Job Scams

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 283)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

john in Oakland, California

60 months ago

Mike in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Wow thank goodness for this board. I just received the same exact text as above. Obviously will avoid that website.

wow! me too, i got the same text message... thank God i didn't fall for that one. =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bridget in Jacksonville, Florida

60 months ago

I received a text from "Deb" with jobnab.com. Flag jumped and I googled them. So glad that I looked into it!! Great info out there on the scams. We have to keep educated on this crap and it's such a shame.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

TakaraDavis in Lagrange, Georgia

60 months ago

They emailed me the same thing and its so shameful that ppl are really out to scam.

AC in Englewood, Colorado

60 months ago

Muhammad in Flushing, New York said: This is what i received in text message 30mins ago.
"Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

I recieved the same text. From Anne.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kimber93 in Newburgh, New York

60 months ago

Muhammad in Flushing, New York said: This is what i received in text message 30mins ago.
"Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

I JUST now got this exact text message from a 917 area code. I am so glad I googled them first. SOOOOOOOO aggravating for people who are seriously trying to find a job, that these A$$HOLES are out there!! WTF?!?!

Frustrated Admin Assistant in Baltimore, Maryland

60 months ago

I received a text message this morning from a "Deb" stating the same information from the email comments. I too appreciated all of your comments!

realangel in Houston, Texas

60 months ago

Please Contact the Attorney General in your Respective states and let them know what's going on to innocent people looking for a job and running into scams. This is the second time I've heard of theses scams going on, their are many more.....

realangel in Houston, Texas

60 months ago

Bridget in Jacksonville, Florida said: I received a text from "Deb" with jobnab.com. Flag jumped and I googled them. So glad that I looked into it!! Great info out there on the scams. We have to keep educated on this crap and it's such a shame.

Hey, got the same text from a Deb.....I'm in Texas, I am going to get in touch with my Attorney General. We have been hit with a terrible blow of losing jobs, money, and dignity. Now to have to put up with scams and protecting a job application..I hate this, I hate this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helen in Austin, Texas

60 months ago

MacKenzie in San Marcos, Texas said: I just got TWO text messages from Jobnab.com from a 512 area code. Glad I googled it first!

I got one from Deb this afternoon. I thought it strange that they would text and then tell you to register so I thought to google first. So glad I did.

MRS MOORE in Cedarburg, Wisconsin

60 months ago

I RECEIVED A TEXT MESSAGE TODAY. AND IT READ: HI,I'M DEB, YOUR RESUME MATCHES A JOB I'M FILLING IN YOUR AREA. REGISTER NOW AT JOBNAB.COM AND WE'LL DISCUSS THE DETAILS IF YOU'RE INTERESTED. THE FUNNY THING IS SHE TEXTED ME FROM A CHICAGO AREA CELL PHONE AND I LIVE IN WISCONSIN. I KNEW THIS WAS A SCAM THATS WHY I IGNORED IT. BUT I WANTED TO DOUBLE CHECK JUST TO MAKE SURE. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WITH YOUR JOB SEARCH.

RU in Metuchen, New Jersey

60 months ago

Yea I got the same thing, searched and this came up. Glad I did

chunter in Dallas, Texas

59 months ago

Mike in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Wow thank goodness for this board. I just received the same exact text as above. Obviously will avoid that website.

I did to!!! Thanks for the web site!

Terri in Memphis, Tennessee

59 months ago

AD in Hixson, Tennessee said: I received the exact same text from Ann that everyone else did about two hours ago!! Good thing i found this forum first. The number the text came from was from a 901 area code. They are not getting any of my info!

901 is Memphis. I live near there. I got a text from "Kim" from a 504 area code. Um, don't text meeee!!!!! >:(

Tim in Columbia, Maryland

59 months ago

Bradley in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: This is not correct they are real jobs. You fill out the application it is placed in the Company's box. A scam is when you have to pay for employment like the company called realjobs.com

They do actually charge for job listings, 39c to 99c. And yes that is a scam as they actually try to employ people to scour the web looking for job openings.

J in Atlanta, Georgia

59 months ago

ditto!!!!!

