anyone know any DFW companies that will hire felons ?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 247)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Stiff Cliff in Dallas, Texas

38 months ago

2ND CHANCES 4 FELONS in Arlington, Texas said: I THINK THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS DOING. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT. IT IS HUMBLY APPRECIATED.

I drive trucks I am also an ex felon with 2 manufacturing a control substance cases my last case is 8 years old today exactly. Whoever claim they can help ex felons apparently isn't a felon & don't truly understand how rough it is to find work. I have 3 yrs driving exp with Hazmat endorsement I'll tell anyone it's hard to get a gig with that X on your back.However,keep in mind you made that bed so it's up to you to give up & feel sorry for yourself & revert to your old ways or have a made up mind to win against all odds. Keep your faith in God & keep pushing someone will eventually give you a shot. Another thing to my fellow X Felons get creative meaning come up with a business plan there's many ways to get a honest income from home do research on home based businesses or start a Staffing Agency it's sba loans to help out. I'm about to start doing freight brokering from the crib & make more money. Don't give up get going & I'm out. Also if you're a driver get with a temp company to get your experience up that's how I did it google "driver leasing services" & a list will come up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tony Curry in Dallas, Texas

38 months ago

Im also an ex-felon. It's been rough. I work for a temp agency now but I just keep trying everyday. I had an interview yesterday and explained my situation. I just have to wait and see how that goes. I'm not sure about all of the people who say they can help felons though. I called 2nd Chances for felons many many times and the recordind always say the are out of the office. I have left voicemails and no one will return my call. I went on the website and they ask you to fill out a profile sheet and email it to them so I did that and have not gotten a response. So I'm really not sure what to make of that place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jp in Fort Worth, Texas

38 months ago

My boyfriend has an assault with a deadly weapon charge from a car accident. He has tried temp agencies, workforce and simply calling everything he sees, he has gotten interviews but when they see the charge no luck. He is a hard worker and will do anything. Do you any advice or contacts that will help him find a job at this point he is desperate! Good luck everyone, it's tough I know but stay straight and keep your heads up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

foxymiss in Dallas, Texas

38 months ago

Go to Regal Staffing in Arlington...my best friends husband got a job and he is fresh out the Prison.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stiff Cliff in Dallas, Texas

38 months ago

The best sound & financial proof advice I can give him is create a home based business or something to the nature he's his own boss. He can become a freight broker or agent & work from home he'll need a fax machine, internet computer, & a phone preferably a land line for office calls. These people make good money with the right training he can too. The only thing he has too want it for himself because it's a lot of cold calling at first, but after he gets 3 or 4 customers he can make $1,000 or a day from home. If interested you can send me your or his email & I'll forward him the training course info God bless ya'll & everyone else reading this blog. And for whoever put that bogus info up about they can help any felon should take that down. I went on those sites to see what it do & discovered all it there was is links leading to other sites to companies that say they hire felons when they really don't & I know this for a fact. I drive trucks & the companies don't hire felons unless it's 7 to 10 years old so how are you helping a felon you're only sending them to a door thats bolted down shut tight.But, then to some people get gratification out of misleading others plus every time you click those links off their site to view a so called job the only one getting paid is them.Which is surprising why he/she didn't mention that you can make money off GOOGLE ADS that's what they're doing & you can have felony's from here to Bangkok. So don't believe everything you read. Whoever, started this fiasco should be ashamed claiming to be a felon hero that have the key's for felons to obtain a successful job wow what other super powers does Ms. Whoever posses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

