Temp Agencies in Erie, PA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (35)

NikkiFromSD in San Diego, California

70 months ago

I usually get my jobs through temp agencies, main ones being Express Personnel and now TOPS. I know TOPS isn't in Erie but I came across some snoodies badmouthing Express. Are they really that bad in Erie? I'm a very motivated person with much experience and a friendly demeanor. How is the job market through these agencies in the area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Sweetheart, I'm from THE BRONX. I move around a lot because I like to travel. I'm settling in Erie b/c my sister-in-law lives in Meadville and we want to go to the nearest city. Believe me, I'm not bubbly. That's the reason why we want to get out of Southern California. My husband is getting out of the Navy. Do I need to spell everything out for you? Do you even have a job or do you just go into forums bashing everyone?

Friendly does not equal bubble. Get that part straight. You're giving Erie a very bad name by the way. HOpe you're proud.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Sally Struthers in Erie, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

Oooh, I'm shaking in my boots. LOL! I'm supposed to be afraid that you are from THE BRONX?! You got it typed out in capital letters like I am supposed to be so impressed and scared. LOL!

You move around a lot because you like to travel? How stupid. Since when does moving have to do with traveling. Moving means renting an apartment, house, finding a job, etc. Traveling means getting a hotel room, having fun, and taking a break from a job.

I don't have to give Erie a bad name, it does that all by itself. Your husband is getting out of the Navy and you plan on moving to Erie/Meadville two of the most economically depressed places in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Again sweetie, stay out of the sun.

NikkiFromSD in San Diego, California said: Sweetheart, I'm from THE BRONX. I move around a lot because I like to travel. I'm settling in Erie b/c my sister-in-law lives in Meadville and we want to go to the nearest city. Believe me, I'm not bubbly. That's the reason why we want to get out of Southern California. My husband is getting out of the Navy. Do I need to spell everything out for you? Do you even have a job or do you just go into forums bashing everyone?

Friendly does not equal bubble. Get that part straight. You're giving Erie a very bad name by the way. HOpe you're proud.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

acquiesce in Erie, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

Hey Nikki, I live in Erie. Um, ignore Sally there, she apparently has a huge chip on her shoulder and is attacking anonymous people on message boards. Her condescending attitude aside, Erie is pretty much a crappy place to find a job...unless you like telemarketing/teleservices-there's lots of that lol. Being friendly and motivated isn't a problem! But with a small amount of jobs and every employer wanting "experience" (which is good you have, you might have an edge on the rest of us :))it's lean pickins' if you know what I mean. Do a thorough search online about Erie, go to www.goerie.com and read through the employment classifieds to get a feel of the place. Good luck wherever you find yourself!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in San Diego, California

70 months ago

I appreciate your response, acquiesce. I didn't take her response seriously which is why I didn't dignify her comment with one. I've noticed there are several temp agencies in Erie as well as GE and Lords. GE was actually interested in my resume. At the company I'm working in (through a temp agency), they might hire me so it may postpone our moving to Erie. So, there aren't much administrative jobs in Erie? I saw a Career Concepts website in Erie that had some administrative jobs. And on Craigslist, there were Accounts/Payable Clerk positions open as well.

We'll be planning on moving in 2010. Hopefully the economy will boost...hopefully.

And just to add to Miss Sarcasm: Travelling means MOVING from one place to another...doesn't have to be living in a hotel room for a week and being a tourist. I've lived in 5 different cities in a 4-year span. If that's not coming from someone who doesn't like to travel, I don't know what is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

You're really nuts. I've lived in the poorest area and the richest area (Ventura, CA-look it up some time). Even in Ventura there were the most horrific news stories you could ever hear. Crime is EVERYWHERE!

