Job Scams

Comments (101 to 150 of 283)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

TA in Cheyenne, Wyoming

59 months ago

Sorry it was a 720 area code.....

alybear in Fort Myers, Florida

59 months ago

ChloeGirl in Orlando, Florida said: I am so glad that I checked here first - I just received an email from someone at jobnab named Kathleen. Here is the content.

I saw the resume you recently posted online and noticed that you're looking for something in Administrative Support.

I work with several companies in your area that are trying to fill Administrative Support positions and would like to get your resume in front of them.

To get started, go to www.jobnab.com and fill out our short application. I will be able to start matching you to available positions immediately.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kathleen Adams, Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
7635 Ashley Park Court, Suite 503
Orlando, FL 32835

I received the same email 2 weeks ago, except it was from Phillip Turner, Regional Recruiting Manager. So glad I did not answer it!

lookin 4 deb in Brandon, Florida

59 months ago

how bout u give me ur information deb,what i look like registering with yall,i cant even get a phone call,better hope i dont google ur address and drive 45 mins on i4 ,and tear the whole place up messing with my emotions like that as hard as times are,lol.glad i came here and checked things out,hope every1 find a job and not a scam lke this,and if u do email me an application.

Job Scout prospect in Grand Rapids, Michigan

59 months ago

Confused in Kalamazoo, Michigan said: I am "working" for jobnab and the jobs I have found are legitimate jobs. I haven't received payment for the website and I do not know what happens to the applicants; all I know is I just find the jobs and they claim people on their website verify the jobs. I personally distrust jobnab more and more each day.

Sincerely,

Confused

Ok I was actually just literally about to call in for the training call. Thank GOD I found this. I kind of thought it sounded too good to be true. I will NOT be doing the training call at all. How long have you been working for Jobnab?

eliel Villalobos in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

Pat in Madison, Wisconsin said: Also received identical cell phone text from anne @11:45c

yeah i got the same text today. thanks for the post

brent in Mansfield, Texas

59 months ago

Got this today:

I saw your resume online and would like to let you know about a unique new job matching service called JobNab. We currently work with several companies in your area that are looking to fill Customer Service positions and think you may be interested.

To learn more please visit www.jobnab.com and complete our short application so that we can start matching you today.

JobNab is the first career site focused on the needs of the job seeker. We utilize a network of thousands of Job Scouts to find open positions across the country. We then match you to those positions based on preferences you set such as category, salary range, location, etc.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Amira Burton, Regional Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835
careerservices@jobnab.com

If you would prefer not to receive further notices from JobNab, please follow this link to unsubscribe.

CSmith in Muncy, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

Muhammad in Flushing, New York said: This is what i received in text message 30mins ago.
"Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

I just received this same text today July 1, 2010 in Williamsport, PA. Thanks for the heads up.

me in Kingsville, Texas

59 months ago

man i got the same txt from a 512 number but her name was debb not ann...such a trusting name..lol Im wondering how they get our cell numbers??

M in Portland, Oregon

59 months ago

Thanks to Google, & this blog, I didn't get duped with the following e-mail!

Hey Michael,

I saw your resume online and would like to let you know about a unique new job matching service called JobNab. We currently work with several companies in your area that are looking to fill Engineering positions and think you may be interested.

To learn more please visit www.jobnab.com and complete our short application so that we can start matching you today.

JobNab is the first career site focused on the needs of the job seeker. We utilize a network of thousands of Job Scouts to find open positions across the country. We then match you to those positions based on preferences you set such as category, salary range, location, etc.

JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835

Deb in florida in Longwood, Florida

59 months ago

Muhammad in Flushing, New York said: This is what i received in text message 30mins ago.
"Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

I also just received a text message from Jobnab.com Same exact info.what a scam.Everyone be careful out there.Check the company's website before applying for a job.Don't put sensitive information on your resume or on any unknown website.

Cortney in Red Oak, Texas

59 months ago

Haha omg, I got the same text from the infamous "Ann." Although, I was a dummy and registered before googling "jobnab.com"

Oh well. :(

michael sean perry in Braselton, Georgia

59 months ago

I just received a text message from "Kim" concerning my resume that she saw which matches a position she is filling. I wondered why someone would text me to register to a website to discuss details for a job if I'm interested. Why not just call or email me directly. Seemed kind of funny, so I checked here first

c sky in Akron, Ohio

59 months ago

Hello,

Received the same text message just minutea ago. Who sends text messages for job interviews? FLAG #1....

