Job Scams

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 283)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Ruth in Aurora, Colorado

57 months ago

Unfortunately there are scammers out there taking advantage of a downed economy by targeting people who desperately need a job. Please make sure to verify that the employers you're applying to are legitimate by checking them out with the Better Business Bureau at: www.bbb.org. Please beware that the job sites www.valuedemployee.com and www.jobnab.com are scams, they have no real jobs and are only there to collect your information for their own benefit. Good luck with your job search and be careful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (319) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

lorent in Providence, Rhode Island

57 months ago

I also ran into the same thing with jobnab.com (as well as several others). Every time a potential "employer" asks me to confirm that I am still available I now "Goggle" their name or website ID before I provide any info. I believe that any legitimate employer would simply call my phone # from my resume or email for me to call them. Any of these "confirm that you are still available" responses should raise a very large Red Flag for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (100) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

jonny in Pomona, California

57 months ago

what do i do if jobnab steals my information?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (69) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

lorent in Providence, Rhode Island

57 months ago

It will be difficult to prove. You may need to change as many of the items as you can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MCC in Denver, Colorado

54 months ago

It's a wretched little scheme, and it certainly took me in. But they are fakes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in San Diego, California

53 months ago

I found this forum actually doing a search on Jobnab. I have also posted my resume on Monster.com I have recieved 7 emails since I first registerd. I had a feeling to was a scam as they are in Florida, and I am in California. I am glad I searched about them prior to registering. I had this problem about a year or so back with CareerBuilder people would call my phone or emailing me with some kind of scam. Always check up on the compant prior to giving out info, often it can be more irritating, annoying then it is harmful they spam you with info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MacKenzie in San Marcos, Texas

52 months ago

I just got TWO text messages from Jobnab.com from a 512 area code. Glad I googled it first!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Muhammad in Flushing, New York

52 months ago

This is what i received in text message 30mins ago.
"Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (155) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

Muhammad in Flushing, New York said: This is what i received in text message 30mins ago.
"Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

Wow thank goodness for this board. I just received the same exact text as above. Obviously will avoid that website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

briana12 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

52 months ago

My gosh, thank goodness for this board. I just received the same exact text as above. Obviously will avoid that website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Belleville, Michigan

52 months ago

I received the same text from 'Anne'
Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Martin III in Saint Charles, Missouri

52 months ago

I see a trend here! At 2:00, I got a text from the, one and only, Ann. Based on a resume, that I never posted online, I have a possible job, just waiting for me. I only have to register at jobnab.com, and then, only then I assume, the lovely Ann will talk to me about this "open" position. I'm glad I stumbled across this forum. she called on a cellphone based out of Memphis, TN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Brown in Columbus, Ohio

52 months ago

Damn you Anne! lol i recieved the same text at 9:05 am today

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Brown in Columbus, Ohio

52 months ago

Damn you Anne! i recieved the same text message today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Madison, Wisconsin

52 months ago

Also received identical cell phone text from anne @11:45c

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Beth in La Porte, Texas

52 months ago

Thanks for posting about Anne at jobnab. I was away from the computer and received "her" text to register. So glad I looked up the company. If you do a search for jobs that have anything about them on it, you won't find one. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nikkie in Sacramento, California

52 months ago

I had a gut feeling that the email I received from jobnab.com was a scam! Egh I wish I would have listened to my instinct. I knew I had not posted my resume anywhere accept on career builder and its blocked so no employer can see my email. This pisses me of because there sites don't seem so secure now. I went ahead and registered and decided to see if a was a scam after I did so!! Gosh thanks everyone. 5/19/2010

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Miss Harmony in Indianapolis, Indiana

52 months ago

I just received the same text from anne. I never posted my resume either. My questions are: what do they do with a person's information? what is the motive for obtaining a person's work history/information? Are they actually seeking people who are dumb enough to put their SSN or personal info on their resumes. I just dont understand the motive of the scam...?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ChloeGirl in Orlando, Florida

52 months ago

I am so glad that I checked here first - I just received an email from someone at jobnab named Kathleen. Here is the content.

