Best companies to work for in Denver?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 60)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What companies are fueling growth in Denver? Why are they a great employer?

Reply - Report abuse

Denver - What about Denver in Frisco, Texas

87 months ago

Xen in Denver, Colorado said: Denver is more an area than a city. There is a 'Denver' city, but the geographic sprawl is considerable since land was relatively cheap in the last century. The Denver job market is characerized by a lack of dominant single employer. There is no 'auto industry', no 'silicon valley', it has a reputation of being the regional office of everyone and the headquarters of no one. It can be a very boom and bust environment. The tech bust in 2000 -> present hit very hard, and there were tens of thousands of out of work tech people. Before that the oil bust resulted in thousands of unemployed energy types. The result is a lot of highly educated people that have drifted in to odd niches. It can be a very competitive environment for both employers and job seekers.

Any companies you'd recommend in the Metroplex of Denver or beyond? Loved going to Denver (which I really mean the huge extended suburbs and cities) last year with job travel. Great people. Many are transplants similar to my own area in TX.

My skills are highly transferable. I'm looking for a great industry, stable company, school districts and long term future in a Professional type job.

Any specific companies with good culture and/or people reputations?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (97) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Zephyr in Louisville, Colorado

85 months ago

Denver - What Companies? in Frisco, Texas said: Companies in the Colorado areas to definately check for a future career?

Denver RTD, Coors, Gambro BCT, Baxa Corp., Spectranetics, Amgen, OSI Pharmaceuticals.

Denver - What Companies? in Frisco, Texas said: Companies in the Colorado areas to definately avoid?
Covidien.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Flee Covidien (formerly Tyco) in Frisco, Texas

85 months ago

Thank you. I looked Covidien up. Wish the world had a solid "AVOID THIS COMPANY LIST"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Zephyr in Louisville, Colorado

85 months ago

Xen in Denver, Colorado said: Denver is more an area than a city. There is a 'Denver' city, but the geographic sprawl is considerable since land was relatively cheap in the last century.
Many businesses/industry are in the DTC which is Englewood/Centennial (south), several in Aurora to the east, and some in Arvada, Wheat Ridge, and Golden (e.g. Coors Brewing) to the west.

Xen in Denver, Colorado said: The Denver job market is characerized by a lack of dominant single employer. There is no 'auto industry', no 'silicon valley', it has a reputation of being the regional office of everyone and the headquarters of no one.
I agree, very well said for the most part.

Xen in Denver, Colorado said: It can be a very boom and bust environment. The tech bust in 2000 -> present hit very hard, and there were tens of thousands of out of work tech people. Before that the oil bust resulted in thousands of unemployed energy types.

The problem with "metro Denver" it that the job market is way too IT heavy, many IT jockies, also too much weight in aerospace, energy (oil/gas/mining), tourism, and basic service sectors. An odd mix indeed, we need REAL jobs here soon.

Xen in Denver, Colorado said: The result is a lot of highly educated people that have drifted in to odd niches. It can be a very competitive environment for both employers and job seekers.
Career switching is essential is you want to stay in CO long term.
Brutally competitive environment for job seekers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Justice in Parker, Colorado

85 months ago

Communications companies like Comcast, DirecTV and Time Warner Cable are solid employee-oriented companies to check out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sarah h in Cedar Falls, Iowa

82 months ago

Going crazy in Littleton in Littleton, Colorado said: YES----I have to agree. Stay away from PRC!! Take the advise of an employee who has been with them since they opened their doors. It is career suicide! I myself recently left PRC (of my own accord). I can tell you horror stories.

STAY AWAY

can you tell me why prc is so bad??? i work there currently i was just wondering about some of your horror stories???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

covidien? in West Palm Beach, Florida

82 months ago

can someone unpack the anti-Covidien sentiment? I am interviewing with them in a couple of days, and am curious of any issues.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

new_covidien_employee in Longmont, Colorado

82 months ago

I was just hired by Covidien - what did you learn about them?

Thanks!

covidien? in West Palm Beach, Florida said: can someone unpack the anti-Covidien sentiment? I am interviewing with them in a couple of days, and am curious of any issues.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dale North in Alaska

79 months ago

H E L P ........new_covidien_employee..... I am interviewing with Covidien this week. I'm curious as to your experiences so far. please email me at dallnorth@comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Therapist Job in Florida in The Colony, Texas

79 months ago

panicking in Mannheim, Germany said: got job offer from covidien, please please please elaborate!!!!

