Moving to Colorado

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

y99611@msn.com in Meridian, Idaho

54 months ago

yes we are moving to Colorado within hopefully the next couple of months we are in our early 60 and my husband needs a job before we move so that it will be stable enough to do this move we move from Minnesota and than to Idaho which is not much to do and we like Colordo plus my wife has children there is there any place in Colorado that we can move to and have a good paying job for awhile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

chis636 in Kansas City, Missouri

44 months ago

Hi! I was just curious if you guys have moved to Colorado how it all went? We are looking to move there but my husband also needs a job before moving so we have an income for our family. I was just curious as to how he found a job and if it all went smoothly. We are scared but want a different life for our children and live in a healthier environment than Kansas City. Thank you. Jessica

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

todd in Ferndale, Michigan

33 months ago

chis636 in Kansas City, Missouri said: Hi! I was just curious if you guys have moved to Colorado how it all went? We are looking to move there but my husband also needs a job before moving so we have an income for our family. I was just curious as to how he found a job and if it all went smoothly. We are scared but want a different life for our children and live in a healthier environment than Kansas City. Thank you. Jessica

I wouldn't move unless you had a job lined up. Denver is expensive. And based on the little research I've done, I think housing prices are still too high. So you may lose money buying a house there now as the prices most likely will fall.

I was going to move there without a job in hand and decided against it. If you can get by where you are, stick it out.

It's sad to say, but some areas of the country are just too rich now for the average person. Denver is that way, for now. Unless you want to live in a bad part of town.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lani in Colorado Springs, Colorado

33 months ago

todd in Ferndale, Michigan said: I wouldn't move unless you had a job lined up. Denver is expensive. And based on the little research I've done, I think housing prices are still too high. So you may lose money buying a house there now as the prices most likely will fall.

I was going to move there without a job in hand and decided against it. If you can get by where you are, stick it out.

It's sad to say, but some areas of the country are just too rich now for the average person. Denver is that way, for now. Unless you want to live in a bad part of town.

I agree, Todd. I live in the Springs and I'm single (I'm in the process of moving for school) and I STILL wouldn't move somewhere if I didn't have a definite job, so I couldn't imagine the stress with worrying about my family as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shebrael in Spring, Texas

32 months ago

I live in Houston, TX. I to is looking for a job in the Denver, CO area, before I relocate. I don't know too much about Denver, but I been reading and I plan on taking a trip down there soon.

YTR in Littleton, Colorado

32 months ago

I would not move out here unless you already have a job lined up. I made that mistake last year, and I am still looking for a job.

The only exception might be if you have experience in healthcare, telecommunications or technology. If you check out the Connecting Colorado employment website, and look at the number of people looking for a job vs the number of jobs available it will give you a good idea how bad it really is out here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shebrael in Spring, Texas

32 months ago

Okay, Thanks!!!!!! I'm really looking, I don't want to move unless I have a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vicki in Tulsa, Oklahoma

30 months ago

My son and daughter n law currently live in Denver. They are wanting me to relocate from Oklahoma to that area. I am a licenced clinical social worker with 7 years of hospice experience. Does anyone know about the job market in that field?

ruhbucky in Gainesville, Florida

9 months ago

I am trying to move from Florida to Colorado but of course I would need a job lined up in order to do so. I was planning on finding a place in the Denver/Boulder area. The main reason I'm trying to make it out that way is because I've recently graduated the University of Florida and need experience in the environmental science field, so Colorado seemed perfect (and yes, I have visited). I've only worked in the customer service industry, so I figured I would have to get a customer service job first and work my way into my career. SO, Any suggestions on how to get jobs lined up in the customer service industry in Colorado from WAY over yonder?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.