Job Scams

Comments (51 to 100 of 283)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

FS in Lynn, Massachusetts

60 months ago

Linkedin is also a half and half business website. Lots of people claim its the best place to post your resume. What did I get so far? Spam e-mails and phone calls from fake telephone numbers or "unknown Number" that don't leave messages.

anonymous in Knoxville, Tennessee

60 months ago

People should also beware of Bankers Life and Casualty Company. I got a call and an email today from two seperate people claiming to represent this company for a sales rep position and I decided to google and apparently this company has some suspect business practices. Best of luck to everyone searching for employment.

anonymous in Knoxville, Tennessee

60 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said:
I have no sales experience, nor do my resumes say anything about sales.

Same here. No sales experience and my resume is engineering related. That was one of the things that made their contact attempt kinda suspect.

Cris in Grand Haven, Michigan

60 months ago

I just recieved a text message from Kim at Jobnab.com..same as a lot of stories here. Glad I did a little research.. Thanks!

Aaron in Escondido, California

60 months ago

Cris in Grand Haven, Michigan said: I just recieved a text message from Kim at Jobnab.com..same as a lot of stories here. Glad I did a little research.. Thanks!

I just got a text from Kim today at well, I decided to google and saw this (knowing I never signed up w/ jobnab and was wondering how they got my number). I suspected a scam.

Mary 414 in Tempe, Arizona

60 months ago

Muhammad in Flushing, New York said: This is what i received in text message 30mins ago.
"Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

I just got the same thing but thought she was someone different so I did complete the form on line! I will let her know I am not interested! Thanks

Debra in Palm Harbor, Florida

60 months ago

Kathleen is at it again. I applied for a few jobs on different websites today and later recieved the following message from Kathleen.

Dear Debra,

I saw the resume you recently posted online and noticed that you're looking for something in Administrative Support.

I work with several companies in your area that are trying to fill Administrative Support positions and would like to get your resume in front of them.

To get started, go to www.jobnab.com and fill out our short application. I will be able to start matching you to available positions immediately.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kathleen Adams, Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
7635 Ashley Park Court, Suite 503
Orlando, FL 32835
kathleen.adams@jobnab.com

LorriLaBonne in Lawrenceville, Georgia

60 months ago

Now we've got a new "recruiter" in the mix: Kristie. I almost thought this was legit because I've been looking online for a teaching job. I guess I'd better be more careful... Here's my email.

Dear Lorri,

I saw the resume you recently posted online and noticed that you're looking for something in Education, Training or Library Services.

I work with several companies in your area that are trying to fill available positions and would like to get your resume in front of them.

To get started, go to www.jobnab.com and fill out our short application. I will be able to start matching you to available positions immediately.

Kristie Dyer, Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835
kristie.dyer@jobnab.com

EJ Anderson in Portland, Oregon

60 months ago

ChloeGirl in Orlando, Florida said: I am so glad that I checked here first - I just received an email from someone at jobnab named Kathleen. Here is the content.

I saw the resume you recently posted online and noticed that you're looking for something in Administrative Support.

I work with several companies in your area that are trying to fill Administrative Support positions and would like to get your resume in front of them.

Kathleen Adams, Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835

I also got a too similar Email from these guys- the only difference was ...something in the Manufacturing industry, and the name of Kristie Dyer as Recruiting Manager. Almost sounds like they cut & paste wherever needed to finish the same type email.

My biggest question is, how can someone from Florida help me find a Job in Portland?! Their info about "Job Scouts" says that they have these guys working in targeted areas of the country.

EJ Anderson in Portland, Oregon

60 months ago

LorriLaBonne in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Now we've got a new "recruiter" in the mix: Kristie. I almost thought this was legit because I've been looking online for a teaching job. I guess I'd better be more careful... Here's my email.

Dear Lorri,

I saw the resume you recently posted online and noticed that you're looking for something in Education, Training or Library Services.

I work with several companies in your area that are trying to fill available positions and would like to get your resume in front of them.

Kristie Dyer, Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835
kristie.dyer@jobnab.com

I ALSO got a Note from Kristie- the only difference was "something in the Manufacturing industry"- How can she in FL help me in Portland?!

