Anyone had any luck landing a job from out of state?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

kcleveland in Rockville, Maryland

43 months ago

I was wondering if anyone had any advice about trying to land a job in Denver from out state? I am currently in Maryland looking to move to the Denver area and having an extremely hard time finding a job, just curious if anyone out there had any advice. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JATL in Atlanta, Georgia

42 months ago

Have you had any luck on the job search yet? I live in Atlanta and we are looking to relocate to Denver as well. My husband has applied for jobs there, but no luck yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Radiah Nunez in New York, New York

39 months ago

I live in NYC, and am having the same issues

39 months ago

Wow, Thank you:>)
Do you think this will change in a year's time?

39 months ago

Thank you for the reply:>)

Jared in Denver, Colorado

38 months ago

I moved out to Denver from Nebraska. I almost want to move back, there's listings for jobs, but nothing ever comes through.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

How long have you been in Denver??

DRod in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

I can relate to all of you, the Industry in Colorado is really competitive and there seems to be a job shortage.

One advice I have is contact recruiters from agencies in the local area of Colorado and apply to the Colorado workforce. I know it can be fustrating I started my hunt 2 to 3 months ago. I plan to relocate to the area too and it's been tough. People don't give up. Good luck my friends.

katie in Denver, Colorado

33 months ago

I originally posted this about a year ago and actually got a job in graphic design only ever got one response back and it work...ended up in frisco Colorado which US an even,smaller job market.. persistence is what got me here today and I couldn't be happier...if you don't give up you will get there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DRod in Dallas, Texas

33 months ago

Katie - I'm happy for you, and you're right "persistence", will be the one thing that will get you where you want to go.

ester in Denver, Colorado

27 months ago

i have a job but it is not even enough to pay the rent.This state really bites on jobs you see them then when you apply you never hear from them.

fivetwo in Glassboro, New Jersey

27 months ago

I have been sending out resumes to positions in the Ft. lauderdale area for the past 3 years. I have flown down there for interview, had phone interview with another, flown out there for testing, and nothing. Because this is my DREAM I'm going to keep on trying! Good Luck to everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.