I saw the resume you recently posted online and noticed that you're looking for something in Administrative Support.

I work with several companies in your area that are trying to fill Administrative Support positions and would like to get your resume in front of them.

To get started, go to www.jobnab.com and fill out our short application. I will be able to start matching you to available positions immediately.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kathleen Adams, Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
7635 Ashley Park Court, Suite 503
Orlando, FL 32835

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

will in Gary, Indiana

52 months ago

I recently recieved the same email and text mail.

Statement says,hi i`m anne base on your resume you match a job i`m filing.

register at jobnab.com. It`s a scam. Be careful out there!!!!

It`s a shame people are trying to take advantage of people seeking employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Al in Buffalo, New York

52 months ago

I have received the text message from Anne this morning saying the same thing that it said for everyone else. I also received a text from someone else from the same company a few weeks ago but I don't remember the person's name. However they did leave a number that I called back and spoke to a person. It was for a data entry job that you would have to call people occasionally to get missing info. I told her I wanted very little customer interaction on the phone since I work in a call center now and hate it. She didn't seem very happy about that. After that, I didn't hear anything back about that job she was filling. So I'm a little doubtful about this place also. When I went to the jobnab site to fill out the application, I never finished it. Must be a reason...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bradley in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

52 months ago

Ruth in Aurora, Colorado said: Unfortunately there are scammers out there taking advantage of a downed economy by targeting people who desperately need a job. Please make sure to verify that the employers you're applying to are legitimate by checking them out with the Better Business Bureau at: www.bbb.org . Please beware that the job sites www.valuedemployee.com and www.jobnab.com are scams, they have no real jobs and are only there to collect your information for their own benefit. Good luck with your job search and be careful!

This is not correct they are real jobs. You fill out the application it is placed in the Company's box. A scam is when you have to pay for employment like the company called realjobs.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated with the job search in San Francisco, California

52 months ago

Bradley in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: This is not correct they are real jobs. You fill out the application it is placed in the Company's box. A scam is when you have to pay for employment like the company called realjobs.com

BEWARE: theladders.com is a scam!!! They post jobs you have to pay to apply. But the jobs are not real!!!!!

Why would an employer pay "theladders.com" to look for employees in today's market? Demand is small, supply is HUGE!!!! Why does 'theladders.com" have so many $100K jobs and not the other job boards? Sounds like a scam it probably is a scam. BEWARE!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Afetr ANN! in Riverdale, Georgia

52 months ago

How did these people get out stuff?! Did they steal it from Monster.com?

Something also told me to Google before I responded.

I hope Ann is reading!

Ann is bound(iJn).....you are messing with the wrong one sweetie!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mayhem in Lubbock, Texas

52 months ago

Pat in Madison, Wisconsin said: Also received identical cell phone text from anne @11:45c

DUDE!! i got the EXACT same message!!! then I got a lil suspicious...I googled Jobnab.com and ran across this forum...WOW, i cant believe people are so devious....SO I Txt annie back, and told her I actually very recently just started my own adult entertainment business and I needed to recruit "fresh" talent...I asked if she would be intrested....Hope thats not too bad.....thhhehehehehe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jolietdave in Joliet, Illinois

52 months ago

I got one too but from Rachel. I went to the site and it just had a bogus look to it so I checked the net.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Carolyn in Detroit, Michigan

52 months ago

Muhammad in Flushing, New York said: This is what i received in text message 30mins ago.

YES!! I just received the very same text message--I right away googled Job NAB, and see that it's a scam. I was leary anyway because why would they text instead of calling? Pathetic!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

52 months ago

Bradley in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: This is not correct they are real jobs. You fill out the application it is placed in the Company's box. A scam is when you have to pay for employment like the company called realjobs.com

Doesn't matter if you pay or not, it's still a scam because they're wanting your info. I got pulled in yesterday from a fake website applying for a job. Received a text yesterday from CareerNetwork, looked it up, scam too. Now today I received this e-mail... After I didn't answer a phone call from a FL number.