Wilsonc14747 in Charlotte, North Carolina

60 months ago

Surprise, Anne has changed her name to Kim, and the scam goes on. If you have any 'internet savvy' at all you will not post anything other than a cell number or email on these open resume posting sites.

Samhail in Ionia, Michigan

60 months ago

Why would a legitimate employer that you have had no previous contact with send you a text? That is ridiculous. I keep getting "job offers" insurance companies that want to hire me to do sales! I've never done sales in my life and these guys send me an email every day and have called twice! A legitimate employer won't "hunt you down" if you don't express interest in their company. It just sucks, cause I need a job and its hard to find one without a computer.

sugahmama48 in North Richland Hills, Texas

60 months ago

I just received an email from "Glenn Miller" from Jobnab, with the same exact message everyone else seems to receive in their email. Thanks to everyone for posting and letting us know of just one more type of predator we need to be aware of.

GARY DOMAGALA in Brandon, South Dakota

60 months ago

Ruth in Aurora, Colorado said: Unfortunately there are scammers out there taking advantage of a downed economy by targeting people who desperately need a job. Please make sure to verify that the employers you're applying to are legitimate by checking them out with the Better Business Bureau at: www.bbb.org . Please beware that the job sites www.valuedemployee.com and www.jobnab.com are scams, they have no real jobs and are only there to collect your information for their own benefit. Good luck with your job search and be careful!

Anyone have any information on ABC Employment Services- I believe this is a scam also.
We need to rid all of these scammers . It is hard enough find a good job right know, not having these people wasting our time with bogus jobs. I would like to personally meet these scammers and let them know what I think.

sandra

60 months ago

I wish I had know sooner before I gave out any information. The website itsself is pretty convincing.

Roxanne in Colchester, Vermont

60 months ago

I just got the same email as Ken in Casa Grande, Arizona.

Dear Roxanne,

I saw the resume you recently posted online and noticed that you're looking for something in Advertising, Marketing or Public Relations.

I work with several companies in your area that are trying to fill Advertising, Marketing or Public Relations positions and would like to get your resume in front of them.

Glenn Miller, Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835
glenn.miller@jobnab.com

FIGHT BACK go to www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

ic3 stands for Internet Crime, it is a government agency that monitors these scams. All who got on this site were smart to do a search, but a lot of people are so desperate think of them that they fell for this. Report them today!!

Miss_Jones in Augusta, Georgia

60 months ago

I got a text from Kim 404 area code

Hi, I’m Kim; your resume matches a job I’m filling. If you register now at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you’re interested.

went to the site and it didn’t look right so I left it alone.

jack in Detroit, Michigan

60 months ago

Received this text message from Kim at Jobnab: Hi i'm Kim your resume matches a job i'm filling. if you register now we can discuss the details futher if you're interested. Area Code 513 never received a text message regarding a job filling didnt seem professional - Very glad to have found this site upon looking up the jobnab website...

Bettymc in Atlanta, Georgia

60 months ago

Ken in Casa Grande, Arizona said: Thanks you guys for sharing those infomation.....I just recieve an email and its saying....

Dear Ken,

I saw the resume you recently posted online and noticed that you're looking for something in the field of Construction, Mining or Trades.

JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835
glenn.miller@jobnab.com

at first, I almost get trick but then I go to google and search for jobnab.com.....The website was totaly SCAM SCAM SCAM. We all need to becareful before giving out the infomation.....Hope you all luck...

Dang. Glenn Miller is at it again. I got this, and guess what? I am not looking in Customer Service field; rather, something in the field of my bachelor's degree!!!
Here's the hype I got in the email---and I just signed up on LinkedIn yesterday, so I'm assuming they found me there:
Report AbuseDear Betty,

I saw the resume you recently posted online and noticed that you're looking for something in the Customer Service field.

I work with several companies in your area that are trying to fill Customer Service positions and would like to get your resume in front of them.

JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835
glenn.miller@jobnab.com

If you would prefer not to receive further notices from JobNab, please follow this link to unsubscribe.

ali in Franklin Park, New Jersey

60 months ago

They can't do anything with just your email right?

ali in Franklin Park, New Jersey

60 months ago

They cant do anything with just your email right?

bulldog luver73 in Waynesboro, Georgia

60 months ago

Bill in Belleville, Michigan said: I received the same text from 'Anne'
Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

just got the same,but from kim from a 404 area code... thanks for all who post on this board

bulldog luver73 in Waynesboro, Georgia

60 months ago

just got same message, but from kim @ a 404 area code.. thanks for all who post on this board

Reve' in Olathe, Kansas

60 months ago

"Webster" in Dallas, Texas said: Oh, the company I applied to was A2z on my cell phone it said Careernetwork.

yeah the information I got from them was on careernetwork too. Unlike most places you go through to apply for a job, this one kept offering me schooling, and even asked me why I did not want to futher my education when I replied I did not want information about futhering my education. And then they came accross and said that I fitted a job for jobnab as a scout. I had an "interview" scheduled today, and I think I'm gonna skip it. Thanks everyone for the post!

Jim in Sarasota, Florida

60 months ago

Pat in Madison, Wisconsin said: Also received identical cell phone text from anne @11:45c

Wheww! My text was from Kim, so I guess my offer is legit.

kb in Marietta, Georgia

59 months ago

Sad to say I fell for this scam and gave some of my info.... I didn't even research until now because I was so excited about an opportunity. I should have known when I got a text and replied back, but didn't get a response back. It's really messed up that people are out there taking advantage of the economy and "desperate" people who are in need of a job.

Someone in Plano, Texas

59 months ago

This is common guys. They are either selling low rent positions (like outsourcing) or are charging a fee to post a position. This has a couple of advantages. It build a large implicitly accepted marketing base for selling ads... like going back to school. Two-fold agenda, and neither cares about you. We are just warm bodies and email addresses, to either sell ad distribution or answer phones....

To find a real job, you have to check local listings, company websites and job fairs. Show the market that you are agressive and self motivated. Then the job search gets a little easier. Companies want employee actively seek employment (and by active they mean physically). Search engines for bodies were a scam from the begining.

FS in Lynn, Massachusetts

59 months ago

In Boston, MA you have to be connected to get a job. And lately it goes for all jobs.

Patandfritz in Alden, New York

59 months ago

I just got a text from Deb at Jobnab. Stoopidly I had just awakened and responded. I wish I hadn't. I did stop and come by here, but to late. Darn! I was freaking out and got up at 4 am. I just took a little nap and just wasn't thinking. My unemployment ran out and I am really going nuts here. Who is going to want to hire someone 61 years old :( What have I done now???

MrFabes in Morristown, New Jersey

59 months ago

I got sucked in by the whole thing, put up a job, was offered a Job Scout position and accepted it. Sat through two 90+min presentations on being a Jobscout without the basic common sense to google the website, I was just excited to be having a job ! Luckily I didnt give them any real information though I was planning on it. So stupid.

Dorita72 in Chesterfield, Virginia

59 months ago

just got a text from Kim! thank you google!!!! this is the third scam reply i have gotten today! first one was an email from Phillip at jobnab, then i get an email from philomena telling me to go to a site to fill out a questionnaire- that was something that ended up shooting me over to muchtext or something like that, then i get a text from kim at jobnab. all of them i replied to and told them to go f themselves.

this is really making me furious!!! I NEED A JOB!!!!!!

R.A in Opa Locka, Florida

59 months ago

I got text messages from jobnap as well. I reported them to the FTC. I suggested everyone else does to put a stop to this: www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

R.A in Opa Locka, Florida

59 months ago

I MEANT JOBNAB!

S.R. in Spring, Texas

59 months ago

I just got the same text from Deb at Jobnab.com saying the same thing.

Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

Unfortunately like many I got excited and I text her?? or him?? back saying that I was going to register on the site. Fortunately I google the site and all kinds of comments saying that this is a SCAM and did not register. It is important to to fall into this SCAMS, a serious recruiter will call you not send you a text message.

doesnt matter in Jamaica, New York

59 months ago

One of their other scam sites is "sterlingplacement.com"...no one that is trying to hire you is gonna text you, what a joke.

jwclark in Alexandria, Louisiana

59 months ago

i got one from kim @ 9:02 what a joke

titobarco in Decatur, Georgia

59 months ago

I recieved a text message from kim at 9:34am.Im glad I seen this page.Its a shame that companies have scams out here like this jobnab.com. When honest people really what to find jobs.

