Can I get a McDonalds job in Denver or Boulder?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Toddd in Madison Heights, Michigan

41 months ago

Hi, I'm from the Detroit area and I need a way to get out of this mess. The appealing thing to me about Denver is not the mountains necessarily, but the weather and the mass transit.

Detroit is basically in a depression, regardless of the lies you hear about unemployment coming down. You have to kill someone to get a job at McDonalds here. So before you start with the hyperbole about jobs being tight in Colorado, remember who you're talking to.

I have a masters and 2 bachelor degrees in science/tech. But I may as well be a high school drop out. There are no jobs here but for the well-connected and highly-qualified.

I would love to come to Denver or Boulder. I'm also looking for a warmer climate that isn't the hot & sweaty south. Also, Colorado people are somewhat culturally like Michigan people.

Anyway, my question is, if worse came to worse, how hard are menial jobs to come by? If I came to Denver could I easily get a low-wage job if need be?

I'm looking at a lower cost of living in Colorado, lower taxes and mass transit would help a lot. Is there affordable housing in these areas that are not ghettos? I'm talking homes for around $50,000?

Is it possible to A) get a job (any job) in Denver and B) can you live somewhat well on a lower income?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Goyo in Castle Rock, Colorado

40 months ago

We moved to Denver from Dearborn in 1999. Denver and Boulder are by no means low cost of living areas. What I would recommend to you is to look at the smaller towns along the front range. For example Pueblo. The cost of living is much lower and the low end of the job range is the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Goyo in Castle Rock, Colorado

40 months ago

Hello, We moved to Denver from Dearborn in 1999. Denver and Boulder are fairly expensive. I suggest that you can do somewhat better by looking at smaller towns in southern Colorado like Pueblo. The lower end jobs are the same pay and the cost of living is much lower. Good luck. I suggest you get the heck out of Michigan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nyxalinth in Denver, Colorado

38 months ago

I can tell you if you're very young (under 30) or Hispanic, you're good to go. I had an interview with them on Monday and got the big blow off and I am very certain it's because I am white. I never see white people working at fast food places in Denver, and when I do, they're obviously quite young.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

enewbrough in Rolla, Missouri

38 months ago

I can't believe people are so narrow minded to look at the color of someone's skin to be rejected for a job! I'm also white but seeing a black man and he is one of the kindest, most honest, trustworthy, and a very fine upstanding man! No he's not light skinned, he's black!
You have to look in someone's heart and not only that know they are genuine, he was raised to be a good Christian and to me he is one of the best people I know! Thank you!
You need to be looking for something in your field but I feel your pain, I'm an unemployed nurse and know what you're talking about!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

nyxalinth in Denver, Colorado

37 months ago

enewbrough in Rolla, Missouri said: I can't believe people are so narrow minded to look at the color of someone's skin to be rejected for a job! I'm also white but seeing a black man and he is one of the kindest, most honest, trustworthy, and a very fine upstanding man! No he's not light skinned, he's black!
You have to look in someone's heart and not only that know they are genuine, he was raised to be a good Christian and to me he is one of the best people I know! Thank you!
You need to be looking for something in your field but I feel your pain, I'm an unemployed nurse and know what you're talking about!

I am looking for things in my field, but can't seem to get in. Hence, I started looking at other options.

thelaw in Pompano Beach, Florida

37 months ago

sure!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

samuel in White Lake, Michigan

32 months ago

WOW, I FEEL LIKE I WROTE THIS QUESTION MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.