flawed yet deeply empathetic in Arlington, Texas

38 months ago

Recently, I have spent countless hours on these subjects, researching and creating an enlightened mind set. The goal is, to help an understand and that which I had not. This was soon after meeting my boyfriend/bestfriend, finding that he was suffering through this insanely ludicrous cycle, that supposed intelligent people developed as a supposed "cure" aga crime amongst our society. Seemingly, used under the context of help, as an aid to end future problems/crime. I realize that there are always those that manipulate and will use a multitude of excuses to blame, lacking the desire to acknowledge they made mistakes (as we all do, to err is human)but to follow the even more difficult path, of taking responsibility and working at becoming thier personal best. However, I can see that most only want to be able to pay for thier mistakes and not live a life of condemnation. I have no desire to gather information that could be used possibly for identity theft purposes, perhaps even more upsetting to me, used to lift the spirits of people already in need only to shatter the small amount of faith left. I would only like to offer help through what I have found. I am willing to post jobs and sites, organizations offering help and any other information that would be helpful. I may not have been in the same situations but I know hardship. I have been unemployed for two years due to the economy, even after being employed for the past thirteen years. Having lost almost everything, including my sense of self and enduring numerous tragedies unrelated. I only wish to possibly help someone as I would want to be. We should all be in this life together to give to one another, because alone what do we really have? I apologize for the long post but I will gather the sites, information etc. and post them in the next day or two. If anyone wants to contact me, please leave an email address and I would be more than happy to offer what I am able. Just don't give up, life has more to offer you!

abarnes78 in Dallas, Texas

37 months ago

MsNisha in Dallas, Texas said: You know what some one can have an excellent resume but their attitudes
their personality is all wrong, he just need to humble his self if he has been hired and fired four times in one week. he probably DO NOT want to WORK....

can you email me with any job leads? My brother is having a hard time finding work.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WILL in Dallas, Texas

37 months ago

Stiff Cliff in Dallas, Texas said: The best sound & financial proof advice I can give him is create a home based business or something to the nature he's his own boss. He can become a freight broker or agent & work from home he'll need a fax machine, internet computer, & a phone preferably a land line for office calls. These people make good money with the right training he can too. The only thing he has too want it for himself because it's a lot of cold calling at first, but after he gets 3 or 4 customers he can make $1,000 or a day from home. If interested you can send me your or his email & I'll forward him the training course info God bless ya'll & everyone else reading this blog. And for whoever put that bogus info up about they can help any felon should take that down. I went on those sites to see what it do & discovered all it there was is links leading to other sites to companies that say they hire felons when they really don't & I know this for a fact. I drive trucks & the companies don't hire felons unless it's 7 to 10 years old so how are you helping a felon you're only sending them to a door thats bolted down shut tight.But, then to some people get gratification out of misleading others plus every time you click those links off their site to view a so called job the only one getting paid is them.Which is surprising why he/she didn't mention that you can make money off GOOGLE ADS that's what they're doing & you can have felony's from here to Bangkok. So don't believe everything you read. Whoever, started this fiasco should be ashamed claiming to be a felon hero that have the key's for felons to obtain a successful job wow what other super powers does Ms. Whoever posses.

HELLO, HOW YOU DOING THIS SOUND INTERESTING ABOUT THIS BROKER OR AGENT CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT IT ??? THANKS: WILL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

WILL in Dallas, Texas

37 months ago

it's rough, no one want to hire anyone that is so TRUE, SO IF YOU HEAR OF ANY ONE HIRING in DALLAS TX. let me know.

$tiff Cliff in Dallas, Texas

37 months ago

Sure I'll send you the info get at me via hacayne at yahoo com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

James Banks in Coos Bay, Oregon

36 months ago

Hogg in Dallas, Texas said: Hogg's Automotive Training Academy, Inc helps formerly incarcerated people, ask for Carolyn or Dalphine

I'm going to be moving to texas near in about month and I have a two year old daughter.
I have a marijuana felony on my record and need a job badly. would you know where i could find a job? Im trying to look into it as much as possible before I go. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you

rayfield whitemon in Garland, Texas

36 months ago

MsNisha in Dallas, Texas said: I know that feeling my ex calls me alot and I give him alot of job leads.I can name several companies that hire people with bad BACKGROUNDS. what type are you looking for at this point are you looking for ANY position or some thing more specific to what you use to do?

please send leads my way . i just got out 7/18/11. need help

reginahightower97@yahoo in Dallas, Texas

35 months ago

I am actively seeking employment I'm having a hard time finding employment I have a felony but its not on file yet and i have no court and then i have 3 other convictions but they are misdemeanors I haven't had any luck so far,one company even emailed me by background report its so difficult I have restaurant/food service skills and assembly line skills any suggestions????Please!!!