KP in Sterling Heights, Michigan

59 months ago

I received a text from Anne at 4:01pm. Thanks for putting this information out there.

Scott in New York, New York

59 months ago

Why isn't stuff like this that takes advantage of jobseekers illegal? I think because the government doesn't want you to know the real unemployment rate, and so counts any listing of a job, even phantom jobs or commission-only jobs, as their 'job creation.' This administration's economic and labor leaders are just as phony as the last one's (remember Elaine Chao, who said offshore outsourcing was good for America?)...

smileyallday in Htown, Texas

59 months ago

I received i message from deb:

Hi I'm Deb and based on oyur resume i Have a position in the your are the your qualification's match. You will need to get registered with jobnab.com and we will discuss the details then.

This came as a text message to my cell phone. I do have an open registration at monster, i was actually going to register for this site because i do need a job and ran across this site.

smileyallday in Htown, Texas

59 months ago

oh wow so they do have my information i applied for a job with sterlingplacement and by the end of the call they were trying to get me to register with school. I have already registerd myself with a school and explained that to the recruiter so I got scammed. Good thing there's not much they can do with my information like most of young america my crdit is already F'd up and can't be screwed up any more.

ROFL in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

59 months ago

yup just got that text today at 9am this morning. it was from a "Kim" with a 404 area code. i assume this is a scam because i currently reside in SC but i've been using my 404 cell phone to apply to jobs with. i guess "Kim" thought i still lived in Atlanta!

orangecat in Smyrna, Tennessee

59 months ago

Martin III in Saint Charles, Missouri said: I see a trend here! At 2:00, I got a text from the, one and only, Ann. Based on a resume, that I never posted online, I have a possible job, just waiting for me. I only have to register at jobnab.com, and then, only then I assume, the lovely Ann will talk to me about this "open" position. I'm glad I stumbled across this forum. she called on a cellphone based out of Memphis, TN.

I just got the exact message texted to me, but from Deb.

teacher in Memphis, Tennessee

59 months ago

Just received the famous text only from Debbie this time telling me to go to jobnab.com for a job posting. Interesting that I didn't send out my resume to anyone. The scam is still alive and well so beware! Thanks for the heads up or I would have been fooled too:-)

Glad4This Site

59 months ago

Got a text message from Deb at 10:17 this morning. I applied for a job online but did not post a resume. I guess the job I applied for was a hoax as well. UGH! Bad to the drawing board!!

Glad4ThisSite in Jackson, TN

59 months ago

Got a text message from Deb at 10:17 this morning. I applied for a job online but did not post a resume. I guess the job I applied for was a hoax as well. UGH! Back to the drawing board!!

amyusry in Greensboro, North Carolina

59 months ago

My email was from Amira Burton- Regional Recruiting Manager. Like an official, mucky-muck title will help. Sure glad I found this site! Thank you, and good luck on finding legitimate jobs!

MacDuff in Reading, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

MacKenzie in San Marcos, Texas said: I just got TWO text messages from Jobnab.com from a 512 area code. Glad I googled it first!

Me too! From a lady named "Deb" with a "646" area code which I didn't even bother to find out what state that is in. I am in PA.

MacDuff in Reading, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

Glad4ThisSite in Jackson, TN said: Got a text message from Deb at 10:17 this morning. I applied for a job online but did not post a resume. I guess the job I applied for was a hoax as well. UGH! Back to the drawing board!!

me too!! I am in PA

TA in Cheyenne, Wyoming

59 months ago

Glad I googled this JobNab. Just received a text from "Deb" with 702 area code. I had applied for a job through Yahoo Jobs. Since then I have gotten a call from a place letting me know about degree info and now this. I shoulda known it was a scam. I'm pretty sure mine are coming from the Yahoo. The other jobs I applied for I knew were legit through another site. Beware of Yahoo and P.S. F U SCAMMERS FOR PREYING ON PEOPLE!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.