Did you get any responses on the Covidien company?

It looks like they are offering jobs in several places around the world. Are they in a growth mode?
What area or dept within were you offered a job in?

I'm looking myself.

Is there a locational issue or is this a corporate issue?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Covidien in The Colony, Texas

79 months ago

Covidien is renamed. It was Tyco. The Tyco head person was one of the corporate Executives that was caught by the US SEC along with Enron and WorldCom.

That being said. What is the current status of the company. Are the Managers at Covidien the same leaders as those that were with at the company w/ Tyco or has there been a house cleaning at all levels?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Starglider in Valencia, California

79 months ago

Covidien in The Colony, Texas said: Covidien is renamed. It was Tyco.
Covidien was Tyco Healthcare.

Covidien in The Colony, Texas said: The Tyco head person was one of the corporate Executives that was caught by the US SEC along with Enron and WorldCom.
He was the head of the parent company Tyco Int'l not Tyco Healthcare.

Covidien in The Colony, Texas said: That being said. What is the current status of the company. Are the Managers at Covidien the same leaders as those that were with at the company w/ Tyco or has there been a house cleaning at all levels?
For the most part same management with cross-polination of some divisions/locations with rotations and promotions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ulm99pm in Marrero, Louisiana

71 months ago

Does anyone know of any compaines in Denver that provide on site daycare?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Considering Covidien in Denver, Colorado

69 months ago

Does anyone have an update about the current status of Covidien? Is it a good place to work? Employee friendly? I am interviewing with them next week and would like an accurate picture of the work environment. Any insight would be appreciated!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dalenorth in Fort Collins, Colorado

69 months ago

I work there... Boulder Colorado. Which group and which position are you interviewing for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

introcomp in Lemoore, California

61 months ago

Denver - What Companies? in Frisco, Texas said:
Local owners

Companies in the Colorado areas to definately avoid?
,,,,AVOID LEPRINO FOODS

Looking agressively for a new future and I want a great solid company.

City jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

considering a move in Waukesha, Wisconsin

59 months ago

This may be a real stretch, but does anyone know of any companies in the Denver metro area that provide health care benefits for IVF (in vitro fertilisation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

matt in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

i need help im 15 need a job any ideas what will work cuz every where i go u have to be 16 or 18

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

y99611@msn.com in Meridian, Idaho

59 months ago

Would like to move to Arizona are there any jobs that are good companies to work for please email this we would like a job before we move there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tyco in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

I worked for Tyco for one month. It is horrible there. It is like a sweat shop. Run as fast as you can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Searching for a Great company in Dallas, Texas

59 months ago

Thanks for the Tyco heads up.

I'm looking for a large and maybe national/worldwide company to persue a new work profession.

Industry change is good. Previously w/ technical companies for 15 yrs... and you know the constant buy-out, change-over, company-wide up-sizing and down-sizings.

I have a BBA degree + went back to college to take classes in the Health industry.
Current classes are wrapping up next week.

Ideas for next career profession:
HR or Technical w/ Health industry or Health Industry or any other recommendations are very welcome.

Solid companies? (salary, group healthcare) Ideas welcome.

Also:
This quick view by county of unemployment in the US from 2007 to current is every eye-opening!
Interesting:
cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tyco in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

What did you get your degree--??Health Care Management or Human Resources or somthing else. There are a lot of good opportunities out here for HRIS (human resources) but health care management is a very tough field to enter. However if you have technical knowledge you are definitely in the right arena. Ch2M Hill is an excellent technical company. Stay away from DirecTV as well. Bad place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tyco in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

Dido. I know I think the same thing. I wonder what I have said in some of my phone interviews that have been a "turn off" because I don't get it. I have the exact background that a lot of people are looking for. I have 15 years of customer service experience. I am just about ready to pack it in and go back to Las Vegas. I never have been treated so poorly by recruiters in all my life. I know that it is a bad economy but come on. I think Denver is cold to outsiders and it is not all that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tyco in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: It may be, but I want to share my experience applying to and interviewing with that company.