Stuck

35 months ago

go to 2ndchances4felons.com
she list lots of jobs on there that work with backgrounds and if there is nothing there...email her and she can do a personalized search for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

reginahightower97@yahoo in Dallas, Texas

35 months ago

Any more suggestions because that website isn't doing anything

Stuck

35 months ago

www.2ndchances4felons.com it make take a minute to load then click on chat/discussions which will take you to the area where you can click on your city to see what they are hiring for...she also has a contact number to call

Carla in North Richland Hills, Texas

34 months ago

try dwfworkathome.com

good luck to everyone with your job search. I dont understand how anyone expects people to make a change when they blacklist them for the entirety of their life for one mistake.

check out the website, and leave your contact information on there for more information

Paul

34 months ago

Need a job have pending charges applying everywhere have retail, warehouse, local government,and teaching experience. Please help parmstron3@yahoo.com

threegirls in Fort Worth, Texas

34 months ago

Well where do you work?

Marilyn in Irving, Texas

33 months ago

MsNisha in Dallas, Texas said: hello, Eric I want to know what do you need help with TELL ME what it is Ihelp people for a living. WHATEVER YOU are going through I CAN HELP ANYONE that REALLY NEED HELP IN ANY SITUATION !!!!!!!!!!!!

HI MS NISHA, MY SON JUST GOT OUT OF TDC ON A 2 YEAR SENTENCE FOR SOMETHING HE DIDN'T DO. HE'S BEEN TRYING TO LOOK FOR A JOB BUT HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND ONE. NO ONE WILL GIVE HIM A CHANCE. HOW CAN HE CONTACT YOU? DO YOU HAVE A PHONE. YOU CAN EMAIL ME AND I CAN GIVE YOU HIS INFO. MY NAME IS MARILYN.

Lyn in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

Ever since 9/11 occured, a majority of employers do a FBI background check. Some employers want the charges to be past 7 to 10 years, some don't accept any felonies & others don't care. Sometimes it is left up to the hiring manager. If he/she has to choose between a felon and a non felon, of course they will choose the non felon. I am a felon also, as well as I have a misdemeanor. After going to jail for my felony, I immediately enrolled myself in college and got my bachelors degree. Jobs will hire felons, but they want to see improvement. They want to see that your life has changed. Of course, I still have a little bit of a hard time seeking employment, however that bachelors degree helps.

Here are some other tips that help: don't lie on the application, admit your past mistake to the employer & let them know you have changed.

If you have a bachelors degree, you can always become a substitute teacher, as long as you don't have any previous charges on a minor (children). Also, if you have customer service experience, Horace Mann Insurance in Irving, TX will hire you and they pay really good. If you have collections experience, JP Morgan Chase Bank & your credit doesn't matter. I know of other companies that hire felonies, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I will update it later.

Lyn in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

Jobs that will hire felons: Auto Zone, Walmart, Allstate Insurance, Nationwide Recovery Systems (Carrollton, TX), PFS Web (Plano, TX), AT&T, Time Warner Cable, Cunningham & Moore (Dallas, TX)

valgean in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

need a job any ideas

MBJ in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

MsNisha in Dallas, Texas said: well there are a lot of companies that believe in giving second chances. well if it causes you to relocate to a new area/location would you move,or not. that is something I would need to know I help people find Just Over Broke (J.O.B)

What type of programming do you all have and do you know of positions availble to non violent federal felons with college degrees?

zay in Garland, Texas

33 months ago

MsNisha in Dallas, Texas said: I know that feeling my ex calls me alot and I give him alot of job leads.I can name several companies that hire people with bad BACKGROUNDS. what type are you looking for at this point are you looking for ANY position or some thing more specific to what you use to do?

