. This person was trying to give others the heads up about a scam give it a rest. If all you can do is pick on another persons spelling I am sure there are things in your life we could find that you would not want us to bring up and post for the world to see. Stop behaving like such a prick!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

duped in Richardson, Texas

49 months ago

1. New Line Management
2. Rylie Concept
3. InnoCept Marketing Inc.
4. Evantage, Inc
5. nFuse Direct LLC
6. Impact, Inc.

All these are door to door sales. Junk jobs. For some you just apply and you will get a reply within few hours for interview. they dont even look at resumes
How sick

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

job seeker in Dallas, Texas

49 months ago

NAS said: So I am supposed to interview with Lionheart next week...cancel it?????

anyone going to interview with Lionheart should CANCEL!! I went to an interview with them 3/29/10 this is not a job opportunity it is a presentation then you are asked to buy into it, and sell a pre-paid legal service and identity theft product. I have and attended a secret service seminar for Citigroup Smith Barney on identity theft and was instantly able to see problems with the information Lionheart had in their presentation, and the product they market. This was not an honest presentation, done by a non honest company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Marketing Female Student in Dallas, Texas said: cont... was that their biggest client right now was AT&T U-Verse. I left their and was still a little skeptical. I went to the second interview (with know heels) and was told I would be shadowing another guy for a day to get a view on what we do. I remembered being told seven hours and wonderered why they had me to come at 12:30. I never worked to almost 8:00pm before. I then met withh the "shadow guy" and he told me to get my belongings and follow him....right out the office. When then ended outside in the parking lot where I was told that we would be driving to out to Frisco today to work. (me thinking that they had another office in Frisco...not at all) I got inside of a filthy car that another guy was driving and we sped off. I was terrified. If something was to happen to me with these people,there was nothing that would have tied me to them. I never signed any paperwork that I was under liability with the company (very uncomfortable) and plus I was still unaware of what they did for sure. the "shadow guy" even left me in the blue on the way to Frisco. (also to add, we almost got into a car accident...twice!) When making it to Frisco they pulled into a neighborhood and parked on the side street. Got their binders and coats then got out the car. Thats when it finally got me, door to door salesmen. (I personally close the door on these guys so why would I want to do this?) We walked door to door in this neighborhood for 5 1/2 hours in the cold rain (pissed..i had suede shoes on). Got cursed out and scolded by a lot of people (so uncomfortable). The harass these people! It was new mothers with their newborns whom homes were being revisited three hours later to see if they wanted to change their mind when their husbands got home. It was crazy! If you just want to knock on peoples doors for a living go ahead. It seems like a total scam because after that seven hour day I was even more pissed to find out that it w

49 months ago

I have the "second round" interview tomorrow and after everything I have read I am thinking about skipping it. Is this a 100% commission based pay from a door to door job?

Blake in Dallas, Texas

48 months ago

Do not follow up with Impact Inc.I called them after they told they really liked my resume (I'm inadvertising design). I asked them about this and they told me they hire alot of designers. (red flag). So I scheduled an interview. Decided I didn't want to go. I didn't feel right about it. The day of my scheduled interview, they kept calling/emailing me wnting to reschedule. Obviously they are not looking for reliable employees(red flag). I then emailed telling them I was not a door to door salesman. They said there is no sales in this company but that I would be doing outdoor sales business to business. What a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dant22185 in Lewisville, Texas

46 months ago

Steve92 in Fort Worth, Texas said: anyone heard of universal endeavors in ft.worth? what's their story

Yes Universal Endeavors is just like the rest of the Marketing bunch. Indeed of cut co knives however you go door to door selling AT&T U-Verse internet / cable service. They are also misleading on the interviewing process. I think the initial interview lasted about 10 minutes for me it was pretty weak. Then they told me that if I was picked out of their "many" candidates I would be called back for a follow up interview to see what the job was like hands on for 8 hours. Needless to say it is not worth your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aid_neh in Arlington, Texas

46 months ago

I went to the first interview even though i read the comments yesterday...i saw it with my own eyes... the don't give you a clue about whta they're doing..and it ooks like they dont really do anything special haha...anyways i have an interview with them tomorrow for 7 hours..are they kidding ???? its unpaid...is it the second interview or an orientation?????? these people don't understand the difference with professional level jobs and a sales man...im not getting my BBA from SMU to go do door to door sale....