Weeny in San Antonio, Texas

59 months ago

I recieved a text message from Deb, saying the same thing as this Anne lady. Glad i googled the number and and saw this forum. I was with a friend at the time. And I could not remember if I applied some where that said jobnab. I called the number and it was a recording. They wanted me to register with them. I did not. I do not know how they go my information. Its really scary

Miss408 in San Jose, California

59 months ago

I just received a text that said, " Hi, I'm Kim, your resume matches a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested." Total Scam. Glad I checked first and everyone's story is matching.

Shiyen in Orlando, Florida

59 months ago

Report Jobnab and any other site to the companies who's logo's they are using like google and dreamworks. let their lawyers shut em down

SuperSerena in Columbia, South Carolina

59 months ago

Miss408 in San Jose, California said: I just received a text that said, " Hi, I'm Kim, your resume matches a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested." Total Scam. Glad I checked first and everyone's story is matching.

Crap... I went to the website because I have been applying to jobs like crazy... I'm not sure what they can do with my email and phone number... Did not give out any other information... It's sad with the economy the way it is people are getting scammed!

Hopfully Hoping in Horn Lake, Mississippi

59 months ago

Mike in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Wow thank goodness for this board. I just received the same exact text as above. Obviously will avoid that website.

I received a message from Kim....saying the exact thing....therefore I honestly now think it is a scam. Thanks for the Post Guys.

Babs in Temperance, Michigan

59 months ago

Ruth in Aurora, Colorado said: Unfortunately there are scammers out there taking advantage of a downed economy by targeting people who desperately need a job. Please make sure to verify that the employers you're applying to are legitimate by checking them out with the Better Business Bureau at: www.bbb.org . Please beware that the job sites www.valuedemployee.com and www.jobnab.com are scams, they have no real jobs and are only there to collect your information for their own benefit. Good luck with your job search and be careful!

I myself just received a text "Hi, I am Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling....etc" Luckly I started Googling jobnab and saw scam. Thank you for this board. Besides, a real employer wouldn't text you, the would call. This is a bunch of BS that there are people out there that pray on peeps that are desperatly seeking work. We dont need let downs like these kind of people. Again thank you for the heads up. Good luck to all that are seeking employment. It is a tough time out there!

fedup in Houston, Texas

59 months ago

Yeah, I got the same text except it was " Hi I'm Debi" I knew that it had to be a scam because if you are interested in my resume, tell me the position that you are filing, also why do I need to register for anything?

Bill in Belleville, Michigan said: I received the same text from 'Anne'
Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

"j,s" mom in Prattville, Alabama

59 months ago

I just got a text from jobnab today also new caller name is now KIM 504 area code. Glad i found this site.

Curious Cat in Jacksonville, Florida

59 months ago

I received an email like most of the ones above..."Hi, I'm Deb, your resume matches a job I'm filling in your area. Register now @ jobnab.com & we'll discuss the details if you're interested." the # it came from was 407-803-****.... Glad I use GOOGLE for everything! That's how I found the forum. Please continue to post on SCAMS, and encourage others to use GOOGLE for EVERYTHING!

The1ThatGotAway in Riverside, California

59 months ago

Stephanie in San Diego, California said: I found this forum actually doing a search on Jobnab. I have also posted my resume on Monster.com I have recieved 7 emails since I first registerd. I had a feeling to was a scam as they are in Florida, and I am in California. I am glad I searched about them prior to registering. I had this problem about a year or so back with CareerBuilder people would call my phone or emailing me with some kind of scam. Always check up on the compant prior to giving out info, often it can be more irritating, annoying then it is harmful they spam you with info.

You saved me from making a HUGE Mistake I was seconds from registering and this forum popped up (pheww) I feel lucky thank you

The1ThatGotAway in Riverside, California

59 months ago

Curious Cat in Jacksonville, Florida said: I received an email like most of the ones above..."Hi, I'm Deb, your resume matches a job I'm filling in your area. Register now @ jobnab.com & we'll discuss the details if you're interested." the # it came from was 407-803-****.... Glad I use GOOGLE for everything! That's how I found the forum. Please continue to post on SCAMS, and encourage others to use GOOGLE for EVERYTHING!

mine said "Hi, I'm Kim, your distinct resume matches a job I'm filling in your area. Register now @jobnab.com and we'll discuss the details if you're still interested." except this one came from a 424-832-0*** number

Robin - Aurora CO

59 months ago

Quote - Please beware that the job sites www.valuedemployee.com and www.jobnab.com are scams, they have no real jobs and are only there to collect your information for their own benefit. Good luck with your job search and be careful!