I don't base any city on what their newscasters claim. If you like to read what the media feeds you and choose to share in their misery, go ahead. Stay negative. There are good and bad parts to every city in the world. I've visited PA many a time when I was living on the East Coast. And instability? Do you call being a military wife unstable while my husband goes and defends this country so you can lay your head on your pillow safe and sound? Instability? Do you call visiting my sick mother in California who's dying of AIDS as a means of closure unstable? Yet I'm the one with my head up my ass. Honey, I've seen dirty needles in my trash can and gangsters murdered in the streets. Those stories don't phase me. Amidst the horrors of city life, there is still good. Unemployment is everywhere (like I've said already) not just in Erie, which is where you continue to stay despite how bad you think the city is. I HATED living in the Bronx. I moved out! I suggest you do the same. Apparently, it's not that bad if you continue to live there, huh?

I'm just waiting for some more negativity from you. It's just adding entertainment to the indeed forum boards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

S A I C

You work at a staffing agency through a staffing agency?! No wonder you're such a temp agency Stan!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

I'm nuts? Why? Because I tell you the truth?

You think that you are going to stroll into Erie, Pennsylvania and land a $20 an hour job just because you have "experience"? You think that some temp agency is going to get you a cushy gig?
Honey, a college degree will get you $12 an hour if you're lucky.

You won't be working at Erie Insurance, not even at $9/hr in the mail room.

You won't be working at Hamot or St. Vincent, unless you have R.N. or M.D. after your name.

You won't be working for the Erie School District.

You will most likely be working with wayward children, the developmentally disabled or the elderly.

You'll be working at an assisted living facility, a nursing home, or an "alternative" school.

You'll be bathing grown people and changing their diapers, fixing their meals, and disciplining a child whose parent's won't.

You'll be worked to death while earning $9-$11 dollars an hour.

If you don't get one of the above jobs, you'll be working at WalMart.

What you won't be, is in some cushy, air condition office, drinking Starbucks and making $20 an hour.

It's not about what you know, it's about nepotism and who you know.

And honey, you can't compare the Bronx and Ventura, CA to Erie. High crime in the Bronx or in SoCal isn't shocking.

I graciously informed you of the horrible crimes going on because the rising crime rate is related to the pi$$ poor economy.

I laugh at you Pollyanna types who think that Erie is some great place.

Nikki, you SHOULD move here. Go ahead. Maybe those $10 million dollar condos that will be built across the street from the unemployment office will be open and you and your husband can live there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

acquiesce in Erie, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

Hi again Nikki, you don't have to explain your living situations to anyone! You don't have to like Erie. I don't it that much. Alot of people are annoyed with the lack of decent paying jobs and educational opportunities. BUT to act like Sally and sit in this forum getting irate when someone inquires about the city and then insulting them? Thats a special kind of crazy. Ignore it :)
On the other side are people who've had the right contacts and motivation... just like any other place. And like you pointed out, just like other places you take the good with the bad (crime rate for example).. or you GET OUT.
You said you've been in contace with GE and thats a good company with good benefits (so I hear). Clerical and admin. jobs are all over and there are alot of temp agencies wanting people with that type of experience. If you like healthcare maybe look into medical or dental secretarial work too.
Just keep your eyes and ears open for things while you're waiting to make your decision. There's nothing wrong with being optimistic (especially if the alternative is to be bitter and Strutherfied lol) but also know that you're coming to an area thats kind of economically depressed- if you know you'll have to work hard for a job and that doesn't bother you, you'll do good anywhere :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Sally, I didn't get your comment banned. I don't go out of my way to worry about little piss-on comments such as yours. But thank you to the person who did! :D LOL HAHA! You don't know what SAIC is. They hire government contractors and therefore are NOT a staffing agency. It's an employee-owned Fortune 500 company who regularly hires temps as new hires. I truly appreciate your looking up the company I'm currently working for. If you're interested in the project name, I'd be more than happy to provide you with it, Inspector Struthers!