What are the companies

Lorie Borchardt in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

right now I am going to college and i am more focused on adminstration but i will take just about anything. I also have my partner who has a record and she is looking also for work, she has a plumbers license but what ever lead you have would be great

Dontgiveup!!!!! in Lewisville, Texas

33 months ago

To all the felons out there who are in need of a job, do what I did and contact Burnett Staffing! I have 2 felonies on my record and they were able to help me. Call them immediately and set up an appointment. Make sure you ask for Monica because she is the one who helped me. Once there be honest about your convictions so they know and they will find you jobs that you wont be disqualified from. Not only was Monica able to find me a job she was able to find me a career in a field that I wanted to work in!!! Call her and fingers crossed she will be able to help you too, good luck everybody!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

some dude in Keller, Texas

33 months ago

I could use some help with robberies and methampetamine manufacturing, thats THE ONLY WORK YOU'RE GONNA GET!! I have F's from 8 yrs ago and i cant even get a job cleaning up after people or shoveling poop behind a parade elephant

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Really??? in Garland, Texas

33 months ago

Because your whole outlook stinks......that is why you "can't" get hired. Get off the pity parade route and put forth the effort. There are jobs out there for felons. You have to PROVE yourself worthy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ellen in Richardson, Texas

32 months ago

McNisha, could you please contact me? I need help with my son who is seeking work desparately! Hard worker, kind, appreciative, with a wonderful dispositon, made mistakes in past but have learned. Drug free, hard worker. Experience in cabinet making, auto detailing, painting, some constuction experience. He is wiling to relocate. Currently in NC, would like to relocate to Dallas area, but will take work wherever he can find it! Thanks for your time!

Sincerly,
El

ellen in Richardson, Texas

32 months ago

Stiff Cliff in Dallas, Texas said: The best sound & financial proof advice I can give him is create a home based business or something to the nature he's his own boss. He can become a freight broker or agent & work from home he'll need a fax machine, internet computer, & a phone preferably a land line for office calls. These people make good money with the right training he can too. The only thing he has too want it for himself because it's a lot of cold calling at first, but after he gets 3 or 4 customers he can make $1,000 or a day from home. If interested you can send me your or his email & I'll forward him the training course info God bless ya'll & everyone else reading this blog. And for whoever put that bogus info up about they can help any felon should take that down. I went on those sites to see what it do & discovered all it there was is links leading to other sites to companies that say they hire felons when they really don't & I know this for a fact. I drive trucks & the companies don't hire felons unless it's 7 to 10 years old so how are you helping a felon you're only sending them to a door thats bolted down shut tight.But, then to some people get gratification out of misleading others plus every time you click those links off their site to view a so called job the only one getting paid is them.Which is surprising why he/she didn't mention that you can make money off GOOGLE ADS that's what they're doing & you can have felony's from here to Bangkok. So don't believe everything you read. Whoever, started this fiasco should be ashamed claiming to be a felon hero that have the key's for felons to obtain a successful job wow what other super powers does Ms. Whoever posses.

Hello SC, could you please send the info for my son? Thanks a bunch and God bless! He is currently running his own mobile detailing service but the weather doesnt always agree, so he has many days of no income. Hardworking, honest, and drug free young man. Thanks again!

wil in Dallas, Texas

32 months ago

Hey it sound GREAT send me this info. and Thanks !

Aguero_Ana in Dallas, Texas

32 months ago

I have a theft charge and cant fnd anyone that will hire me also an aggraveted fam violence charge w bodily injury pending. My court was reset by my lawyer. Its been hell findng work in the lne of work that I do. I doo clerical,data entry and customer service. IDK what to do. Do you know of a place that I can apply and they might give me a chance????

Mac in Irving, Texas

31 months ago

It is hard out here for felonies. I am on deferred probation and my theft charge from 2007 still show up. Lawyer lied to me and said I could get a job because I was not convicted but it was my fault for not researching and finding out jobs can still see the charges. My advice and what has been working for me is to take the matter into your own hands. Be your own boss. I have and still learning new skills. I have learned how to blog and advertise online for money (affiliate marketing) and also I have started a home based business with a international known company. The affiliate marketing I am learning and making more each month. Not a lot of money but making enough to at least pay the light bill and put some food on the table. The home based business is growing also making twice as much as the affiliate marketing but there was a start up cost which was a risk to put up but I am glad it paid off.

