Best Staffing Agency In Denver

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 60)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Mesay M Gebreyes in Seattle, Washington

75 months ago

I am moving to Colorado (Denver) very soon, so I would like to find a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (92) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

GIS in Denver, Colorado

66 months ago

Sherrylynn58 in Denver, Colorado said: Robert Half and Accountemps did nothing for me either. I registered with them over a year ago and have called and called. They just keep telling me they have nothing available that fits me at this time. Yeah right. I'm with you about their posted jobs. I haven't been "right" for any of them according to Accountemps.

I agree. I initially registered with them prior to moving to Colorado. The only sane person I dealt with there, left. I then interviewed with 1 person there. They did zip. I got a job on my own for a while. Later, when I posted my resume on Monster, that SAME person contacted me, not realizing that I was registered with them. I had to tell her!!They've done nothing for me, and I really wonder if they know what they're doing. I ignore their listings. Others I've spoken with pretty much say the same thing, especially about their "supposed" listings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No Reply - Report abuse

runelady in Denver, Colorado

64 months ago

I still haven't found any agencies in Denver or Fort Collins that seem to give a crap. I'll take suggestions! Looking to move back to Fort Collins.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Denver, Colorado

63 months ago

runelady in Denver, Colorado said: I still haven't found any agencies in Denver or Fort Collins that seem to give a crap. I'll take suggestions! Looking to move back to Fort Collins.

I agree. Without perhaps one exception, I never hear again from a recruiter after I send them a resume. When I call back to check where I stand with that job, the recruiter is always in a meeting and I am sent to voice mail. Companies are willing to pay recruiters because recruiters they will do the discrimination (particularly age) that employers want but are afraid to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lynng83

59 months ago

Trish in Arvada in Denver, Colorado said: Robert Half International and its subdivision, Accountemps, don't do a thing for you and I can't recommend either of them from personal experience. I'm highly qualified for many of the jobs they advertise as being theirs to hire for. I've been registered with them for 8 months and they've not done a darn thing for me. I don't believe the jobs they post are actually there.

I also have never had any luck with that company, just a lot of wasted time, gas and parking money. Three times over 4 years I went back in to update paperwork and retake tests, ect and not once since I registered with them in 2004 have I ever heard from them. I quit calling. They are a waste of time, energy and money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lynng83

59 months ago

Daniel Dezenzio in Denver, Colorado said: Whatever you do, don't go to Joblink. They will take your money and leave you with nothing but a number to call that is only available from 7:00am to 7:00pm, and you can only get two job listings a day for some reason, not that they do any good because half the time you can't understand the machine and even if you can, they all seem to be dead ends. When I tried to get my money refunded the lady was incredibly rude and patronizing. Biggest scam ever.

I also went through the same thing with them. I did get lucky and get a job for about 3 months way in Centennial, which took over an hour to get to from Denver. The chick that is in the office is very nice when she takes your money, but any problems she is a b..... It took a month and a half to get jobs I was actually qualified for. They were giving me two jobs a day that had nothing to do with the jobs I applied for. Most of the jobs they have you can get off the internet or out of the paper. WASTE OF YOUR MONEY!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Doug123 in Marietta, Georgia

59 months ago

I have found COMSYS located in Denver to be the best to work with. They not only helped me find gigs in Denver, but also had openings in Boulder too.

The recruiter was excellent and continues to give me detailed feedback on my resume and quick feedback after she submits my resume.

I have worked with a lot of recruiters in the past, COMSYS so far is the best!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

yatzel in Escondido, California

58 months ago

hopefully everything will work out in colorado. Was thinking of going to colorado for employment it's dead in california.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

disgusted with them in Denver, Colorado

57 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Employment is not that swell here, either, though Colorado unemployment, at 6.6%, is less than Cal's 12.3%.

Good luck with your job search, whether here or Cal.

