Entry level accounting

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Shadow in Aurora, Colorado

34 months ago

Hello my Japanese buddy received his master degree recently in Accounting I believe. Well he is looking for a job as an entry level accountant if he does not find one in 2 months he is going to be sent back to japan. Can anyone give me any tips for him he has been to interview after interview and cannot seem to get a job because of his misdemeanor. So I was hoping someone on the forums might know of a place he has a shot at. Thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nutmeg1800 in Phoenix, Arizona

34 months ago

He definitely cannot find a job here in US. Most companies will not sponsor a student visa. I have over ten years of accounting experience in big 500 company here, cannot even land an accounting job. I guess will just settle for credit analyst job in the mean time.

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

33 months ago

nutmeg1800 in Phoenix, Arizona said: He definitely cannot find a job here in US. Most companies will not sponsor a student visa. I have over ten years of accounting experience in big 500 company here, cannot even land an accounting job. I guess will just settle for credit analyst job in the mean time.

If you have a credit analyst job why would you want an entry accounting position?

Janeta in Phoenix, Arizona

31 months ago

Prefer to go in an accounting field which is more dealing with nuts and bolts of an accounts and collaboration with other department. Credit analyst means you are on the phone dealing with customers(dislike it). Thanks for that skills, but prefer to use my skills(acctg) and experience wherein I will love to do.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.