Acquiesce, you're being a really great sport and thank you for the meaningful comments. GE actually got back to me but wanted to schedule an appointment for an interview. Unfortunately, I couldn't so they're holding onto my resume for future purposes. I also don't see the problem with working at a call center even if it's for peanuts. I've worked 3 jobs to put food on the table and I have a husband willing to do the same thing (although I don't intend on doing that). I think a lot of "Erie-hating" has to do with people who've grown up only in that environment. I enjoy the small town feel that many PA towns provide. The reason why we're choosing Erie is b/c it's the nearest city to Meadville (now Sagertown) and my husband is going to college to study engineering at Penn State. Plus we'll be semi-set with his GI Bill. That's why a job would be good to have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Also, from experience those who "tell it like it is" are just generally rude people. It's no wonder you couldn't make it in the professional world. People like me who can function in society are well-liked by others and think before they say things instead of not thinking before they answer. I hope you don't have kids to pass these ill-mannered concepts onto them.

I want to pass on a lesson for you. If you really want to tell it like it is, do so with class. Did you ever see Anger Management and Nicholson told Sanders "Sarcasm is anger's ugly cousin"? Words of wisdom, Lloyd. So I am passing on my positivity onto you. I won't reply hostile. I come from the school of hard knocks where I did and still do speak how I feel, but I do it honorably. If I'm unhappy at a job, I give my notice formally. If I don't like a friend, I talk to them like an adult and move on. Now, you're probably thinking to when I referred to most temps as flakes and dimwits. This is where it all routed from! To me, that's how I view most temps and I've been in the business for over 4 years where I can make that observation. You could've let it go and said you didn't like it. Instead, you continued to follow me and harass me. You obviously can tell that not one of any other person on this board agreed with anything you threw at me.

So take all that in and chill out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

I'm not rude honey. You want to see rude, wait until you get to Erie.

Who said I couldn't make it in the professional world? I never said that. You shouldn't ASSume things about people. Just because I've used agencies in the past doesn't mean that I'm still using them. Given the fact that you move around so much and seem to be a permanent temp, you seem to be the one having trouble making it professionally.

If you know so much about life, being from da Bronx/SoCal, edumacated at the school of da hard knox, you wouldn't be on this empty message board b*tching back and forth with me about Erie. You'd be cold calling and faxing resumes. You'd be on a bus/plane/train/car coming to Erie and getting a feel for it instead of yapping away with strangers on a message board.

You want to be told that Erie is a great place, a wonderful town, with plenty of jobs for its residents and overflow for outsiders. You want to be told that the crime is low, public transportation is excellent, people are super duper friendly, and the streets are paved with gold and sunshine.

The truth is that Erie is a so so place, a so so town, with plenty of low paying fast food, telemarketing, widget assembling, butt wiping jobs. If you have a college degree you can also choose from sub (but never perm) teaching. You have a snowball's chance in hades getting a "white collar" professional job unless you want to fill in for Sally Mae on maternity leave through a temp agency. The crime is starting to skyrocket, we have 15 year old kids being shot to death by other teenagers on city streets, public transportation sucks and the streets are barely paved with asphalt.

If you don't want to know the bad about a city/town, than you don't deserve to know the good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

NikkiFromSD in San Diego, California said: I usually get my jobs through temp agencies, main ones being Express Personnel and now TOPS. I know TOPS isn't in Erie but I came across some snoodies badmouthing Express. Are they really that bad in Erie? I'm a very motivated person with much experience and a friendly demeanor. How is the job market through these agencies in the area?

I found you some jobs!! Straight from PA Career Link!!

*Home Health Aide
*CNA
*Salesperson
*Janitorial Staff
*Security Guard
*Teleservice Representative
*Custodian
*Retail Sales Person
*Receptionist (answering service call center) $18720.00/year = $9/hr
*Customer Service Associate aka Teller
*Bus Driver

A temp agency will find you the same jobs. Ha ha! There may be 1 or 2 jobs left in Erie by the time you get here in 2010. See yah then!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Interesting...