aid_neh in Arlington, Texas

46 months ago

I went to the first interview even though i read the comments yesterday...i saw it with my own eyes... the don't give you a clue about whta they're doing..and it ooks like they dont really do anything special haha...anyways i have an interview with them tomorrow for 7 hours..are they kidding ???? its unpaid...is it the second interview or an orientation?????? these people don't understand the difference with professional level jobs and a sales man...im not getting my BBA from SMU to go do door to door sale....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

????? in Fort Worth, Texas

45 months ago

I have scheduled an interview with Universal Endeavors for this week, and was wondering if anyone on here has been told they were interviewing for an account management position or have they all been Face to Face selling for AT&T? If so and it turned out to be door to door sales then I would really like to know... Thanks so much!

Texan in Kuwait, Kuwait

44 months ago

I'm a contractor in Kuwait, interested in returning to Texas, but working in the DFW area. I posted on careerbuilder.com, and within hours received responses from Lionheart Assurance Solutions and Evantage Inc, among others. I even received a call from Evantage Inc yesterday. Since neither website divulges in what exactly they do, I passed. I think it's best to stick with the big and well-known companies, which is unfortunate for the smaller legit companies.

Careersearcher2010 in Carrollton, Texas

42 months ago

I just posted my resume on careerbuilder and yes I got the call from Evantage Inc. about 45 minutes later. I set the interview for friday but after hearing about ya'lls experiences I called back and cancelled. I have gone through this before with those sports/marketing entry level positions so I did think it was one of those and did my research. Thanks so much! I do need a good marketing job if anyone finds a real marketing position for a good company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Adw in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

employee in Carrollton, Texas said: I have to laugh at all of the ridiculous comments on Evantage. I have been an employee with the company for awhile now. To the person stated that the Dallas Stars were an exclusive client, is wrong. We work directly with AT&T. They are our client. Plain and simple. And yes, there are two offices....they are partner companies. Imagine that. :) If you are awesome at what you do, you'll succeed....if not, you won't. Plain and simple.

Brain washed!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

g4scooter in Uniontown, Ohio

40 months ago

I am doing lsat interview with t-mobile for b2b sales, what is your opinion of the company and culture now that you have been with them for a while?

g4scooter in Uniontown, Ohio

40 months ago

Aden in Arlington, Texas said: Then stay on, most of us have more dignity that sell ourselves short on something stupid such as this crap. They called me too an I've been in the cellular communications industry for 9 years and I'll be D@mned if I'm going to resort to knocking on people doors to make money alla (johovas witness). I got a job with T-mobile corporate and it was definitely worth the wait. I think I will send them a nasty replay via email and ask them, next time they call me, if they would want their kids working for this company.

What is your opinion of the t-mobile position now that you have been there for a short time. Do you know anything about there b2b sales force.

David Elrod in Fort Worth, Texas

39 months ago

Look guys sales isnt a horrible thing.If you want to make REAL money with a residual income look into selling insurance.Prefferably medicare suppplements .For all you jokers that have a degree you should swallow your pride.I barely graduated high school and I make about 120k a year.Thats as a producer.72k even if I dont work all year.If your to PROUD to go door to door then dont.Leave the money for the rest of us who are MOTIVATED.Nothing in life is guaranteed anyway.Degrees just get your foot in the door.Success is a journey not a destination.Sounds cheesy but its true.Anyway if anyone would like to put in the time and effort and is SERIOUS about making money call me 1TOOAAMWO1W ask for David Elrod.If you make 50k your first year you have it coming to you the next year that is a guarantee.I know it sounds to good to be true but it is not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

damnedifudo in Fort Worth, Texas

38 months ago

If you are considering employment with Universal Endeavors, run screaming the other way because by the time you get paid you will have lost your home and car because of the bold-faced lies they tell to reel you in. Take my word for it, it happened to me personally. They are paired up with other DBA entities and share office space with DSI Acquistions started by Joe Arciaga and associates in Little Rock and the "MOTHER" corporation CYDCOR moved him to Texas. Then Joe moved up north and Blerim Kuqi took over, but under another DBA Innovative Marketing Design Inc. Prior to their Texas arrival they worked together for IMG International in Arkansas. These men decide your fate regardless of the front they put up to get you to stay and continue working, making promise after promise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Majordyl in Dallas, Texas