Abused by scammers in Spokane, Washington

59 months ago

Cancelled my 8 AM interview this morning...simply did not call in...I don't know what this is all about, but sure seems phishy!!! Are there any good job search sites anymore where you confidential information is not at risk of being compromised?

courtney in Shepherdsville, Kentucky

59 months ago

Jobnab.com is not a scam. You work off commission. You have to work hard to post your jobs through the company first and then post the jobs on free websites that refer back to jobnab.com. This is how you get paid by employees paying for the jobs that you have reviewed. I have only worked for jobnab.com for a week but found it legit so far and have had 2 questions answered by my manager already. Maybe you say it's a scam because you actually to work for it.

hello in Omaha, Nebraska

59 months ago

"Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab .com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

OMG> I received the same one. They also called me too. Thanks god I didn't give them any confidential info. obviously now iam bothered by them by fone and emails already.

STEPHANIE in Phoenix, Arizona

59 months ago

I JUST RECIEVED THE SAME TEXT MESSAGE. THANKFULLY I GOOGLED JOBNAB.COM AND GOT THIS SITE! THE NUMBER THAT TEXT ME WAS A 424 NUMBER.

D in Charleston, Illinois

59 months ago

I'm so glad I decided to google this JOBNAB.COM As many of you I just recieved a text from "Ann". I used anywho.com to look up the number and it came from a cell phone listed in Cook County, IL Chicago. Thanks to everyone who posted something on this site.

iggy in Cranford, New Jersey

59 months ago

looks like Ann et al has an accomplice I mean co-worker named David offering the same scam err opportunity.

By job scout, they mean someone that searches other websites, collects job info and posts it in jobnabs database. At least this is what I'm thinking based on an offer from another site to be a job scout.

blooestblues in Gilbert, Arizona

59 months ago

i did too!!! such a scam.!

Electryone in Kennesaw, Georgia

59 months ago

Anne now has a partner name Kim with a 404 area code. Because I received the same text today.

Ema Jima in Mattoon, Illinois

59 months ago

I have got the same txt twice in a row. "Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested." Why would ppl do this

Wha? in Jonesboro, Georgia

59 months ago

I just got a text from a woman named "Kim." It's terrible that this is a scam. I'm recent out of work college grad, I was hoping this was real. Thanks so much for this site.

yvet in San Jose, California

59 months ago

WOW i just got the same text message from ann glad when i started to to checkout the website on google it came up with jobnab.com scam and i clicked on that first and saw all these posts.

Disgruntled employee in Fort Worth, Texas

59 months ago

Got an email from a Richard with Jobnab.com. Glad i check this board. Thanks guys!! Sounds like what they're trying to "nab" is your info. Jerks! LOL

ruthncls in Springfield, Missouri

59 months ago

I got the same e-mail, but from "David Kerns, Regional Recruiting Manager. I was about to fill out the application, but something inside me told me to google it first. Glad I did! He's out of Orlando, Florida.

ruthncls in Springfield, Missouri

59 months ago

I got the same e-mail from "David Kerns, Regional Recruiting Manager" from Orlando, Florida. I was about to fill out the application, but something inside me told me to google it first. So glad I did!

Jennfier in Tatum, New Mexico

59 months ago

I just got the same darn email but from Charles Lewis!
I am SOOOO GLAD i Googled jobnab and found this!

Hey Jennifer,

I saw your resume online and would like to let you know about a unique new job matching service called JobNab. We currently work with several companies in your area that are looking to fill Administrative Support positions and think you may be interested.

To learn more please visit www.jobnab.com and complete our short application so that we can start matching you today.

JobNab is the first career site focused on the needs of the job seeker. We utilize a network of thousands of Job Scouts to find open positions across the country. We then match you to those positions based on preferences you set such as category, salary range, location, etc.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Charles Lewis, Regional Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
7635 Ashley Park Court, Suite 503
Orlando, FL 32835
careerservices@jobnab.com

Please do not Reply to this email. If you have any questions or concerns, or if you just need help registering, please visit www.jobnab.com/help for assistance.

sweetl74 in Muncie, Indiana

59 months ago

I just got the same text message and google the company and came across this forum..I'm not looking for a job so I was just wondering how they got my resume. I haven't been looking for a job for a longtime. It said it was from "ANNE" also. Don't give them any information. I have been scammed so many times, that I look up the companies before anything.