I applied for a paralegal opening at CH2M HILL in Centennial. I liked how the recruiting website replicated my resume precisely as I formatted it. Most online websites convert one's painstakingly formatted resume into a bland text representation. I did not expect to hear from CH2M because I really did not have the background it wanted. Moreover, according to its website, CH2M receives 48, 000 resumes a year. But one still should try if one has at least some of the requested quals.

To my great surprise, a CH2M HILL legal department team member interviewed me by phone. This empathetic person had known my former employer. By saying so, she intimated that she knew his nature and personality. (I concede I may have misread her in that regard.) She opened the door for me to sell myself and I did the best I could.

Two months later, a CH2M HR staffer sent me a rejection e-mail. This person misspelled the name of the position. She spelled it "paraleagal." The correct spelling is "paralegal." Rejections are never pleasant to receive, but misspelling the position rubs salt into the wound. It also represents the company poorly - not that she should care because, to her, I was but just a candidate. Doing so also makes me wonder how such people can be employed while I cannot find a job. IMO that e-mail was far less that impressive for what is supposed to be, or was, a fine, employee oriented company with a great reputation.

Also if I were giving someone advice who was thinking of coming here I would say DON'T.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tyco in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

Well for whatever reason, I have never been anywhere where I was treated so poorly and I understand that employers may have some different requirements than what we see in the position requirements. However when I moved to Hawaii I took 40 interviews. There was a lot of discrimination there. The culture was completely different. I guess I just thought this kind of discrimination was over. I come from a right to work state and I am told by my daughter that is part of the reason why employers are being selectively discriminate because they don't want to get stuck with someone they cannot fire. It is nevertheless depressing. The way people treat you here is just like the "weather". I have made zero friends in Denver since arriving and I am ready to go home. Unfortunately my savings account is not where it needs to be in order for me to leave. I have all but given up on looking for a job. I think I have a good work ethic and I was with the same employer for nine years so I cannot be all that bad. I think if my daughter were not a travelling nurse she would have never come here and her husband was unemployed for 6 years. He had to go back to school to get a job. This has been an eye opener. I am not bitter though just disappointed because my daughter told me the people in Denver were so friendly. So much for that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Looking for Great Companies in Dallas, Texas

59 months ago

tyco in Denver, Colorado

A 'Right to Work State' actually means that the employer Can hire you if they want to with little issues when they decide for no reason to let you go (downsize, fire, right-size).

'Right to Work" state means they can hire you when they want & they can fire you when they want.
(TX is also a Right to Work state)

This means that if you are an employer and your family member suddenly is out of work that you can Cut (fire, downsize) any employee to open a position up even if the employee has a perfect on-time & 100% showed up to the job record w/ perfect business results, no warnings for conduct and more.

A "Right to Work" state means that does not have to be any misconduct and there does not have to be any mis-conduct for them to cut you.

The #1 reason you are least likely to get hired right now is that there are literally 1000's of more unemployed people than there are jobs available.

The employers have the "cream of the crop" (in their opinion)to pick from.
If someone who interviews lies their a** off, is perky, enthusiastic and a exceptional extreme smoozing relationship builder They will get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

tyco in Denver, Colorado said:

...more...

Unless you have Unique Qualifactions that the vast number of other applicants don't have the Employers simply don't really need you (or me).

See this map by counties from 2007 to current abt. unemployment growth.
This is a quick view:

Per my heavy research I've found that IF you can get Certified in specific areas so that you can put that on the resume' to make you One-up better then you will be just one of a deep crowd of applicants to any job available.

Continuing Education? Community College for 'new job skills'? Have you checked the online classes? If you take an online class it will still allow you to complete the class IF you miraculously get a job in this market.

Very few to No One is finding a job right now.

In addition, if you don't get offered a job this week there is very little chance you'll get any movement on the job front before the 2nd week in Jan. 2010.

This is true due to the obvious. Work is down anyway and it's the Christmas holidays.

The HR full staff & the hiring managers will be highly likely not to even be in town on the job at the same time since so many people go see their own family or take-off work during the holdiays.

All hiring 'players' must be on the job at the same time to Process a hire.

The 1st week of Jan. 2010 employees will return to work & adjust post-holiday back to the routine.
The 2nd week the vacancies will be looked at again.