38 months ago

to lynn5966.. good for you. I'm glad your sticking up for Evant@ge. I agree with everyone on here really. I don't like misleading practices of hiring "D2D", but you are correct. Many companies were founded and built on that business model. I think what people are upset about is the fact the company is being a little vague about the position. I personally have an interview scheduled with them. I have requested several times for more specifics on the position, but have yet received any informations other than a generic email stating when and where my interview is. I think most people, like myself want to know what to expect when going in for an interview. For those people who are good at D2D sales. I'm sure it's a great opportunity for them. It's just not for everyone. I personally will be cancelling my interview as well, since I NOW know what the position is.

The Average Carl in Austin, Texas

38 months ago

I got a callback from this company within two hours of sending my resume. That raised a few flags right there. How could they possibly think I was a good fit so fast unless all they were really interested in was my interest?

Companies like these may not technically be a scam, no, but I don't plan on going to the next interview anyway because of how dodgy everything was. When I got the callback it sounded like the lady was leaning her mouth away from the phone when she said the company's name, like she was afraid I'd heard it was a scam company and not come in. There were the other things people have complained about, like how they tried to make this job sound like you could make a ton of money easily but not actually say what you'd be doing.

If they aren't willing to tell you what the job is until the second round interview, well, doesn't that say something about the way the company operates? No thanks, I'll look elsewhere, and people can think whatever they like of me for it.

Angela in Fort Worth, Texas

37 months ago

United Synergy Group is the same thing - they're at the same address as Bullet Marketing Enterprises (as listed on the BBB.org website). Same mission statement, etc. Fiance went to the first interview and skipped the second one after I did some research.

DiannaLo in Euless, Texas

37 months ago

Steve92 in Fort Worth, Texas said: anyone heard of universal endeavors in ft.worth? what's their story

UNIVERSAL ENDEAVORS is very deceptive during the preliminary interview process as to what the job actually entails. When I first heard of them online, the position was listed as Account Representative for AT&T. The woman from HR told me the job entails sales skills, marketing, and customer service. She said I would be working with current AT&T customers.
While this is true, I was led to believe I would be working in a store of some kind for AT&T.
What they DIDN'T tell me is, the job is really just scouting out a neighborhood, going door-to-door with a list of current AT&T customers, trying to sell them U-Verse television. The pay is 100% commission based, and if you don't close the sale right then and there, you don't get sh**!
You basically wasted 4+ hours of your time wandering around in the hot sun and wasting your own gas, too.
I did a working interview them yesterday. (Nearly 7 hours - did not get paid!)
Once the trainer had me in her car, and we were already on the way to BFE, she finally told me what the job was really about.
We did the door-to-door thing, didn't make a single sale, thus she made $0 for the day. Actually in the negative if you count wasted gas.

In conclusion, UNLESS you want to scour neighborhoods and harass people at their homes, and take the very good chance of making NOTHING most days, Universal Endeavors is scamming you. I suggest you run away as far as you can in the opposite direction!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

duped in Richardson, Texas said: 1. New Line Management
2. Rylie Concept
3. InnoCept Marketing Inc.
4. Evantage, Inc
5. nFuse Direct LLC
6. Impact, Inc.

All these are door to door sales. Junk jobs. For some you just apply and you will get a reply within few hours for interview. they dont even look at resumes
How sick

Add Universal Endeavors to this list!

confused101 in Fort Worth, Texas

36 months ago

Has anyone heard of K.O.B In Store Concepts?

Had an interview and don't trust them. Seems like a puppy mill for people.

confused101 in Fort Worth, Texas

36 months ago

DiannaLo in Euless, Texas said: Add Universal Endeavors to this list!

Do you know anything about K.O.B In Store Concepts?

35 months ago

In response to inquires about Impact Events:

They offer the ever so controversial pyramid-type business plan. The entry level positions involve B2B (business to business) sales and are 100% commission based.