Thanks

Ron in Lookout Mountain, Georgia

59 months ago

I just got the same message. I can't believe these people would try and scam people looking for work such as myself.
It is hard enough and then you have these people trying to scam people. The Devil will take care of them soon enough.

rmrmoje in Roscoe, Illinois

59 months ago

I just got the same e-mail thanks for all the information

kapini in Portland, Oregon

59 months ago

Just got a job post emailed to me through indeed. The company name was listed as 'confidential.' This was my first tip-off, as this has never happened before (and why would an employer want to remain unknown?). I go to look at the description and it asks me to apply through a third party website. That's right, it was the infamous jobnab! Thank you all for your posts about this site, as my gut said scam, but it came from a legit site, so I was unsure. Happy trails.

tmthomas in Canton, Texas

59 months ago

I recived the same text! I felt it odd I had to register to get info on the job. if she already had my number she would just call and tell me about it.

Niella in New York, New York

59 months ago

I just got the email this morning from David Kerns saying the same thing that they have openings in florida and to join Jobnab and a few hours later I got the text message from Deb asking me to join jobnad because they have a job for me lmao its sad that one cannot post their resume out there to get a job because of these people. Happy I checked it out before I went to the website.

alex in Kannapolis, North Carolina

59 months ago

It is a SCAM, real employers will give you call on the phone to talk to you and make an appointment for an interview, you can also state this info in your resume as primarily contact so you avoid tons of email trying to get your info.

Steve

58 months ago

There are about 50 different companies coming from that street addtress, search the address and phone numbers they use instead of the name...you will see complaints galore.

Angie Leischner in Auburn, Washington

58 months ago

MacKenzie in San Marcos, Texas said: I just got TWO text messages from Jobnab.com from a 512 area code. Glad I googled it first!

I had the same thing.

Angie Leischner in Auburn, Washington

58 months ago

FS in Lynn, Massachusetts said: Also lots of "employment agencies" posting fake jobs just to test the market. They want to see where the job economy is still weak probably to pay less when real jobs are around. For example if 300 + candidates are still applying for fake jobs then that market is still weak. Also a cheap way to build their database. PSG, KForce and Accountemps are 3 who post fake jobs.

I agree with you, it's the same job title and information and all thedo is change the job # so it updates the job and shows the job was posted 2hours ago or 2 days ago. Account Temps just wants to give to hope and then tries to sell you thier benefits, never once received a job from them with 5 months of searching.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

cornteo@live.com

58 months ago

lila in Hammond, Indiana said: I got the same text message today, but it was from "Ann", without the e. it came from a Chicago cell phone. :(

Well here is a new one. Kim from jobnab just contacted me with a job. Her number was a Louisana number and i am in Memphis, TN. I poscornteoted my resume on hotjob.com. I am glad i googled it too.

J in Cocoa Beach, Florida

58 months ago

I got the same email & will not answer it. Last week saw job with "correct" title I was looking for but (1) it was too vague in its job description (2) had inappropriate keywords in its job description. So I decided to call the advertiser, National Staffing Services, & inquire. There is a legitimate local company in my town with that name, but they were not the ones who placed the ad and they are apparently completely un-affiliated with this scam. Kept checking & found out the "National Staffing Services" placing the ad is in New York. Called them & they "couldn't tell me anything" about the job. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Stupidly, I ignored my instincts and applied online anyway (really want to work). At end of app I was instructed to call for an "interview." During the interview I became suspicious of inappropriate questions, particularly ones prospecting to set me up with a bogus "career college." I ended the so-called "interview" thankful that I had not given them my info.

Today I received the same email that's mentioned many times on this site. Importantly, I NEVER post my resume on the internet, exactly because I want to avoid these scammers. So they did NOT, as they claim, see my resume posted on the internet. Chances are great that the bogus ad I had answered gave them my info.