Also, budgets will be reviewed at the end of the year.

Enjoy the Holidays as much as you can & let the full-fledge job search be less "why aren't they calling".... remember.. they are not at the office either!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Looking for Great Companies in Dallas, Texas said: tyco in Denver, Colorado

A 'Right to Work State' actually means that the employer Can hire you if they want to with little issues when they decide for no reason to let you go (downsize, fire, right-size).

'Right to Work" state means they can hire you when they want & they can fire you when they want.
(TX is also a Right to Work state)

This means that if you are an employer and your family member suddenly is out of work that you can Cut (fire, downsize) any employee to open a position up even if the employee has a perfect on-time & 100% showed up to the job record w/ perfect business results, no warnings for conduct and more.

A "Right to Work" state means that does not have to be any misconduct and there does not have to be any mis-conduct for them to cut you.

The #1 reason you are least likely to get hired right now is that there are literally 1000's of more unemployed people than there are jobs available.

The employers have the "cream of the crop" (in their opinion)to pick from.
If someone who interviews lies their a** off, is perky, enthusiastic and a exceptional extreme smoozing relationship builder They will get the job.

And similar to the prior state by "Displaced" Texas is an "at-will" state.
The combination of the 2 "Right-to-Work" and "at-will" means what I've described.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tyco in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

Yes thank you but I know what a right to work state is Hire at will fire at will. I lived in Las Vegas for 22 years. It is a right to work state in Nevada but not here in Colorado. So after they hire you here and you survive for 90 days it is pretty hard to get rid of you.

That is what I was saying that it is hard to get hired. Also yes I know there is massive unemployment I understand all that too. I am just saying I could have a job in Las Vegas in 5 minutes. I know that because I can network there. I have no one here to network with and Colorado is different. It is a tourist town based on snow fall. If the snow does not fall then tourism workers do not work. That is it. We could control our traffic in Las Vegas because it is based on entertainment and we can make that happen. Never mind me I just hate Denver and cannot wait to leave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

tyco in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

thank you You are the first to shed any light on this issue. I just have given up in Denver and I think I will go back to Las Vegas I have never had such a bad experience in all my life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Your daughter is misinformed. Colorado is not be a right-to-work state at this time, but it is an at-will employment state. "At-will" employment means either employer or employee may terminate employment at any time, without notice and for no reason. Usually employers terminate employment and they do it. Trust me, they are not afraid of being stuck with anyone, though they may try to contrive a cause to avoid paying higher UIB premiums.

Right-to-work and at-will employment are mutually exclusive concepts. Right-to-work primarily involves mandatory (closed or union shop) union membership. At-will involves terms of employment conditions and can impact UIB eligibility.

In Texas "Right-to-Work" primarily comes into play when the employers perpetually have employees sign documents saying that you can't work at any other similar company for 1 or 2 yrs.
These have never ever won a single case in court so the employers never attempt to enforce them.

In Texas it means that your former employer can't prevent you from being hired at a competitor company.
Prior to this if a person of any level of a company lost their job then they'd literally lose the ability to get a job in the profession and industry that they have job experience in.
Prior to this an person would have to move, leave their home area & move their family completely out of their home & home city/state to find a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

tyco in Denver, Colorado said: thank you You are the first to shed any light on this issue. I

Did you view the Quick unemployment by county charts?

I went back to college while in my long term search.
My gov't Professor showed these charts in class.

Texas has added specific description & content requirements for 100% of the colleges & universities in Texas to be able to issue a diploma - degree completion. The 'exact' description & content in certain classes is different than when I completed my BBA degree so I had to take a Gov't class to work toward a 2nd degree in a different area. I don't care for Gov't study but the Prof showed very interesting real life useful info.

I do have a BBA (Bach. of Business) which I earned a long time ago, decades of experience, excellent job and community business people references. It is completely irrelevant to my ability to get hired.
So many people are unemployed that applying for lower level jobs and much, much lower level jobs doesn't matter either. I get no calls at all ever on the lower level jobs.