I have worked with two of the agencies here in Denver Apple One and Kelly Services and neither them is worth a darn. They do not care about anything and I do not believe their postings are real. They say to call them and when you do you cannot talk to anyone because they are sooooo busy. Apple One called me twice saying they had the perfect job I would be perfect for it then never heard back from them. I definetly do not recommend Apple One they are really full of it. Kelly Services is even worse they report you to the unemployment agency if it soesn't work out for them and they are mean too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

sscott in Mission Viejo, California

56 months ago

I agree with all the posters, especially those who commented on RHI. You can add Ajilon Finance to that list. Does anyone know of a good, accounting recruiting firm in the Denver area? I know that recruiters are about as reliable as used car salesman, but it's worth a try. I can't wait until the economy improves and the recruiters start salivating over applicants again. They'll get their due.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ITResume in Round Lake, Illinois

56 months ago

Part of the blame and the reason that you think these staffing companies suck is really due to the end clients.

Most large corporations have implemented vendor management over the past decade, so they only want to work with "cheap" agencies. Companies have commoditized the labor pool so much, in addition to major, major oursourcing of jobs that they really just don't care about hiring quality people any more.

The clients basically have no sense of urgency, because they've been brianwashed by "vendor management" or "procurement" that they should only pay "X" for a contractor and they must only use the "approved" vendors. Hiring Managers have also been told that "relationships" with a vendor are bad and that only procurement should handle the relationship with the vendor. I know of one client that allows absolutely no contact, whatsoever, between a vendor and a hiring Manager...It's a pure web driven process where the client sends job requirements to the agencies and the agencies throw resumes back over the wall to the client.

The process of hiring a contractor has become so drawn out that, in many cases, the hiring Managers just go to IBM or an Infosys, just to get the job done. It's not worth their time to spend a month inteviewing a dozen contractors for one 3 month gig.

So, most of the good people, like me, have left the big agencies and, they've hired very junior people to replace us. The junior people are not into relationships, just internet recruiting.

The whole industry has become a big cluster...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No Reply - Report abuse

LBHatfield in Broomfield, Colorado

55 months ago

I've been registered with AppleOne (a couple of times over the past several years)... I've been into their offices in person, did all the tests, etc... and they have sent me on ONE interview during all that time. My contact person is very nice, but when I email her of a job that I found on the AppleOne site, I never hear back from her.
Does anyone have comments about NES STAFFING or BOLDER STAFFING (for jobs in the Denver/Arvada/Westminster/Broomfield area) ?
p.s. I agree with "Bob in Denver" comments: i.e. companies are willing to pay recruiters to do the discrimination (particularly age) that the employers are afraid to do" ... Bob, you are 100% right !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

rajncajn in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

TexMex in Denver, Colorado said: Hey all I'am also having trouble here In Denver. My family and I
have moved from Texas.Fresh new start but not looking so good i signed up with prime source. People there are ok i guess except for one i came across with and she is a total B**** my experience is warehousing and they have landed me a gig for like 3 weeks which
sucks because i have to support my family in a new place and its hard. They have got me doing another job which is sales and i have no experience in that so i'm sure its not going to last long either.
So my question to all is what temp place is the best?

Have you had any further luck? I'm considering relocating in June and was wondering how the market is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Computer guy in Wake Forest, North Carolina

55 months ago

COMSYS is the best I have seen so far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

girl in broomfield, denver in Denver, Colorado

54 months ago

exprees profetionals they good i found i grate job throu them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (60) Reply - Report abuse

Izzy in Englewood, Colorado

51 months ago

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Randstad. I have went through them 2x to find employment and they were extremely helpful and amazing! The staff was friendly and professional and both times I was given positions in less than 2 weeks. the web address is www.randstad.com Although I would suggest to just call and talk to someone though as you will get a faster result. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Ean Lucero in Arvada, Colorado

49 months ago

I would like to know if there is any more reviews about joblink.I'm getting desperate for a job,but I don't want to give my last $ to a scam.Please I would like to hear more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

If they are asking for money to find you a job... it's a scam.

Typically employers pay head-hunting services to find them an employee. Not the other way around

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Ean Lucero in Arvada, Colorado said: I would like to know if there is any more reviews about joblink.I'm getting desperate for a job,but I don't want to give my last $ to a scam.Please I would like to hear more.