I am not trying to defend Jobnab, however, I actually have received legitimate responses from job postings that I applied to. I even exchanged a few e-mails with one company that is local to me. Initially, they are interested in hooking you up with a College, but they did send me some leads even though I talked to the College Recruiter and declined to sign up with them. I have been referred directly to the job sites to fill out applications so that makes me feel a bit more confident that my resume is getting to where it should be. I suppose there might be the possibility that they are mocking the real websites and it is actually just going back to them, but that seems to be pretty elaborate. I am still under employed at this time (since June 1) so they haven't been a HUGE help. But for the time being, they are at least helping me fulfill my required 5 applications a week for unemployment assistance.
Anyway - good luck out there everyone!
Robin

bigfred22 in Houston, Texas

59 months ago

I was not so fourtunate I gave out info before I realized that why would an employer need this info before I know if I got the job.So I let my need to work cloud my better judgement but If they think they are going to be better off with my info they may need to think again my credit is bad so to all the crooks out there good for you .Y ou might be better off with your own info and my wifes keeps allour money in a seperate account.

Robin - Aurora CO

59 months ago

I really dont think their purpose is to be crooks with our information. Their "scam" is to try to get you hooked up with their College Recruiters as far as I could tell. I think they get a kickback if you decide to take classes at the colleges they refer you to. I was on the phone for quite a while with the recruiter trying to get me to sign up. I finally just told him that I was going to think about it and if I decided to go that route I would call him back. I never heard from him again. I still received e-mails daily with new leads until the beginning of July. The daily e-mails stopped and now some of the jobs are considered PREMIUM. They want you to pay them to be able to apply for those jobs. They are charging like 49 cents, 59 cents, etc. Not all of the jobs listed are premium though so you dont have to pay for those. I dont know, I am on the fence as to whether it is truly a scam or not. I guess all we can do is just be weary about who gets our SSN (even then, we are never totally protected from Fraud since we are giving our name with middle initial, address, etc.) That is all a scammer really needs to be able to get access to your credit bureau information. I used to work for a Credit Card and Check approval company (remaining namesless) and there was a 17 year old kid that convinced our Sales Force that he was a legit business and needed access to run credit bureau's and credit cards so he got a machine from the company. The FBI was involved with this also because he ended up with over 32 identities, bank accounts and all just by going to clubs and talking to people. You never really know who you are talking to face to face or online. People that he talked to gave him enough information about themselves that he would check their credit and then open bank accounts under their names with his face on the ID. He even stoled Birth Certificates from a hospital to further his cause. That was technology back in the 80's!!

agueldanoemi@hotmail.com in Rancho Cucamonga, California

59 months ago

Bill in Belleville, Michigan said: I received the same text from 'Anne'
Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

Hi my name is Aguelda I'm interested in the position what time do you want me to come in or this just can I have the directions please

agueldanoemi@hotmail.com in Rancho Cucamonga, California

59 months ago

I'm Hispanic Bilingual um can I get your number so we can discuss about the job thank you have a nice day.

Pinkmama in Jacksonville, Florida

59 months ago

This is the same text I received... I'm so sick of getting scammed...

Otto in Chicago, Illinois

59 months ago

I just received a text very similar to that, Deb being who supposedly sent the text.

Gina in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

Wow. I got the same message. She said her name was Deb, I txted her back and told her she was a scam artist.

Gina in Denver, Colorado

59 months ago

I just received a txt from a Deb, she said, Hi, I'm Deb, your resume matches a job I'm filing in your area. Register now at jobnab.com & we'll discuss the details if your interested. I txted her back and told her not to txt me again. I told her she was a scam artist. I have her #. So she better not go there.

TRIANNA in Lancaster, California

59 months ago

Lisa in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I got the same text message yesterday at 4 pm good thing I checker it out on the web. It is a shame Hard working unemployed workers looking for jobs and we have to deal with all these scams. Someone really needs to do something about this.