I found two A/R & A/P Clerk positions paying $16 and $18/hr on Craigslist. Minimum degree required-Associates.:/

I guess you're only looking for jobs YOU'RE qualified for.

So-so place? That's fine. I'm not looking for a ritzy area, Missy. And as for public trans. Ummmm I own two cars so that one didn't really apply to me.

Do you look on usajobs.gov or HotJobs or even CALL for a followup? Do you attend job fairs through Monster? As for me, I'm not seriously looking right now as I'm moving there at the end of next year. Who the heck will hire me now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

And I know what rude is. I lived in the Bronx for 21 years. See you around! We should meet for coffee and give some change to the panhandlers! That'd brighten up my bubbly Southern Cali mood. Right on!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hkmw2005 in Akron, Ohio

69 months ago

i recently moved here from chester pa. where it is Depressed ...Erie doesn't come close. I have been here 5 months and i got the cushy job at hamot doing data entry. all i had to know was how to type. i make 15/hr which is way beeter than chester cause it is cheaper here. my rent is 400/month 2 bedroom all ultil incl. i live Erie City. near 8th and sass. i am happy. ....anyone who wants it got to get up and get it. i wanted better for my girls so i moved were i don't know anyone for a chance that they will not only survive! but thrive.

69 months ago

So there is hope! Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Erie, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

Funny thing.. I've lived all over....from Cities like Houston and Baltimore to Small towns you can't find with a Microscope. and I like Erie.. except for the Job Market (Forget Training they want experience... which I lack)the Plastics Industry is Hiring all over the Place, pa Careerlink is filled with Jobs for Experienced and Trained people. And After having lived in a City where the previous Nights Murder Victims are listed in Alphabetical Order and by Neighborhood It's nice living somewhere that the Murder rate is LOWER then the Inflation rate.

A lot of it is Patience and being Reasonable, too many people expect free paychecks.. you don't get those in Erie.. and because of that we have a lot of Welfare cases running about whining that no one will give them a job for Not working. I was born and Raised near Erie.. and yes it needs improvement, but it's a lot better then a few dozens places I've lived.

Sally Struthers in Dillsburg, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

Gee, "welfare cases" looking for employment is a bad thing?

QUOTE who="Dave in Erie, Pennsylvania"]Funny thing.. I've lived all over....from Cities like Houston and Baltimore to Small towns you can't find with a Microscope. and I like Erie.. except for the Job Market (Forget Training they want experience... which I lack)the Plastics Industry is Hiring all over the Place, pa Careerlink is filled with Jobs for Experienced and Trained people. And After having lived in a City where the previous Nights Murder Victims are listed in Alphabetical Order and by Neighborhood It's nice living somewhere that the Murder rate is LOWER then the Inflation rate.

A lot of it is Patience and being Reasonable, too many people expect free paychecks.. you don't get those in Erie.. and because of that we have a lot of Welfare cases running about whining that no one will give them a job for Not working. I was born and Raised near Erie.. and yes it needs improvement, but it's a lot better then a few dozens places I've lived.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

crystal in Erie, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

Nikki,

I'll give you an overview of Erie, Pa. that is mostly objective.

You CAN find a decent paying job here if you know where to look and have the experience, personality, and degree-age to back it up. If you check career concepts, they sometimes will have accounting/admin jobs that pay between $12-16 per hr. On average, you will find jobs here pay between 8-10 per hr. Some of the more prominent co. here to look at would include: Hamot (which you can and will be hired without an RN or MD after your name, it just depends if they're hiring), The Barber National Institute (they also hire office from time to time), GE, Saint Vincent's...just to name a few of the more well known places. There are tons of small private practices here that often hire secretarial. Not sure on the pay.
Overall though, Erie lacks a lot of the energy that larger cities have...but we also lack the crime. I live in a real nice part of town in a decent sized 1 br. apt for about $300 a mo. It's a great change of pace from other areas of the country i've lived in.
avg. rent is about $350-600 depending on what you're looking for. The cost of living overall would be much lower too than cali. If you want to buy a house or something It has a lot of reasonable homes in nicer parts of town.
The weather is crazy. We will have one day of 10 degrees and 40 out the next...freak snow storms, rainy, humid summers...etc.. pretty unpredictable, but It's what you make of it.