If they are asking for money to find you a job... it's a scam.

Typically employers pay head-hunting services to find them an employee. Not the other way around

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

wendylynae777 in Denver, Colorado

49 months ago

DO NOT PAY FOR THIS SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they prey on the desperate! We signed up 6 weeks ago and have yet to receive the service they put in their own contract that they willingly admit they don't offer and expect us to wait an ADDITIONAL 2 WEEKS before we have access to the tools they said they would provide and had the gall to tell me in a round about manner that I was responsible for not being hired anywhere! They refuse to give us a refund in whole or pro-rated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ronald303 in Denver, Colorado

48 months ago

Even though i'm older i'm still in need of a job. Where can you suggest a an agency that will employ me without the age thing!!!!1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

arowell04 in Humble, Texas

48 months ago

my wife is looking to tranfer to lifetime that will open in december in sent. CO i am looking for a a good staffing agency i am in the chemical plant field but i see there aren't many in denver

susanelps in Broomfield, Colorado

45 months ago

Ranstad, or Ajilon Professional is another. I got an assignment the same day I went in to do paperwork.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nyxalinth in Denver, Colorado

45 months ago

Here's been my experience with agencies here:

There were openings until I showed up, then suddenly nothing, despite the tons of listings in the ads or on their sites. (Apple One--Denver)

The job goes from immediate hire when discussed on the phone to 'We have to pass your resume on to the employer and they'll decide if they want you or not' in person. I suspect my resume got passed on to the trashcan after I left. (Careers USA-Denver)

I am misinformed over the phone about it being an immediate hire and I start on (date) and when I get to the job site they're actually just doing interviews or working interviews. (Ameristaff--Denver)

The whole thing is one big runaround of rigmarole of phone tag, 'We'll be calling to tell you the start date in a few days' then no call (Randstad --Denver and fort Lauderdale, Atrium--Fort Lauderdale), sending me to job sites who have no clue who I am or why I'm there (this happened with Office Team here in Denver once), 'We'll call you to let you know either way if the client will interview you/call us and check' then no one calls or returns my calls (Lakeshore Staffing--DTC Office in Denver)

Bait and Switch. "We have this great job paying 14.00 an hour right downtown/other area easily reachable by bus come down and see us' then when I get there it becomes 'Ooops teehee, position filled five seconds before your interview, but here's this POS job paying 9.00 an hour all the way out in BFE!' (Primesource, grrr rage Primesource--Denver)

Most of the others just blow me off when I send in my resume, so I can't say for sure how much the other local agencies sux or not :P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

jpaddy1127 in Cookeville, Tennessee

44 months ago

I'm moving to Littleton in a month to attend Seminary, and I need a part time Accounts Payable job.

From the above posts it seems like Randstad, Comsys,and Ajilon are the best... as far as staffing agencies go. Does that sound about right?

Also, what are the best sites for Industrials Engineering jobs for my wife?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

StillLooking in Littleton, Colorado

44 months ago

I have also had no luck with AppleOne. When I relocated to Colorado 3 years ago, I signed up with them and got absolutely nothing. Fortunately, I found a job on my own. I'm now looking for a new job, and saw several listings on their website that I "applied" for. No response whatsoever. I finally received a call from a different office than the one I signed up at asking me to come in for preinterview for a position. They said my resume would be forwarded to their client and I would have to interview with them, too, but they already have other people set up for SECOND interviews at the company - they just didn't think they had found the right person yet. They never called me back, and when I finally got a hold of them, they said they hired one of the original candidates. I said I was interested in two other positions on their site and sent them the job numbers. I was told those jobs were posted in error and should have never been on the site, that they would be removed immediately - well, they did remove one, but the other one is still there. AppleOne is useless and a waste of time. I have no idea what they do for people. The only luck I've had is by applying directly to companies which means doing a lot of research to see who's hiring usually by going directly to company websites since many don't do traditional advertising.
Monster and Careerbuilder.com are a waste of time. No resume I've ever submitted on either of those sites has been "viewed", and I only get emails from them telling me I should "upgrade" which means pay $250 to have my resume moved to the top of the stack! Total crap!