I even applied for a much, much lower level job in administrative-scheduling type work at a brand new small hospital nearby in which I also typed in the application that I'm open to Full-time, pt-time, and a variety of jobs from scheduling up. I stated that I had completed specific health industry & Medical knowledge type classes and would be happy to take any appropriate classes on my own to help fill their needs or Shortage areas. I ask, What areas do you need most to fill long term to minimize
shortages. Still no response.

Working toward certifications in various health areas.
Essentially picked health because it is the only Industry that is still growing
primarily due to the Baby Boomers aging.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Tyco in Denver, Colorado said: Dido. I know I think the same thing. I wonder what I have said in some of my phone interviews that have been a "turn off" because I don't get it. I have the exact background that a lot of people are looking for. I have 15 years of customer service experience. I am just about ready to pack it in and go back to Las Vegas. I never have been treated so poorly by recruiters in all my life. I know that it is a bad economy but come on. I think Denver is cold to outsiders and it is not all that!

Research or watch the employment in any city prior to moving. There is no place to go where there is good employment at this time. Moving around doesn't help unless you've already landed a job .... which means you received a clear & specific offer with the pay and benefits list in print with a signature from the HR dept and/or manager.

If you do want to move someplace & land a job before you move you'll need to get an address (friend or mail box center - not PO Box)so that they think you are already In town. Then you'll need to have cash on hand to go to the interview. Tell them you're out of town temporarily & you might be able to get a 1st round of interviews completely by phone.
Think of the expense as in lue of paying a moving expense and going someplace that also doesn't have any job openings for you.

Good Luck to Us All!!! Yes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

tyco in Denver, Colorado said: Yes thank you but I know what a right to work state is Hire at will fire at will. I lived in Las Vegas for 22 years. It is a right to work state in Nevada but not here in Colorado. So after they hire you here and you survive for 90 days it is pretty hard to get rid of you.

That is what I was saying that it is hard to get hired. Also yes I know there is massive unemployment I understand all that too. I am just saying I could have a job in Las Vegas in 5 minutes. I know that because I can network there. I have no one here to network with and Colorado is different. It is a tourist town based on snow fall. If the snow does not fall then tourism workers do not work. That is it. We could control our traffic in Las Vegas because it is based on entertainment and we can make that happen. Never mind me I just hate Denver and cannot wait to leave.

Sorry... don't know what someone else knows particularly since it's slightly to a lot differnent per state.
In TX it doesn't matter abt. the 90 days. You can work there 5 yrs w/ perfect conduct & attendance & revenue generation and then you can still be dumped w/out cause as an individual or an entire dept.

The Tourism in Las Vegas has dropped drastically in the same time period as the unemployment per friends there & per news stats. Companies are no longer having Corp. or even customer meetings there as before. The "deals" for those people who do go there with their business dollars are extremely low cost due to the drop in business.
You probably know this though too.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Looking for Great Companies in Dallas, Texas said: Sorry... don't know what someone else knows particularly since it's slightly to a lot differnent per state.
In TX it doesn't matter abt. the 90 days. You can work there 5 yrs w/ perfect conduct & attendance & revenue generation and then you can still be dumped w/out cause as an individual or an entire dept.

The Tourism in Las Vegas has dropped drastically in the same time period as the unemployment per friends there & per news stats. Companies are no longer having Corp. or even customer meetings there as before. The "deals" for those people who do go there with their business dollars are extremely low cost due to the drop in business.
You probably know this though too.

P.S. My friend went to an annual major industry convention there and for the 1st time ever he said there was virtually no one there. He said the usual 'big' company players were not there at all or they had tiny exhibits w/ 1 representative. This convention is one where people go to learn abt. the new tech products and related new industry things. He said he was literally one of the only patrons there for 2 days.
That's pretty serious.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

A in Denver, Colorado

57 months ago

Dalenorth in Fort Collins, Colorado said: I work there... Boulder Colorado. Which group and which position are you interviewing for?

Hello, are you still there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lyndsey in Denver, Colorado

56 months ago

I agree, Directv in Denver is horrible to work for, don't waste your time with this company. I have had so many friends and co-workers that have worked for this company in the past and the hated it! They treat their employees horrible and the turn over rate is tremendous!

Frontier Airlines used to be a fantastic company to work for before Republic bought them. Also, Jetblue is also a good company to work for if you want to be in the travel industry.

