Job Scams

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 283 of 283)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

JJ in Raleigh, North Carolina

42 months ago

I saw your resume online and think you'd be a perfect fit for the Accounting position I'd like to fill. I work with many companies in your area who are looking for someone with your experience. Use the link below to confirm your interest and learn more about the position:

JobNab.com

Shortly after your registration is completed successfully, you will be contacted with the next step in the process.

Thank you,

Angela Brown
Regional Recruiting Manager

JobNab, Inc.
7635 Ashley Park Court, Suite 503
Orlando, FL 32835

Same thing here pals!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

gg in Houston, Texas

42 months ago

I just received this text message from an Austin area phone number:

Hi (myname), based on your resume, you match a job I'm filling. Register at jobnab.com and we can discuss it if you are interested.

I went right to my computer and searched jobnab.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shree in Waukegan, Illinois

42 months ago

Muhammad in Flushing, New York said: This is what i received in text message 30mins ago.
"Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

okay mine had everything yours had, but they didn't even have the decency to provide a name....I'm like who is this. What is this a shy employer or something....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ripley in Kent, Washington

42 months ago

What really got me suspicious was the text, it was from Louisiana, with no name attached. I have also received several emails from jobnab...for a Construction job...I have never worked in construction! Or, how about the one that just happens to have the same LAST NAME as me? Isn't it difficult enough to live on employment without these people trying to make it worse?

ripley in Kent, Washington

42 months ago

What really got me suspicious was the text, it was from Louisiana, with no name attached. I have also received several emails from jobnab...for a Construction job...I have never worked in construction! Or, how about the one that just happens to have the same LAST NAME as me? Isn't it difficult enough to live on employment without these people trying to make it worse?

veronica in San Diego, California

41 months ago

Muhammad in Flushing, New York said: This is what i received in text message 30mins ago.
"Hi, I'm Anne, based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. If you register at jobnab.com we can discuss the details if you're interested."

I just received the exact same text message...luckily I googled jobnab and found this site first.

Amy in Lawrenceville, Georgia

41 months ago

I just got the same text message, minus the "Hi, I'm Anne" part, and it was from a 512 area code. I'm amazed they've been operating under the same name for over a year now.

nyl in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

They keep sending me emails for a Administrative Support position. I am way over qualified for that type position. I googled them and found this page.
Here is an investigative report on this company under the Career Network name www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RN-MfY9EUE and www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjtIoWL8mhM&feature=related

If you put them in Youtube in an of their variety of names, you get a kinds of videos about the scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tess in Calhoun, Georgia

41 months ago

dave in Durham, Connecticut said: I just got the same thing so when I seen this I looked at the jobnab scam when I GooGle it . and I am glade I did , it save me time from going any futher . Thank you all for thios information

I jsut got the same test message today... glad to see all of these posts. Thank you all dearly.

Tess in Calhoun, Georgia

41 months ago

I received the text message this morning with no name on it that stated I have matched the criteria for a posting they are trying to fill and wanted me to register on jobnab.com with an Atlanta number of 404 area code. I had replied asking what kind of job it was and did not receive anything thus far. But then I saw all of these posts, I am glad I looked. Thank you all

Sharon Perry in Connecticut

41 months ago

Add this web address to the scams list; jobs-to-careers.com they get you to fill out a bunch of crap for a company in your area, then click continue which sends you to that companies website where you are informed they don't have any jobs available in your area. What a waste of time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brenda in Kansas City, Missouri

41 months ago

I just got this e-mail from JobNab.com:

Report AbuseHi Brenda,

JobNab has over 20,000 job scouts in over 250 markets focused on finding the right job for each of our members. Based on a review of your experience in the Administrative Support field, we believe that we have the ideal job for you.

Please visit the link below to register and we will contact you shortly with the next step in the process.

JobNab.com

Thank you,

Jared Murphy
Human Resources, JobNab

JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, FL 32835

I am so glad that I decided to research them before going to there site! This is the very 1st thing that came up when I Googled them, and I am glad that I read it! I have only posted my resume on Indeed & Careerbuilder, so they had to have gotten my e-mail address from 1 of these 2 sites.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Terry in Kennesaw, Georgia

41 months ago

Got the same canned message. I replied with "need more info about you before you get it from me". No response.

Gracie in Chicago in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

lila in Hammond, Indiana said: I got the same text message today, but it was from "Ann", without the e. it came from a Chicago cell phone. :(

I got the same text message today but it was addressed to me, thats crazy. It came from a 312 (Chicago) area code.

AMK in Colorado Springs, Colorado

41 months ago

I got the same text message today!! Thought it was odd for someone to text me about a job so I googled it and found all the info about it being a scam!! Thank goodness I did this before registering!!