Dear Jennifer,

I saw the resume you recently posted online and noticed that you're looking for something in Administrative Support.

I work with several companies in your area that are trying to fill Administrative Support positions and would like to get your resume in front of them.

To get started, go to www.jobnab.com and fill out our short application. I will be able to start matching you to available positions immediately.

Kristie Dyer, Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835
kristie.dyer@jobnab.com

Please do not contact me with further correspondence.
------

It's a scam, there are no jobs with this company. Hope this helps somebody, don't let them get your info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lila in Hammond, Indiana

52 months ago

I got the same text message today, but it was from "Ann", without the e. it came from a Chicago cell phone. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lila in Hammond, Indiana

52 months ago

Jennifer in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: Doesn't matter if you pay or not, it's still a scam because they're wanting your info. I got pulled in yesterday from a fake website applying for a job. Received a text yesterday from CareerNetwork, looked it up, scam too. Now today I received this e-mail... After I didn't answer a phone call from a FL number.

Dear Jennifer,

Kristie Dyer, Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835
kristie.dyer@jobnab.com

Please do not contact me with further correspondence.
------

It's a scam, there are no jobs with this company. Hope this helps somebody, don't let them get your info.

yeah the "Please do not contact me with further correspondence" made it very obvious. i got a text message from them today out of the blue :( researching things is good. thought they were a scam and I was right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Confused in Kalamazoo, Michigan

52 months ago

Ruth in Aurora, Colorado said: Unfortunately there are scammers out there taking advantage of a downed economy by targeting people who desperately need a job. Please make sure to verify that the employers you're applying to are legitimate by checking them out with the Better Business Bureau at: www.bbb.org . Please beware that the job sites www.valuedemployee.com and www.jobnab.com are scams, they have no real jobs and are only there to collect your information for their own benefit. Good luck with your job search and be careful!

I am "working" for jobnab and the jobs I have found are legitimate jobs. I haven't received payment for the website and I do not know what happens to the applicants; all I know is I just find the jobs and they claim people on their website verify the jobs. I personally distrust jobnab more and more each day.

Sincerely,

Confused

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Emily in Tampa, Florida

52 months ago

I also got a text from Anna today from a FL number I live in FL and called a long distence number that I assumed was from the same place well we all know what ass-u-me means. But they didnt get any good info from me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Robnrose in Brandon, Florida

52 months ago

Emily in Tampa, Florida said: I also got a text from Anna today from a FL number I live in FL and called a long distence number that I assumed was from the same place well we all know what ass-u-me means. But they didnt get any good info from me.

Tampa must be the hot spot today. I received a text from "Anne" also and I live outside of Tampa and they called at 3:55 this afternoon. Shame that they are preying on those of us that are unemployed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

irritated in NYC

52 months ago

HA! I received that exact same text today! Then I looked them up online and found this forum...I immediately took my resume off of Monster and Careerbuilder. That must be how they got my #, or through Craigslist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

MC in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

Good thing the Spam filters work. Only reason I came across this is that I'm still tweaking the spam settings to make sure the "good stuff" doesn't get burned automatically. Ran the Google search, identified the scam.

Nothing like scripting your own spam filters....

M.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

AD in Hixson, Tennessee

52 months ago

I received the exact same text from Ann that everyone else did about two hours ago!! Good thing i found this forum first. The number the text came from was from a 901 area code. They are not getting any of my info!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

ABG in Cary, North Carolina

52 months ago

I got the same text from "Ann" at 945 this morning. This one came from a 404 area code. Decided to look them up and the text was stupidly vague and found this. Awesome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Liz in Denver, Colorado

52 months ago

Just got the text from "Ann" also. They must send out mass texts for this BS. So glad I googled this "jobnab" thing first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

countrybiker52@yahoo.com in Saint Paul, Minnesota

52 months ago

Geez Louise its tuff enuff to find a real job and now with this BS out there amkes it even harder to trust any job site. My txt was from a Minnesota number. THERE EVERYWHERE THERE EVERYWHERE i think i remember from an old movie. Im glad i went onlone to check yhis out! David

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Manuel Taborda in Miami, Florida

52 months ago

Carolina33 in Dothan, Alabama said: I wish I would have read this a few weeks ago! I got the exact same text as everyone above has said. It is definitely a scam. They also keep telling me to call for a job, but it's a sales call.