5XCONVICTED in Mesquite, Texas

30 months ago

Best advice is; when you come to that little box where it says convictions, put WILL EXPLAIN IN DETAIL AT INTERVIEW. That builds curiosity. If given that interview YOU have to go in and sell yourself. Be honest and stay in the here and now. Tell them what you are doing today about the problem and the solution you are in. The past is the past. I am 5X convicted for drugs and I can still find work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

victor

30 months ago

MsNisha in Dallas, Texas said: hello, Eric I want to know what do you need help with TELL ME what it is Ihelp people for a living. WHATEVER YOU are going through I CAN HELP ANYONE that REALLY NEED HELP IN ANY SITUATION !!!!!!!!!!!!

Iam in very desperate need of a job help anything.Iam a convicted felon who is staying clean i cant find a job it seems like everywhere. I have no kids. Iam currently living in a house where i have fallen behind on rent and pretty much waiting on an eviction notice. i have no income what so ever i have 3 dogs that are like my kids and iam feeling very low. whoever you are if you think you can help me by all means contact me at voce214@gmail.com. iam willing to do whatever it takes to get me out this stressfull situation. thank you and God bless.

Dealbri0 in Mesquite, Texas

30 months ago

MsNisha, I need your help. I have a felony that comes up on my background but I was not even convicted. But no company will give me a chance. I was arrested for fraudulant possesion of a controlled substance. In reality I was in a car accident, broke my back and was seeing and receiving medication and treatment from more than one doctor at the same time. I was given 10 years probation. But I desperately need a job. I live in the Mesquite, Tx area. I have over 20 years experience in the clerical field. Customer service, Data entry, Billing Clerk, Underwriting assistant.You name it I have done it in an office. Can you help me please? My email is dealbri0@yahoo.com Thanks so much for your help.

Dealbri0 in Mesquite, Texas

30 months ago

Dontgiveup!!!!! in Lewisville, Texas said: To all the felons out there who are in need of a job, do what I did and contact Burnett Staffing! I have 2 felonies on my record and they were able to help me. Call them immediately and set up an appointment. Make sure you ask for Monica because she is the one who helped me. Once there be honest about your convictions so they know and they will find you jobs that you wont be disqualified from. Not only was Monica able to find me a job she was able to find me a career in a field that I wanted to work in!!! Call her and fingers crossed she will be able to help you too, good luck everybody!!!

Okay sounds great. Which Burnestts Staffing? There are lots. I live in Mesquite TX. But I want to call the one you are talking about and speak to the lady you are talking about. Please give me the location and number. I apreciate it.

justme in Plano, Texas

30 months ago

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being" - Carl Gustav Jung.

A close look at the given quote will say a lot when talking about employers that hire felons. Society lives off inhibitions. It also dwells on judging others! If it weren't so, there would be a lot more places and jobs that hire convicted felons. If only humanity were more common... Coming back to inhibitions, it seems fair and logical to have a few apprehensions. I mean, it is only human... But what about the fact that someone is willing to try, and is doing everything possible to now live a dignified life. In a case like that, it is only fair to see more jobs for convicted felons. Let's now get on with companies that are willing to hire felons.

Compaq
One of the many companies that offers jobs for ex felons, the name Compaq is no stranger to us. An American company founded in 1982, Compaq is one of the more prominent companies when it comes to personal computers, and is also one that provides job opportunities to ex-felons.

Dell
An information technology company from Texas, Dell is one more name from the IT industry that provides felons with job opportunities. A company with over 100,000 employees worldwide, they offer jobs to ex-convicts too, thus, making it one of the few that offer jobs to felons.

The New York Times
Published in New York since 1951, this American daily is yet another respectable place that offers jobs to felons. If you have the flair for a newspaper job, this daily is well worth a shot. This newspaper even has a notable presence on the net, thus creating larger opportunities for anyone who has what it takes to be there.