Andrea in Aurora, Colorado

43 months ago

I moved here a month ago, applied for a job with Volt and actually heard from them!! Then the nightmare started. I had and in-person interview with Volt and a phone interview with the company that was using them as an agency. The job was supposed to start in January - so I was told by Volt. The recruiting manager at the company said the job would start in February but they would interview me in person mid-January. It's January 24th, I followed up with Volt and the hiring manager twice and heaven't heard from them!!! So I'm here waiting with my hopes up (still searching for a job actively) but neither one of them had the guts to call me and tell me it fell through or at least let me know that I would not be considered. I don't even know if the job really exists at this point. I'm very frustrated with the job market in Denver right now since nobody ever calls you. I have an MBA and 10 years of experience. I'm either under qualified or over qualified. What do you have to do to be able to make money in this city??? The only people who emailed me back are scammers who are looking for sales people and that would involve harassing all the contacts on my phone list.
So I started doing income taxes for people for a very small fee just to get in the market. Thank goodness I enjoy that type of work. Other than that, I'm looking and close to being desperate.

Good luck everyone and hope we get jobs soon!!! Any advice would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John E.S. in New York, New York

43 months ago

I'm getting ready to move to Denver in a few months. These experiences sound a lot like my experiences in NYC. I've learned to take interviews at an agency with a grain of salt, but I go on them anyway. I've interviewed at several dozen agencies, but only two or three ever get me anything. But those two or three get me a lot of work.
The most helpful advice that I can give is to be a little persistant with the companies that you had a good interview with (call frequently with your availability, updating your resume with them), never pay money for any of these services, and search on your own. Once an agency does use you, they will keep using you when possible.
Here in NYC I had good luck with Kelly Services is different.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

eric t in Model City, New York

42 months ago

If anyone could shed some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

I plan on moving into my college roommates apartment in Littleton from Buffalo NY. He moved there about a year ago and loves it. I have two B.A degrees in geology and environmental science. I also have one year experience as a landfill engineer. Finally, to my question.

With Colorado being one of the most "Green" friendly states, is there an agency which includes this niche? Or anything closely related. If not, any good alternate recommendations?

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cd in Aurora, Colorado

42 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Except for one agency I encountered, agencies are supposedly free to candidates. Employers, who are their clients, pay their fees.

They should not charge you since they are getting a hefty fee from the employer who will receive the employee that they find!!! I used to be a recruiter, although I was nowhere near as shady as the ones I have dealt with!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nyxalinth in Indianapolis, Indiana

42 months ago

I dunno why it says Indiana, I'm here in denver.

Yes, agencies do exist to recruit top talent etc. But since you are a recruiter, I'd like to ask a few questions:

1. Beuing not quite right for the position is what it is. Fair enough. But why do recruiters jerk people around and leave them hanging?

2. Why are ads posted for jobs that don't really exist?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

Great questions.

1. Not sure what you mean by Jerking people around?

I work for both my client's and my candidates. I am only as good as the people that I submit to my jobs. I always am critical and give feedback to qualified people who apply to my jobs.

The operative word is qualified. If the job states local candidates only, I do not call out of state candidates. If you don't meet the minimum requirements then I am probably not going to call you.

Furthermore, if you call me I ALWAYS call you back, not too mention my phone number is on most of my job postings or it would be very simple to get it.

I rarely get phone calls.

2. Sometimes jobs will be posted for jobs that don't exist but rarely.

The reason for this would be that a job is coming down the road. For example if a client mentioned that he will need 5 sustainable engineers moving into Q2, I might post a position now to get folks ready.

Other than that we don't post job that don't exist.

Keep in mind that I only recruit for IT positions. I can't speak for the rest of the recruiting world.