Thank you for sharing your information. I too just received an email from the famous ANN!! I did a reverse look up on the phone number and it showed that it was a cell phone number from the Orlando area. When I originaly went to the web site I did start filling out the application but then became suspicious. I decided to back out of the website after I started to fill in the information but still received the text message. So, it is definetly hoax.

Haileyzmama in San Bernardino, California

52 months ago

I too recieved the text message, but it was from Kim...I hate when people wast my time!!! Craigslist and all the other are scams..It best to go to a companies web site...be sure the company is real!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

leejk in Los Angeles, California

52 months ago

Nice to know about jobnab.I have not receive these email taik about above,but thanks for the warning.
As far as craigslist,they need to do better job in screening who they allow on their website,so far I been lucking in finding real jobs sites.
CareerBuilder,Monster.com,Jobster.com I have no problems yet,if I do I let you know.

Thanks

jobrien in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

briana12 in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: My gosh, thank goodness for this board. I just received the same exact text as above. Obviously will avoid that website.

I just received the same message. thanks for this board, I would have signed up with this company. thanks

Call them! in Savannah, Georgia

52 months ago

Here's the email I received:

Terry Mullins, Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835
terry.mullins@jobnab.com

I did a Google map search on the address, and it's apparently for an Orlando Web Design and SEO Marketing Firm. It also brings up their phone number, which this site will not allow to be posted. Doesn't really matter since they won't answer the phone.

"Webster" in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

Oh, the company I applied to was A2z on my cell phone it said Careernetwork.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Penny Whistle in Flint, Michigan

52 months ago

My email... Dang, it looked so promising...

I saw the resume you recently posted online and noticed that you're looking for something in the Legal field.

I work with several companies in your area that are trying to fill Legal positions and would like to get your resume in front of them.

Terry Mullins, Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835
terry.mullins@jobnab.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Indianapolis, Indiana

52 months ago

I got the same text message yesterday at 4 pm good thing I checker it out on the web. It is a shame Hard working unemployed workers looking for jobs and we have to deal with all these scams. Someone really needs to do something about this.

Lisa in Indianapolis

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

DA in Kennesaw, Georgia

52 months ago

I got the same email today but from a different person --

Rachel Macri, Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835
rachel.macri@jobnab.com.

Thanks to all who posted this as a scam. I will be very careful going forward.

Ken in Casa Grande, Arizona

52 months ago

Thanks you guys for sharing those infomation.....I just recieve an email and its saying....

Dear Ken,

I saw the resume you recently posted online and noticed that you're looking for something in the field of Construction, Mining or Trades.

I work with several companies in your area that are trying to fill available positions and would like to get your resume in front of them.

Glenn Miller, Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835
glenn.miller@jobnab.com

at first, I almost get trick but then I go to google and search for jobnab.com.....The website was totaly SCAM SCAM SCAM. We all need to becareful before giving out the infomation.....Hope you all luck...

FS in Lynn, Massachusetts

52 months ago

freedom88 in Georgia said: Craigslist is another scam den. There are people there pretending to be looking for "Administrative Assistants" and "Office Clerks" but in fact only want you to check your credit reports. They all use gmail as email addresses and you almost always get an automated response. Craigslist need to get a better handle on those preying on people looking for legitimate work.

Also lots of "employment agencies" posting fake jobs just to test the market. They want to see where the job economy is still weak probably to pay less when real jobs are around. For example if 300 + candidates are still applying for fake jobs then that market is still weak. Also a cheap way to build their database. PSG, KForce and Accountemps are 3 who post fake jobs.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.