Job search in Danbury?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Danbury?

Reply - Report abuse

Sunyiyi in Korea, Republic of

86 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Danbury?

My contract will be finished at January 10th. I have my original diploma and sealed transcript of academic records.
I can take everything if you need from me. I didn't applied for an apostilled criminal background check. Do I need to do it now??? Sorry, I'm not really know about it. I'm a chinese and I will go back China spend my holiday soon. If you want more information from me let me know!,Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lynn Ferrara in New Milford, Connecticut

74 months ago

I am interested to either organize or find a job club in the areas of Bethel/Newtown/Danbury/New Milford.

I found a church that will help us in New Milford. Pls contact me - cosmoladysmsg@yahoo.com - name of people that have an interest. Thanks, Lynn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tachometers02@aol.com in River Edge, New Jersey

72 months ago

E-mail me tachometers02@aol.com. 39/m/ny/5'6/single

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dlpisa in Stamford, Connecticut

72 months ago

I would try Advantage on their website is hirethinking.com, fill out an application online and then a recruiter will call within 24 hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rick2009 in Monroe, Connecticut

62 months ago

Lynn Ferrara in New Milford, Connecticut said: I am interested to either organize or find a job club in the areas of Bethel/Newtown/Danbury/New Milford.

I found a church that will help us in New Milford. Pls contact me - cosmoladysmsg@yahoo.com - name of people that have an interest. Thanks, Lynn

Lynn, Were you successful in finding or starting a job club? - Richard L

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cosmoladysmsg@yahoo.com in Danbury, Connecticut

62 months ago

Richard, I was very surprised to see you in Newtown.

Life has been real tough here in CT. I had a good job with a doctor and that was indefinite - he reorganized. I have been going around in circles.

I found a church in New Milford. Did not find anyone interested to get involved with SUPPORT MEETINGS. If this answers your question. Best of Luck to you in Fairfield. Lynn

DLAN1122 in Danbury, Connecticut

57 months ago

cosmoladysmsg@yahoo.com in Danbury, Connecticut said: Richard, I was very surprised to see you in Newtown.

Life has been real tough here in CT. I had a good job with a doctor and that was indefinite - he reorganized. I have been going around in circles.

I found a church in New Milford. Did not find anyone interested to get involved with SUPPORT MEETINGS. If this answers your question. Best of Luck to you in Fairfield. Lynn

Are there any other groups out there besides New Milford. I live in Danbury and I would like something a little bit closer.

DougMayhew@hotmail.com in Danbury, Connecticut

55 months ago

Lynn did you try the job seekers meetings at dept of Labor? If in dire financial straites as I have been(UNEMPLOYED SINCE 07/2008 +
wife died last July) Try the services of 211. I was fortunate in that I qualified for Bureau of Rehab Services and I have a Job coach but still only 5 interviews and no job.Scary thing is unemployment runs out in 7 WEEKS!!!!

DLAN1122 in Danbury, Connecticut

54 months ago

DougMayhew@hotmail.com in Danbury, Connecticut said: Lynn did you try the job seekers meetings at dept of Labor? If in dire financial straites as I have been(UNEMPLOYED SINCE 07/2008 +
wife died last July) Try the services of 211. I was fortunate in that I qualified for Bureau of Rehab Services and I have a Job coach but still only 5 interviews and no job.Scary thing is unemployment runs out in 7 WEEKS!!!!

Doug,

I believe you will have an extension on your benefits. Check with the labor board. If you have been to the networking meetings at the labor board, are they beneficial? I am looking for general office work and I'm just curious as to who really attends these meetings.

Dougmayhew in Danbury, Connecticut

54 months ago

DLAN1122 in Danbury, Connecticut said: Doug,

I believe you will have an extension on your benefits. Check with the labor board. If you have been to the networking meetings at the labor board, are they beneficial? I am looking for general office work and I'm just curious as to who really attends these meetings.

Extensions have been exhausted 99 week max limit was not extended by our beloved BIGGEST MISTAKE THIS COUNTRY HAS EVER MADE Presidente Try Indeed.com also my social worker says lately some have been getting jobs off Craig's List of all places! Also, Adecco temp to perm jobs and FairfieldCountyHelpWanted.com.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.