I will say that the company I recruit for is mentioned on this forum as one of the good guys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Nyxalinth in Denver, Colorado

42 months ago

Overall it's going very well, It's a good company to work for. Mind, the people I talk to on the phone make me wish I'd avoided another go-round in a call center at times, but it's usually a good place to work!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eric t in Buffalo, New York

42 months ago

If anyone could shed some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

I plan on moving into my college roommates apartment in Littleton from Buffalo NY. He moved there about a year ago and loves it. I have two B.A degrees in geology and environmental science. I also have one year experience as a landfill engineer. Finally, to my question.

With Colorado being one of the most "Green" friendly states, is there an agency which includes this niche? Or anything closely related. If not, any good alternate recommendations?

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

you got it in Denver, Colorado

41 months ago

Hit this guy up he can help.

www.technicalintegrity.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

eric t in Buffalo, New York

41 months ago

@ you got it, thank you very much

Searching in Denver, Colorado

41 months ago

Thanks for the tip about Apple One not being effective here in Denver. For any of you willing to go to Northern Colorado, I highly recommend those Apple One placement offices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LBH in Broomfield, Colorado

38 months ago

Good luck to you. I, too, have been looking for an Admin/Clerical/DataEntry type job for the last 9 months. You will find, very quickly, that the staffing agencies are not much help. I am registered with several of them and have had had two interviews in the last 9 months (and, yes, I have the experience and computer skills). Most staffing agency recruiters wont bother to answer your emails or return your phone calls. If someone has had better luck with one, I'd sure like to hear which one it was. All you have to do is read the pages and pages of this forum... and you'll see that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Me in Arvada, Colorado

37 months ago

I moved from Colorado 10 years ago because the market was so bad, my wife needed to see her parents so we moved back 5 years ago. Job market is worse then when we left. BSD place to get a new start or relocate. Just FYI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nyxalinth in Denver, Colorado

36 months ago

Recruiter in Dallas, Texas said: Great questions.

1. Not sure what you mean by Jerking people around?

QUOTE]

sorry for the long delay in replying. By jerking people around, I mean the following (copied and pasted from an earlier post):

There were openings until I showed up, then suddenly nothing, despite the tons of listings in the ads or on their sites. (Apple One--Denver)

The job goes from immediate hire when discussed on the phone to 'We have to pass your resume on to the employer and they'll decide if they want you or not' in person. I suspect my resume got passed on to the trashcan after I left. (Careers USA-Denver)

I am misinformed over the phone about it being an immediate hire and I start on (date) and when I get to the job site they're actually just doing interviews or working interviews. (Ameristaff--Denver)

The whole thing is one big runaround of rigmarole of phone tag, 'We'll be calling to tell you the start date in a few days' then no call (Randstad --Denver and fort Lauderdale, Atrium--Fort Lauderdale), sending me to job sites who have no clue who I am or why I'm there (this happened with Office Team here in Denver once), 'We'll call you to let you know either way if the client will interview you/call us and check' then no one calls or returns my calls (Lakeshore Staffing--DTC Office in Denver)

Bait and Switch. "We have this great job paying 14.00 an hour right downtown/other area easily reachable by bus come down and see us' then when I get there it becomes 'Ooops teehee, position filled five seconds before your interview, but here's this POS job paying 9.00 an hour all the way out in BFE!' (Primesource, grrr rage Primesource--Denver)

This sort of BS is jerking around to me. If the client changed their mind/hired someone else/etc. why not just let me know instead of constantly telling me to call back then never returning my calls? And what's the point of posting fake jobs?

Voicing My Concern in Denver, Colorado

35 months ago

After dealing with all three Apple One agencies, Greenwood Village, Lakewood, and Colorado Springs, I have to admit that aside from the one in Colorado Springs, the other two are run by unprofessional morons.

My experience with the Greenwood Village office: Two recruiters / placement agents handling my account neglected to return phone calls and emails when making inquiries to job postings. After finally getting a hold of another representative in the office, I was told on two seperate occasions that both of these individuals were no longer with Apple One and that my account pretty much fell into limbo; hence lack of returning calls and emails. One position that I interviewed for and made it to become a final candidate, I was receiving phone calls from the recruiter expressing her concern that I would take another position else where before being offered the position that Apple One had sent me to interview for. Once Apple One received news that the position was put on hold, the recruiter essentially wiped her hands with me and refused to return phone calls and emails in re to other positions that I was interested in applying for. Nice right? This is the Greenwood Village office by the way.

