Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (27)

Host

What jobs are on the rise in Detroit?

Reply - Report abuse

GradWithNoGig in Westland, Michigan

108 months ago

Unemployment counselor, real estate agent, and movers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

joseph johnson in Detroit, Michigan

105 months ago

I am looking for a job in stock for a midnight job in detroit or 20miles out of detroit.What ever will do thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Joseph Rice in Detroit, Michigan

103 months ago

I have 29 years experciement in the factory ,a good worker willing to any job fuction have experciment in inspection with califers micks ,high gages,tape measures also in assembly presses and operator of rolling mill and set up have very good attendence and willing to learn and good for your company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Joseph Rice in Detroit, Michigan

103 months ago

Looking for a job in inspection,gen labor or rolling mill operator

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Latisha Williams in Detroit, Michigan

101 months ago

I am a single parent and I went to school for truck driving and I just can't get a job for it because, I don't have enough experience but 3 months. Any good paying local job is good for me between the hours of 8 and 5.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Morris Johnson in River Rouge, Michigan

101 months ago

Morris Johnson in River Rouge, Michigan Looking for a job in inspection,gen labor or rolling mill operator. I have a lot of experience in inspection and general labor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Left town in Washington, District of Columbia

97 months ago

Someone who maintains empty houses...like mine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Belleville, Michigan

96 months ago

Left town in Washington, District of Columbia said: Someone who maintains empty houses...like mine.

I may be able to help you, I live in Belleville, what would you like maintained?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Belleville, Michigan

96 months ago

I am a former plant worker looking for work in electronics, biomedical or Information Technology.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Charles Starks in Detroit, Michigan

96 months ago

I am a former barber thats looking for something new. a career change willing to learn on hands training

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Browneyes_01 in Westland, Michigan

96 months ago

Host said: What jobs are on the rise in Detroit?

zero

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Careerhoundonline.com in Perrinton, Michigan

90 months ago

Times are very tough in Michigan right now. That's why I started careerhoundonline.com, it's a job website strictly for the state Michigan, things are slow right now but it doesn't hurt to check it out once in a while. You can post your resume for free.
Please check it out!

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tunsworth@*****.*** in Royal Oak, Michigan

90 months ago

Journeyman tool & die maker, plenty of tools & experience looking for work or a start in a new direction (career wise). Currently working toward a degree in HVAC at OCC in Aurburn Hills. Can adjust schedule for any shift (prefer afternoons.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Careerhoundonline.com in Riverdale, Michigan

90 months ago

Have you considered posting your resume on job websites? You should post yours at careerhoundonline.com, free to post and the website is for the state of michigan. If you don't mind traveling you could try tradesmen international. I am a welder myself and I have worked for them before. It sucks traveling but you can make good money and times are tough.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mr.mann430 in Clawson, Michigan

90 months ago

18 years at my job looking for a new career change

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

daddysweet in Detroit, Michigan

89 months ago

Host said: What jobs are on the rise in Det roit?[/ QUOTE]

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

daddysweet in Detroit, Michigan

89 months ago

I have been looking for work in detroit mi for two years i when to college for x ray tech and also whan on to u.s truck driver school to receiving training for my C.D.L class-A license i had west coast over the road driving i have a good record all the way around i have work for the government and the the stste of michigan as a money runner. i see why so many people leaves the city of detroit with college degrees and good record it is hard for these people to find employment it time to get the hell out of detroit. last one turn out the lights.good by

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

charnita lawrence in Detroit, Michigan

89 months ago

Host said: What jobs are on the rise in Detroit?

i am in rise i would like a at subway

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Roseville, Michigan

89 months ago

Well, f/t teaching gigs and factory work that pays more than $10 an hour aren't on the list.

darrylbanks@*****.*** in Detroit, Michigan

89 months ago

looking for security officer job in detroit

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ken in Sterling Heights, Michigan

88 months ago

Joe, is this you, "Hank"?

QUOTE who="joseph johnson in Detroit, Michigan"]I am looking for a job in stock for a midnight job in detroit or 20miles out of detroit.What ever will do thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

DaMoE in Ypsilanti, Michigan

84 months ago

Latisha Williams in Detroit, Michigan said: I am a single parent and I went to school for truck driving and I just can't get a job for it because, I don't have enough experience but 3 months. Any good paying local job is good for me between the hours of 8 and 5.

Latisha if you want a local job your outta luck only highly experience drivers get those jobs, very few low experienced drivers get those. You will probably have to relocate out of state. There are many companies out there that hire student drivers that just graduated but most of them are out of state. Try CRST. They are taking student drivers, however if you have a felony don't even try to get in unless it has been 10 yrs from the conviction date. Also they don't take students with violent or drug offenses regardless of how much time has passed since conviction.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

chef8651 in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

82 months ago

[I had over 25 years of experiance like a chef I am looking for a job sous chef any where i apply all over I wish any one can help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pennyintroy in Troy, Michigan

82 months ago

Here I am unemployed AGAIN - my job is job searching - I send out hundreds of resumes and I get interviews for $10 an hour jobs but even they don't hire me - and I have a BA degree - what is going on people !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GradWithNo Gig in Westland, Michigan

80 months ago

Look at the top right corner of this page folks. If you want to be an hourly shift leader at McDonalds, Pizza Hut, or Blockbuster-- then Detroit is for you. Since nobody does restaraunt pizza or in-store movie rentals anymore, guess you are left making BigMacs. Or you could sell AVON.
The new job trends page on this site shows an 18:1 rate of unemployed persons to posted jobs. Take away the physician/nursing and illegitimate jobs and it becomes about 50:1.

marchidw in Holly, Michigan

79 months ago

Im a single dad with four kids with me Im looking for work in the maintenance field i have 30 years in machine maintenance automation repair and development also TPM MTTR RCM RCA and SPC Building concept vehicles for the military and many other fields
thanks dean marchidw@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.