BTnny811 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

40 months ago

True, an employer can call you. But you still have to be so careful. I received a call from an recruiter working for an employment agency in Florida stating that a medical office in Colorado Springs was hiring and liked my resume alot. But he also stated that they were not requiring face to face interviews. Ha! That was my 1st flag but I continued listening to him and then he stated that he wanted to get my background check started and a drug screen form filled out so when he asked me for my social, I froze. But I refused to give it to him over the phone. To throw me off-guard, he kept saying that "time was of the essence." At that point, he said he understood but he would email me the documentation for me to fill out and return to him and that I could have a chance to research it all before I responded. The forms did look legitimate. I called the drug screen lab and they were legitimate, also, then I googled the employment agency and it matched the phone # and the address listed on his signature lines but the recruiter never called me back or emailed me again. So be careful because he got my resume from careerbuilder.com. Ever since then, I refuse to use that website and I'm leaving off my street address off my resume. I only list my email address and phone#. I hardly even trust monster.com and I'm only working with local staffing agencies and the state employment agency.

nyl in Tinley Park, Illinois

40 months ago

@BTnny811: I did get a legitmate project over the phone from an out of state agency with a company based in their state with an office in my state. However, I did a phone interview with the company before the agency asked me for any personal information. And I researched the agency before we got to that point. I have gotten a few projects with phone interviews only...usually for offsite work. But you should always do your homework.

BTnny811 in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: True, an employer can call you. But you still have to be so careful. I received a call from an recruiter working for an employment agency in Florida stating that a medical office in Colorado Springs was hiring and liked my resume alot. But he also stated that they were not requiring face to face interviews. Ha! That was my 1st flag but I continued listening to him and then he stated that he wanted to get my background check started and a drug screen form filled out so when he asked me for my social, I froze. But I refused to give it to him over the phone. To throw me off-guard, he kept saying that "time was of the essence." At that point, he said he understood but he would email me the documentation for me to fill out and return to him and that I could have a chance to research it all before I responded. The forms did look legitimate. I called the drug screen lab and they were legitimate, also, then I googled the employment agency and it matched the phone # and the address listed on his signature lines but the recruiter never called me back or emailed me again. So be careful because he got my resume from careerbuilder.com. Ever since then, I refuse to use that website and I'm leaving off my street address off my resume. I only list my email address and phone#. I hardly even trust monster.com and I'm only working with local staffing agencies and the state employment agency.

Sharon Perry in Connecticut

40 months ago

Funny thing is, I got an alert from Indeed for a job in my area with Ebay...Then I got the exact same email from jobnab....Are there any real jobs out there?

Sharon Perry in Florida

39 months ago

I have text messaging blocked so I don't get all that crap. If someone wants to call or email me that is the only way they will get me. Jobnab is just one of the many scams out there.

Maria

38 months ago

MacKenzie in San Marcos, Texas said: I just got TWO text messages from Jobnab.com from a 512 area code. Glad I googled it first!

I thought it was suspicious getting a text, so I'm glad I googled it first. Same message it seems everyone else is getting and this one is from a 512 area code.

Anna in Spring Grove, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

THANK YOU FOR THIS MESSAGE BOARD. Looking for a job and this is what I received from JobNab.com today. All we are trying to do is feed our family and this is what scams we get!

Hi Anna,
I saw your resume online and you would be perfect fit for the Health Care position I am trying to fill. I work with many companies in your area who are looking for someone with your experience. Use the link below to confirm your interest and learn more about the position.

JobNab. Com

Shortly after your registration is completed successfully, you will be contacted with the next step in the process.

Thank you,
William Hendricks
Human Resources, JobNab

JobNab, Inc.
Orlando, Florida 32835

TG in New Braunfels, Texas

38 months ago

MacKenzie in San Marcos, Texas said: I just got TWO text messages from Jobnab.com from a 512 area code. Glad I googled it first![/QUOTE
Im from New Braunfels and I just recieved a text message from jobnab.com with the 512 area code. and so I also googled it first, glad I did!

Ray in Fayetteville, North Carolina

37 months ago

someone just texted me with a 404 area code, googled the phone number it was for a trucking company in GA and it told me to register at job nab.com to apply for the job, but it didn't say who they were, how they got my info, or what the job was, they just wanted me to register at the site so we could discuss the position. glad i looked it all up before i did it

Ben Parkinson in San Mateo, California

37 months ago

Got the same email. Gave them my contact info but later checked and sure enough, it was a scam. Beware any company that wants to hire you yesterday.

Michele-Noël In Atlanta, GA.