I advise, be very careful of ads from National Staffing Services. Inquire whether the ad is placed by the LEGITIMATE agency with that name or by the bogus agency using that name.

Rayna1109 in Joliet, Illinois

58 months ago

Mayhem in Lubbock, Texas said: DUDE!! i got the EXACT same message!!! then I got a lil suspicious...I googled Jobnab.com and ran across this forum...WOW, i cant believe people are so devious....SO I Txt annie back, and told her I actually very recently just started my own adult entertainment business and I needed to recruit "fresh" talent...I asked if she would be intrested....Hope thats not too bad.....thhhehehehehe

That is great reply. I rec'd the same message today and was a little suspicious.

Lynnette in Phoenix, Arizona

58 months ago

I just registered! BEFORE I found this web site! This is the only site I've been to that will text me - automatically. Someone out there, please let me know how to stop this. The site says to text STOP to 56030. However, I don't know how to text!! Will someone please tell me, so I can stop this before it starts?? I will check back on the site frequently. Thanks!

GDMC in Greeley, Colorado

58 months ago

when you say to text STOP to 56030, what is the 56030? I just answered the text with STOP.

Sassy211000 in Kissimmee, Florida

58 months ago

Confused in Kalamazoo, Michigan said: I am "working" for jobnab and the jobs I have found are legitimate jobs. I haven't received payment for the website and I do not know what happens to the applicants; all I know is I just find the jobs and they claim people on their website verify the jobs. I personally distrust jobnab more and more each day.

Sincerely,

Confused

I'am interested in working for this company,i would like to know why is it that you distrust Jobnab more and more every day? I also want to know what you mean by you haven't received payment for the website?

ken292 in San Diego, California

58 months ago

ChloeGirl in Orlando, Florida said: I am so glad that I checked here first - I just received an email from someone at jobnab named Kathleen. Here is the content.

I saw the resume you recently posted online and noticed that you're looking for something in Administrative Support.

I work with several companies in your area that are trying to fill Administrative Support positions and would like to get your resume in front of them.

To get started, go to www.jobnab.com and fill out our short application. I will be able to start matching you to available positions immediately.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kathleen Adams, Recruiting Manager
JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835

Put us to work for you! Its time to take advantage of the fastest growing job matching service on the net. Every day JobNab's network of over 10,000 job scouts could be finding Transportation or Warehouse jobs for you in over 250 major cities across the country.

Register at the link below and let us take the work out of finding work.

www.jobnab.com

Sincerely,

Allison Stevenson, Regional Hiring Manager
JobNab, Inc.

ken292 in San Diego, California

58 months ago

OK!! What I" need to know is? Who is the real deal???
Indeed, Jobbing.com, Snagajob.com,jobswire.com,jobfox.com,
job buzzizer.com,buildacareer.com, jobnab.com

When I" first started my job hunt"It started with jobbing.com
And the next thing I" know after puting in my app, or pick one
to put a app,I" get sent to one of the these links???

!/2 of them dont even get back to you!

lori59 in Denver, Colorado

57 months ago

freedom88 in Georgia said: Craigslist is another scam den. There are people there pretending to be looking for "Administrative Assistants" and "Office Clerks" but in fact only want you to check your credit reports. They all use gmail as email addresses and you almost always get an automated response. Craigslist need to get a better handle on those preying on people looking for legitimate work.

I have been a victim of such scam. I report to Craiglists, but never have received feed back.

irritated in Grand Prairie, Texas

57 months ago

i just recieved a text from a 504 (new orleans) area code saying "Hi, I'm Kim,your resume matches a job I'm filling in your area. Register now at jobnab.com & we'll discuss the details if you're interested".......firstly if you can text me, you should be able to call me, secondly im concerned with the phrasing of "im filling in your area" rather than "we're/our company/the name of the company looking to fill in your area, thirdly why not mention the job title, where my resume was obtained, or the company? So not into this site, didnt bother to register. if you've already reviewed my resume then there should be a follow up call not a solicitation to sign up through yet ANOTHER search site.

text message, really????

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.