Sony
Who doesn't know the name Sony Corporation? Imagine getting a chance for a fresh start at a noteworthy company like this. What could be more satisfying than a job opportunity at a company so fine... One of the biggest names in electronics, amongst many other things, Sony d

justme in Plano, Texas

30 months ago

Other companies that make it to this list are:
•Casio
•Hanes
•Dow Jones & Company
•Brunswick Corp
•Blue Cross / Blue Shield
•Baskin Robbins
•L.A. Times
•PepsiCo
•Motorola
•American Express
IBM
•Hilton Hotels
•AT&T
•Calvin Klein
•U.S. Cellular
•Target Stores
Kraft Foods
•Frito-Lay
•Dr Pepper / 7 Up
•Bridgestone
•Duracell
•Epson
•American Airlines
•McDonalds
•Old Republic
•Dunlop Tires
•Domino's Pizza
•Dunkin' Donuts
•Campbell Soups
•Toys R Us
•Fruit of the Loom
•Verizon
•Shell Oil
•Hewitt Associates
•Xerox
This was just a small list of some places to consider, but apart from these, there are umpteen other companies that hire felons. Working with a positive attitude is what matters the most at times like such. Do that, and there's nothing that can get in your way!

justme in Plano, Texas

30 months ago

Other companies that make it to this list are:
•Casio
•Hanes
•Dow Jones & Company
•Brunswick Corp
•Blue Cross / Blue Shield
•Baskin Robbins
•L.A. Times
•PepsiCo
•Motorola
•American Express
IBM
•Hilton Hotels
•AT&T
•Calvin Klein
•U.S. Cellular
•Target Stores
Kraft Foods
•Frito-Lay
•Dr Pepper / 7 Up
•Bridgestone
•Duracell
•Epson
•American Airlines
•McDonalds
•Old Republic
•Dunlop Tires
•Domino's Pizza
•Dunkin' Donuts
•Campbell Soups
•Toys R Us
•Fruit of the Loom
•Verizon
•Shell Oil
•Hewitt Associates
•Xerox
This was just a small list of some places to consider, but apart from these, there are umpteen other companies that hire felons. Working with a positive attitude is what matters the most at times like such. Do that, and there's nothing that can get in your way!

BS in Garland, Texas

29 months ago

There ARE jobs that hire felons.....granted they are not high paying at 1st, but you can get hired on and work your way up.

Dontgiveup!!!!! in Lewisville, Texas

29 months ago

Dealbri0 in Mesquite, Texas said: Okay sounds great. Which Burnestts Staffing? There are lots. I live in Mesquite TX. But I want to call the one you are talking about and speak to the lady you are talking about. Please give me the location and number. I apreciate it.

The Irving location, her name is Monica!

Al Dallas Texas in Middletown, Connecticut

29 months ago

Please be aware that Lobo Tortilla Factory also known as Landes Food in Dallas Texas 75235 hires ex felons..

God bless you !!

Al in Grand Prairie, Texas

29 months ago

Hello SC,

I'm currently working and making a decent living with a charge of a felony but no conviction. My employer knows my situation and I think they've taken advantage of it and I've just had to bite my tongue for the sake of my family. I was waiting to hit the 10- year mark to make a move to another company but just when I thought I was in the clear, I got charged with a DWI that is still pending. I'm now over the 10-year mark but I have to wait for the outcome of my case. It's not something that I let define me because there's no hurdles for me only opportunities. Whether I have a background or not, the thought of working from home and working towards starting my own business someday is a great opportunity. If you can forward me the training info I’d really appreciate it. Also if there’s anyone out there that will help me get started, please contact me @ amsic75@gmail.com.

Elgin Fields of Dallas,Texas

28 months ago

I'm really in need of HELP..I want to work..WILL Start from bottom work my way to the top..Willing to take any pay..I gotta find work to survive I believe in God I won't go backwards.CAN I GET HELP PLS..E.Fields of Dallas,Texas.I have tranportation will travel if I have too..ANY HELP OUT THERE..

