Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

What jobs are on the rise in Denver?

Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Arvada, Colorado

78 months ago

It was just announced that Charles Shwab will be centrilizing their office and bring more than 500 jobs to Denver, CO. With TIAA CREF, Oppenheimer, Janus Funds and other Finance companies here in CO it goes without saying that Finance jobs are big in CO.

IT jobs are also good here. We have Sun Microsystems, Lavel3, Qwest, Maxtor, Lefthand Networks, and lots of start ups in the Bolder - 36 coridor.

Some good sites to check out for jobs in colorado are:

www.rmiug.org
www.craigslist.com
www.theladders.com
www.fusionstaffing.net
www.jobbing.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

B. in San Ramon, California

75 months ago

Thanks Mary.

It is true Schwab is relocating a number of its resources out from expensive SF. Word so far was SF will still remain as HQ though majority of its staff (already is spread out in Denver, Phoenix and Indianapolis call centres) will be out of state.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

holz in Denver, Colorado

74 months ago

I'm a hardware EE here in Colorado and may possibly go into IT. I heard there is a wide pay range for IT folks depending on experience and certifications. Top end would be the top Cisco certification which I heard is a non-trivial exam.

I plan on reading books and taking a stab at a few of the certifications. What are some inputs on what certifications gain what pay ranges here in Colorado?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gravity in Glendale, Arizona

74 months ago

Schwab jobs are also moving from Phoenix to India. While Phoenix workers cost less than San Francisco workers, Indian workers cost even less than Phoenix workers.

Globalization at work. Let's get more Walmarts in here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cisco! in Denver, Colorado

73 months ago

holz in Denver, Colorado said: I'm a hardware EE here in Colorado and may possibly go into IT. I heard there is a wide pay range for IT folks depending on experience and certifications. Top end would be the top Cisco certification which I heard is a non-trivial exam.

I plan on reading books and taking a stab at a few of the certifications. What are some inputs on what certifications gain what pay ranges here in Colorado?

Thanks!

Pay range can very depending on the certs and experience. IT consultant that has a CCNA can very from 65k to 80k CCNP 75k to 95k CCIE written 85k to 110k and CCIE Lab 110k-140k+

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated with the job search in San Francisco, California

51 months ago

Mary in Arvada, Colorado said: It was just announced that Charles Shwab will be centrilizing their office and bring more than 500 jobs to Denver, CO. With TIAA CREF, Oppenheimer, Janus Funds and other Finance companies here in CO it goes without saying that Finance jobs are big in CO.

IT jobs are also good here. We have Sun Microsystems, Lavel3, Qwest, Maxtor, Lefthand Networks, and lots of start ups in the Bolder - 36 coridor.

Some good sites to check out for jobs in colorado are:

www.rmiug.org
www.craigslist.com
www.theladders.com
www.fusionstaffing.net
www.jobbing.com

BEWARE: THELADDERS.COM IS A SCAM!!!! DONOT PAY THEM AN $$. The jobs they advertise are not real.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

todd in Ferndale, Michigan

37 months ago

Cisco! in Denver, Colorado said: Pay range can very depending on the certs and experience. IT consultant that has a CCNA can very from 65k to 80k CCNP 75k to 95k CCIE written 85k to 110k and CCIE Lab 110k-140k+

The IT field is not only glutted, jobs are open to candidates around the globe because of H-1B foreign visas. Don't listen to the above.

Cisco just announced firing over 7000 people.

Don't waste your time or money on these certifications, because the only that will make money are the ones selling you the certs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tom_NN2X in Allen, Texas

34 months ago

todd in Ferndale, Michigan said: The IT field is not only glutted, jobs are open to candidates around the globe because of H-1B foreign visas. Don't listen to the above.

Cisco just announced firing over 7000 people.

Don't waste your time or money on these certifications, because the only that will make money are the ones selling you the certs.

However, the average Cisco reseller per major city is about 365..Meaning the resellers for folks who have certs will do very well...I have passed the Cisco certs for fun...If you wish go to WWW.INDEED.COM and put in CCDP or CCNP versus BSEE see which pays higher, and more demand...That is simple fact

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.