Not QUITE as sketch as other companies, such as Universal Endeavors, which involves door-to-door sales. However, you still run the risk of making nothing or next to nothing. Unless you are a superstar, gung-ho, go-getter salesman type, this job should probably NOT be at the top of your list of prospects.

There is a fairly new position they offer which I interviewed for, event coordinator.

Instead of B2B, you are given a city/territory, and it is your responsibility to gain permission from larger businesses in the area to set up a booth selling essentially the same products.

The products are pretty good actually...lots of great deals at restaurants, salons, golf courses, sporting events, etc. Much easier to sell on the spot rather than, say, U-Verse cable.

Again, the real downfall is the 100% commission aspect.

I suppose I give neutral feedback for Impact Events.
Not for me, up to you.

35 months ago

confused101 in Fort Worth, Texas said: Do you know anything about K.O.B In Store Concepts?

Have not heard of them...

Tiffany8113 in Garland, Texas

34 months ago

This was really helpful!!!! I was scheduled to go to the interview tomorrow morning. Now NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!

knightfighter888 in Arlington, Texas

33 months ago

Has anyone heard of Moxie Marketing?? I have an interview with them and idk if I should go or not. I dont want to work for a scam business. Thanks a bunch!

btw. dont work for impact, inc. all you do is go door to door selling stuff in the hot blazing sun

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kyle in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

You guys don't need these shady companies jerking you around anymore. Take a look at my job board at www.staffingtexas.net It's full of offers from professional businesses around the Dallas area and throughout state of Texas.
Good Luck guys!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

job hunter in Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas

32 months ago

lynn5966 in Grapevine, Texas said: You're exactly right & thank you for stating what you & I believe to be obvious but unfortunately 85% of the population seem to be be quite unintelligent to put it nicely.

It's not that we are unitelligent. We are works and want to know what it is that we are working for. It would help if the companies advertised the main goal of their hiring for door to door sales. They don't need to say that the offer such and such base pay and that they do main stream work for high reputation business and sports groups. I am not saying that they do not, it's just that most people who get called back think it's because they have quailty skills to lend to a "thriving buisiness." I am a customer service employee and I thought I was going to be handling service calls and maybe sitting in on a marketing meeting or two. They make it sound like the business has a solid rep and we are helping coordinate events, thus the job advertisement. It's not that we are dumb or lazy, we are scared and need a job that doesn't consist of an employer throwing out a hook line and sinker for door to door runners.Like the Evantage employee said, if you're good at door to door then go fot it. If it's not fot you then try something else.

Person in Dallas, Texas

25 months ago

When you come back after the first interview, they pawn you off on some other experienced d2d sales reps. You hop in their cars and they are assigned an area of the city to go sell theirjunk. So basically you trapped walking through freeways and vast expanses of parking lots to the next stores to sell other minimum wage workers coupons to cruddy places. I just left right after about an hour....there's no point in wearing a suit to sell coupons. Summer heat or winter rain, you're better off begging off a side ramp off a freeway, I hear the pay is way better.

canadia in Winfield, British Columbia

21 months ago

I went to the Bullet Marketing interviews in Arlington in the summer of 2008 along with a line of others in the waiting room! I was asked by Mr Bullet, himself to come for a second interview the next day (mind you I had just graduated from college with no income and just a lowly international student working visa as I am Canadian and I lived way up in Carrollton!) I came back, and I was not told anything but that it was a job shadow! I was paired up with an employee who drove me down the hwy to the next suburb in his own car to a Wal-mart (how disappointing!!)! There we took a table outta his trunk and asked Walmart CS if we could set up outside their door and laid out coupons and shirts and other promo material and told people it was for the heart foundation or something.. I asked my own questions, since it was a job shadow.. and i was told it was commission-based not hourly.. and found out you get about $5 a sell or something.. in any case.. before I knew that I sold a shirt for him (with my previous upper lube tech selling techniques from back home) not realising that I just made him $5! He told Mr. Boul't when we arrived back to the office.. and they offered me a job.. i may have taken it.. but i called him back and told him I could not afford to drive to Arlington everyday just to make $5 an hour!!

I also was wondering at my first interview.. why one of the office girls was walking around in a mini skirt! Oh but they did have a website rather than just a blog back then.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.