Sykes of Dallas,Texas

28 months ago

To McNisha in Dallas Texas: Hi my name Toy my husband really needs help finding work. He keeps his head up after being turned down soo much.if you have any leads or referece of employers helping felons it would be a blessing..

ppdntn in Denton, Texas

28 months ago

Texas is the world's largest insane asylum. Get out of Texas. In this state the prison system is a business. It may be other places as well, but Texas takes the cake! I know of no other state that drags up a DWI's past 10 years, and uses them to ruin someones life. Maybe a few other states have started this inanity recently but I haven't heard of any. Most states will only charge someone with a felony DWI if there are three within 10 years. Are the highways in Texas safer than elsewhere? The answer is no. 85% of fatal automobile collisions in Texas are caused by people who are legally sober. 60% of fatal collisions are caused by people who have had no alcohol at all. BY FAR most DWI arrests involve no major or minor driver caused damage or injury to anyone. I was hit from behind and severely injured by a man who fell asleep while driving. I could have been killed. I was just as injured by this man as I would have been by an intoxicated driver, yet he NEVER EVEN GOT A TICKET. Had he killed me I would be just as dead. Since then (1973) I have never been involve in another automobile collision anywhere in the United States. Yet my good driving record
is not kept for 20 years and more, like my "criminal history". The State can keep records for my bad things, why not my good things!
One of the definitions of insanity is when a person(s) or an entity continues to do the same stupid things, over and over, and then expects different results than has already occurred, over and over again. This is Texas' DWI law in practice. The people here are extremely self-rightious and judgmental even though many, many, many, of them are corrupt themselves. I'm leaving as soon as I'm off parole. I am most certainly researching demographics and popular attitudes of the areas I plan to move to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ppdntn in Denton, Texas

28 months ago

Texas is the world's largest insane asylum. Get out of Texas. In this state the prison system is a business. It may be other places as well, but Texas takes the cake! I know of no other state that drags up DWI's past 10 years, and uses them to ruin someone's life. Maybe a few other states have started this inanity recently but I haven't heard of any. Most states will only charge someone with a felony DWI if there are three within 10 years. Are the highways in Texas safer than elsewhere? The answer is no. 85% of fatal automobile collisions in Texas are caused by people who are legally sober. 60% of fatal collisions are caused by people who have had no alcohol at all. BY FAR most DWI arrests involve no major or minor driver caused damage or injury to anyone. I was hit from behind and severely injured by a man who fell asleep while driving. I could have been killed. I was just as injured by this man as I would have been by an intoxicated driver, yet he NEVER EVEN GOT A TICKET. Had he killed me I would be just as dead. Since then (1973) I have never been involve in another automobile collision anywhere in the United States. Yet my good driving record
is not kept for 20 years and more, like my "criminal history". The State can keep records for my bad things, why not my good things!
One of the definitions of insanity is when a person(s) or an entity continues to do the same stupid things, over and over, and then expects different results than has already occurred, over and over again. This is Texas' DWI law in practice. The people here are extremely self-rightious and judgmental even though many, many, many, of them are corrupt themselves. I'm leaving as soon as I'm off parole. I am most certainly researching demographics and popular attitudes of the areas I plan to move to.

DWI Victim in Garland, Texas

28 months ago

You are waaaaay off base here with the DWI's. Drunk drivers do not have hardly enough punishment as far as I am concerned.
My son's boyhood friends and college roommates were killed by a drunk driver 2 years ago this coming EASTER SUNDAY. They were on their way home from South By Southwest in Austin headed to Houston @ 2am Easter Sunday morning. One had just turned 21 and the other boy was 19. Neither of them had been drinking. Yet they were plowed down by a drunk driver who was going the wrong way on their side of the highway. The driver was only injured but the boys didn't even have a chance & were killed.
The jackass driver posted on Facebook "I guess I gotta get a new car". He was driving a BMW.
His well paid lawyers got him a deal where he didn't even go in front of a judge until almost a year later and he only got 10yrs.
He stole these boys from a community that is still dealing with their loss and he had the audacity to joke about needing another car. His license was not even taken away or suspended.
Drunk Drivers and Drivers under any influence should have much harder sentences than the ones that are currently in place. They should be charged with a 1st degree felony if they kill someone while driving under the influence and at the very least never be allowed to operate a vehicle ever again.
Believe that I have been writing letter after letter to the parole board on his behalf to try to make sure this lowlife does NOT get any credit for good behavior or time served.
No - TEXAS is not strict enough on Drunk Drivers. They make a choice to drink, drive and in this case - KILL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.