35 months ago

I received a text from Jobnab.com from a local number this am, 10/10/2011. So, I went to Google it as I thought it was odd that a legitimate recruiter, human resources person for a company would text me instead of calling. It showed articles that jobnab is in fact a scam. This is very alarming & disheartening that persons are out there taking advantage of persons out of work and desperately seeking employment. I agree someone needs to do something about this!

frankensense in Warwick, Rhode Island

35 months ago

nyl in Chicago, Illinois said: They keep sending me emails for a Administrative Support position. I am way over qualified for that type position. I googled them and found this page.
Here is an investigative report on this company under the Career Network name www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RN-MfY9EUE and www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjtIoWL8mhM&feature=related

If you put them in Youtube in an of their variety of names, you get a kinds of videos about the scam.

Yep! Same people - they were based out of Orlando and had gotten into some trouble with this. They had a whole bunch of other names that they ran under. I remember seeing a lot of postings by them back when I was job hunting in 2009 and ran across reviews of what they actually did. Apparently they bring people in for bulk interviews under the guise of what you had actually applied for (like administrative assistant, etc). When you arrive they tell you that they had just filled that position and ask if you'd be willing to interview for another opening. The job they end up putting you in is telemarketing for one of those for-profit colleges that advertise on television.

Good to know what their new name is, so I can avoid postings by them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michele-Noël In Atlanta, GA.

35 months ago

I received this morning, 10/10/2011 a text from jobnab. Saying what others said theirs read...based on your resume you match a job I'm filling. I too, Google it and several comments had been posted that they were a scam. It came from a local number in Atlanta I texted them back and told them don't contact me again I'm aware that jobnab is a scam. I'm going to contact my provider & see if they can be reported somehow. I agree with many of you something needs to be done about this.

tom in Lawrenceville, Georgia

35 months ago

Mike in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Wow thank goodness for this board. I just received the same exact text as above. Obviously will avoid that website.

"Hi Tom, based on your resume, you match a job I'm filling. Register at jobnab.com and we can discuss if you're interested." - just received this today

teebird84 in Clovis, California

34 months ago

Hi everyone thanks for all the comments some of the postings I could relate to the only info they got from me was my resume which is online for legitamite companies. I plan on unsubscribing to jobnab.com ASAP it is a shame that people are doing this. I am searching on careernettwo because they txted me today talking bout contact them an left a phone number making sure my info was correct before they sent it to company. now i think about all this i wonder why it is a healthcare position and no title of place with phone number or address. thanks again

Emily in Johnson City, Tennessee

34 months ago

WOW I got the same email as everyone else but I went to the website before I investigated and I also received a text message with a number to call at an appointed time I selected on the website. The thing is the website looks to be the real deal not like some I have came across.
Also have been scammed by the craigslist advertisers do not reply to the craigslist email address, only reply to email addresses in the ad that look ligit or other contact information. These scammers got into my email account and sent emails to every email contact I had and email addresses I had communicated with but hadn't saved; Including prospective employers who had emailed concerning jobs. I was humiliated and had to send apology emails to everyone explaining the circumstances.
Its a shame people taking advantage of people who are just trying to gain employment. I search everyday and I find things like these more than ligit job advertisements..

teebird84 in Clovis, California

34 months ago

wow Emily i am shocked I didn't know evryone in your email list got contacted that didnt happen to me. Right after I figured it was a scam I had them blocked from my email account and I never listed any references which I believe helped. Your right it is a shame what people are doing to those who are seeking emplyment now. Since I deleted these scammers along with a few others I have finally been getting real employeers interested in me and i search websites and peoples names now before taking next step in application process.

Me in White Plains, New York

32 months ago

now...where did they get my information from?

MD in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

27 months ago

Also go the the State of Florida's website and file a complaint with their Consumers Complaint area...I'm sure Florida doesn't want to be remembered for some horrid scam company!!! also if you are on the DoNotCallList...report them!!!

You can file complaints and sometimes sue. Check the NACA site online for an attorney in your area...
"Congress passed the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”), 47 U.S.C. §227, to curtail the use of automated dialers and prerecorded messages to cell phones without the permission of the consumer. Notwithstanding the passage of the TCPA, many businesses have harassed consumers by placing literally dozens and sometimes hundreds of telephone CALLS to CELL PHONES.
On May 11, 2012, the United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit issued an opinion in the case of Teresa Soppet v. Enhanced Recovery Company, LLC. In the litigation, the Plaintiffs sued a debt collector attempting to collect a telephone bill from a third party. Plaintiffs sued Defendant for Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) per telephone call and One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00) per telephone call if willful."

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.