In re to the Lakewood office, I applied for four positions in total. All of which I more than qualified for. The first time I applied for a position, I was told by the receptionist, since Holly Ingrid doesn't speak with potential applicants, EVER, that the position was closed. Within a week of its posting, I noticed the same position was available again. Sure enough, I called and applied and was not only told that the same exact position was available but that Holly Ingrid would return my phone call. Yes, once again she refused to speak with a potential applicant. Ti date, I have yet to hear back from here. The woman is completely unprofessional, lazy, and disrespectful. How she ever found herself as a recruiter bewilders me...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

job in Sheridan, Wyoming

30 months ago

You are correct, they are a typical good for nothing big company that BS's about jobs. They won't give you the time of day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

job in Sheridan, Wyoming

30 months ago

It sounds like you are the ONLY RECUITER in the US that is ethical and that "tells the truth." I've worked with many recuiters and my siblings have also worked with many recuiters and gotten jobs through them, and they are ALL dishonest, greedy, unethical, and only want to place you so they can make money for themselves. They do not care about applicants. It is a filthier industry than car sales.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

wayne in Castle Rock, Colorado

27 months ago

I worked there for several years and know their work ethics and would not recomment to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sherry

27 months ago

You must be mistaken; EdgeLink is new to Denver. The office has been open for less than a year and there has been no turnover in staff. Maybe you were thinking of another local firm. Give EdgeLink try!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

HopeToHelp in Denver, Colorado

27 months ago

rajncajn in Spring, Texas said: I'm confused do the staffing agencies there CHARGE the employee to find a job?

If a staffing agency charges you, they are normally a scam. They make their money off of the clients they place people at. So if they ask you for money...DON'T DO IT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Denver, Colorado

26 months ago

I change my mind on using employment agencies, simply because they take jobs from the masses and make u pay them to get the job. Pls apply directly and remove these middlemen from cutting more into ur paychecks. Sad!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Law Guy in Denver, Colorado

25 months ago

If you're generalizing one office then you're the idiot. I dealt with three in Colorado and my experience has been horrid. Fortunately, I am gainfully employed and am doing quite well for myself but when times were tough, Apple One was completely useless. Their staff was reminiscent to wild monkeys throwing feces on the wall and banging their heads on desks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brutally Honest in Denver, Colorado

24 months ago

I've lived in Denver for 6 years and have periodically dealt with ~12 different staffing agencies including Robert Half Legal & Accounting, Accountemps, Elevation, OfficeTeam and Prestige Staffing, to name a few. I find them ALL to be worthless and a complete waste of time.

They post jobs that really don't exist or aren't available just to get you in their office, as I am convinced that they make some money just by doing that.

I truly don't know what the rhyme or reason is in terms of how they pick and choose who they will work with and try to place. They have to be like starving artists though, as it sure seems like they're not finding jobs for anyone.

It's gotten to the point now where if there's a staffing agency listed on a job posting, I won't even waste my time in applying for it nor will I make an appointment with a recruiter if he/she calls me. The only exception to that would be IF they truly have a really outstanding job with an outstanding company that they can submit my resume to immediately.

I am a seasoned professional with high-end administrative skills, as evidenced by the positions that I have held that are listed on my resume. I recently drove all the way to Elevations Staffing to speak with a recruiter, only to find out that the job they had me in mind for paid $15/hour AND it was part-time. Really? Needless to say, that was an insult and I was infuriated.

My advice: use your valuable time to apply directly to job postings, as my repeated experiences with multiple staffing agencies have been nothing but a joke.

Food for thought...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Denver Native in Denver, Colorado

22 months ago

I think Express Employment Professionals is a great service! The company is franchised and work different territories and I believe this helps them focus more on individual needs!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.