Lisa in Indianapolis

MINZ CAME BY TEXT ON MY FONE GLAD U POSTED URS I NO ITS SCAM AN DIDNT DO IT.. THANK-YOU...

TRIANNA in Lancaster, California

59 months ago

I JUS REMARKD AB THE ONE LISA GOT SO THK-U CUZ WE DONT NEED PEOPLE OUT THER FALSAFYING A BUSNES AN HURTING INOCINT PPLE WHO NEEDS JOBS.. AND THEN GET SCREWD LATERS ON..

Deborah in Winchester, Virginia

59 months ago

I received the same text from Kim your resume matches a job I'm filling in your area. Register at jobnab.com and we'll discusee the details if you're interested.

CareerGuru in San Francisco, California

59 months ago

Google is your friend. Most of them use a standard format/greeting. Cut and copy it into Google and you'll often find out about it.

Charlotte in Lemoore, California

59 months ago

Not sure if this has already been posted but FYI that “Jobnab” is just one of several hundred domains tied to Alec Difrawi (AYMAN EL-DIFRAWI and other aliases). I would encourage everyone to check out his history related to employment services. Mr. Difrawi served time in federal prison for a previous employment scam.

Dee in Kissimmee, Florida

59 months ago

They're still at it!! This is what I received on June 25th.

I saw your resume online and would like to let you know about a unique new job matching service called JobNab. We currently work with several companies in your area that are looking to fill Administrative Support positions and think you may be interested.

Charles Lewis, Regional Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835

If you would prefer not to receive further notices from JobNab, please follow this link to unsubscribe.

Jake in Eureka Springs, Arkansas

59 months ago

Same old stuff.... new name. Thanks for the forum. I googled to be safe. BEWARE!

I saw your resume online and would like to let you know about a unique new job matching service called JobNab. We currently work with several companies in your area that are looking to fill Advertising, Marketing or Public Relations positions and think you may be interested.

JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835

Amber in Seattle, Washington

59 months ago

"Anne" sent the same text to me. I'm glad I decided to look in to jobnab and came upon this site. I thought it was a little weird that a potential position was falling into my lap via text message! My resume is posted on CareerBuilder, Indeed, &/ Monster. It will be coming down shortly.

cmjjerickson@yahoo.com in Puyallup, Washington

59 months ago

I just received the same text from Anne @ Jobnet.com with an area code of 213, which I know is in Los Angeles becuase I used to live there and felt weird about someone in LA trying to recruit me for a job in Washington State and immediatly googled and found all this info. I also replyed to the text and told them to remove me from their database and to not contact my # again. Thank you for posting

Nikki in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

As if finding a job isn't hard enough. These scam people are seriously like the most evil of evil....I've gotten the 20 calls in 1 day starting at 7 going til 11 I've gotten the text messages and also the thousands of bs emails. I give up on internet searching for jobs I'm going back to doing it the old way and going to places with my resume in hand and a smile on my face. It never let me down before. Just had to vent. Good luck everyone.

albita in Pooler, Georgia

59 months ago

Pat in Madison, Wisconsin said: Also received identical cell phone text from anne @11:45c

I recieved the same text, thanks for all sharing this information cause i thought it was real

scambuster in Suwanee, Georgia

59 months ago

Got a text from this number
"Hi, I' Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com, we can discuss the details if you're interested."
SCAM!!

My info is not posted publicly so was skeptical at the start. Besides who texts this type of info instead of calling or email?

ANN in Auburn, Washington

59 months ago

I just received the same email on 07/20/10. Google the number and it's a scam.

ANN in Auburn, Washington

59 months ago

I received the same email on 07/20/10.

FS in Lynn, Massachusetts

59 months ago

Add Aflac Ins. to the list. I get an e-mail from them to attend an "open house". I wonder is it for a salesmen???????????

mister.moody@hotmail.com in Nashville, Tennessee

59 months ago

Glad I Googled that bad boy first. Thanks guys for all your comments. I had made it all the way to where they emailed me a I9 to fill out and return to them for payroll purposes. I sent them fake info and everything else I could think of bogus style!

Me in Salina, Kansas

59 months ago

Thanx to all who have taken the time to warn us about jobnab.com. I also just got text from Anne. Tried reverse # search & BBB.net search with no results, then ran across this site. THANK YOU!!!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.