FrustratedInBrighton in Brighton, Colorado

52 months ago

Dalenorth in Fort Collins, Colorado said: I work there... Boulder Colorado. Which group and which position are you interviewing for?

Hi there..
My husband interviewed for Covidien on the advice of a recruiter that found his resume online. He prepared immensely for his phone interview. He went on to 2 more interviews and then was told he was perfect for another position, but they would wait on the Product manager Position until they see what happened with the other one. He had 2 great interviews with the other position and then was told.. the division he was interviewing for was not doing well so they would not be hiring after all. So he went through 5 interviews with Covidien, for pretty much nothing. Very sad, and in poor taste I think. The company would have been extremely fortunate to have him as an employee..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Denver, Colorado

51 months ago

matt in Denver, Colorado said: i need help im 15 need a job any ideas what will work cuz every where i go u have to be 16 or 18

Think Elich Gardens may hire you for summer help but season is almost over.

Mark in Littleton, Colorado

49 months ago

Take a look at DCP Midstream (www.dcpmidstream.com) They have a number of jobs posted right now for the Denver area. I know quite a few people that work there and it is a good company. The Denver Business Journal rates them well too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LINY in Plainfield, Connecticut

49 months ago

Flee Covidien (formerly Tyco) in Frisco, Texas said: Thank you. I looked Covidien up. Wish the world had a solid "AVOID THIS COMPANY LIST"

I was cosidering covidien, WHY SHOULD I STAY CLEAR OF THEM AS AN EMPLOYER?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nyxalinth in Denver, Colorado

46 months ago

I had applied at PRC in florida back in 2004 and got the start-date jerkaround routine. I applied at PRC here in Denver in 2006 and got nowhere. Reading what I have about the company, the merger with Alorica, and Alorica itself, I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Fedup in Aurora, Colorado

41 months ago

Tyco in Denver, Colorado said: I worked for Tyco for one month. It is horrible there. It is like a sweat shop. Run as fast as you can.

I have worked for "Tyco" for 3 1/2 years and I agree..it is a "legalized Colorado Sweat Shop"!!!!!

Fedup in Aurora, Colorado

41 months ago

I have worked for Tyco for 3 1/2 years and it is a "legalized Colorado sweat shop"!

stepup in Littleton, Colorado

41 months ago

Zephyr in Louisville, Colorado said: Denver RTD, Coors, Gambro BCT, Baxa Corp., Spectranetics, Amgen, OSI Pharmaceuticals.

Covidien.

hey Zephyr in Louisville. You need to refresh your info. Gambro BCT changed their name years ago to Caridian BCT and was recently purchased out of private equity by a Japanese company. Heard its a tough place to work. People are used up like a roll of TP. Heard good things about Covidien in Boulder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

hank in Tavares, Florida

38 months ago

I worked covidien in deland florida for 9 weeks, I couldn't take the abuse from plant superintendent, you would think there would be a lead or supervisor between techs and upper management. I was told that my attitude was to happy giving off the wrong impression and not taking my job serious. stay away it is like prision.

COLORADO-BOUND in Cincinnati, Ohio

37 months ago

Has anyone ever heard of / worked at / or have any feedback for:

WhiteWave Foods Inc.
Tolmar
Hach
Sun Packaging
Emerson Process Management

I'm a recent ChemE grad looking to move to Colorado .. trying to feel out the job atmosphere / reputation in order to make a decision

dblume3@gmail.com in Denver, Colorado

37 months ago

Vivax Pro Painting

This is a fast growing, enthusiastic, and fun company to work for for any creative, motivated, and growth seeking individual. Vivax simply dominates its competition in the surrounding Denver areas not because they have house painting secrets that they've yet to reveal to society, but because they have mastered the technique of delivering flawless customer service while painting a home. They have received local, statewide, and even national recognition for their growth and industry leadership. As a growing company, Vivax is always looking to hear from individuals who believe they can contribute to the company's attempt to paint homes with pride, perfection, integrity, and enthusiam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DOMINO in Iva, South Carolina

34 months ago

Denver - What Companies? in Frisco, Texas said: Companies in the Colorado areas to definately check for a future career?

Companies in the Colorado areas to definately avoid?

Looking agressively for a new future and I want a great solid company.

AVOID YES COMMUNITIES AVOID...........AVOID................................

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.