Rent assistance

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Caliyah Tran in Dallas, Texas

35 months ago

Hello, I was just wandering if rent assistance is available for students struggling to pay for rent and school bills? Thank you for any replies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Dallas, Texas

21 months ago

Hello.
I'm not sure if they would be able to help you or not. I am recently unemployed & a company called HOPWA @ the Martin Luther King Center in Dallas (by the fairgrounds) has helped me in the past. They offer both short term & long term rental Assistance. Your apt. complex has to agree to accept payment from them. Might be worth checking out at least. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mica in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

20 months ago

Caliyah Tran in Dallas, Texas said: Hello, I was just wandering if rent assistance is available for students struggling to pay for rent and school bills? Thank you for any replies.

Depends on why you need it, I'm not sure about how it works in Texas, but in WI the rent assistance program has a wait list for low-income housing. But, if you mean that you are already in an apt and you are facing eviction, then you mean Emergency assistance for housing. For EA, you have to show a loss of income for reasons not within your control.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.