60 months ago

The nightlife has grown if you're into that kind of thing. They have a lot of random stuff downtown during the summer.
There is also the beaches, waterfalls, and lots of other beautiful outdoorsy stuff if you're into that :)
People here are fairly friendly...although I must warn you, this is a small city, and many people that are natives often act like 20-30-40+ yr old teenagers..I've had a couple places I worked that felt like i was walking into high school, which was sad considering it was full of "professionals".

Also, beware of Erie craigslist. Most of the admin/office positions seem to be fake, but there are many real listings.

Goodluck on your job hunt/move/etc, I would suggest looking for a place of employment before moving here or have the extra $$ packed away (it took my fiancee about a month to get a job when we moved here).

60 months ago

NikkiFromSD in San Diego, California said: I usually get my jobs through temp agencies, main ones being Express Personnel and now TOPS. I know TOPS isn't in Erie but I came across some snoodies badmouthing Express. Are they really that bad in Erie? I'm a very motivated person with much experience and a friendly demeanor. How is the job market through these agencies in the area?

Also, I would say Career concepts would be your first choice here for temp agencies..you may want to try Volt..and there's another one that I can't remember, but those are pretty decent ones. I've never dealt with express, there are a couple others that deal mainly in manufacturing and light clerical that don't pay as much.

careerlink isn't a bad resource to keep in mind, sometimes they do have pretty decent positions available. but check hotjobs.yahoo.com they seem to have a lot more listings :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chilled in Erie, Pennsylvania

56 months ago

Hey Sally, They have Adivan for your condition.

Sally Struthers in Erie, Pennsylvania said: I'm nuts? Why? Because I tell you the truth?

You think that you are going to stroll into Erie, Pennsylvania and land a $20 an hour job just because you have "experience"? You think that some temp agency is going to get you a cushy gig?
Honey, a college degree will get you $12 an hour if you're lucky.

You won't be working at Erie Insurance, not even at $9/hr in the mail room.

You won't be working at Hamot or St. Vincent, unless you have R.N. or M.D. after your name.

You won't be working for the Erie School District.

You will most likely be working with wayward children, the developmentally disabled or the elderly.

You'll be working at an assisted living facility, a nursing home, or an "alternative" school.

You'll be bathing grown people and changing their diapers, fixing their meals, and disciplining a child whose parent's won't.

You'll be worked to death while earning $9-$11 dollars an hour.

If you don't get one of the above jobs, you'll be working at WalMart.

What you won't be, is in some cushy, air condition office, drinking Starbucks and making $20 an hour.

It's not about what you know, it's about nepotism and who you know.

And honey, you can't compare the Bronx and Ventura, CA to Erie. High crime in the Bronx or in SoCal isn't shocking.

I graciously informed you of the horrible crimes going on because the rising crime rate is related to the pi$$ poor economy.

I laugh at you Pollyanna types who think that Erie is some great place.

Nikki, you SHOULD move here. Go ahead. Maybe those $10 million dollar condos that will be built across the street from the unemployment office will be open and you and your husband can live there.

vegasdreams1 in Erie, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

man the ladies right,this place is a shhithole.there are no jobs anywhere that pays anything

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Henny in Erie, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

acquiesce in Erie, Pennsylvania said: Hey Nikki, I live in Erie. Um, ignore Sally there, she apparently has a huge chip on her shoulder and is attacking anonymous people on message boards. Her condescending attitude aside, Erie is pretty much a crappy place to find a job...unless you like telemarketing/teleservices-there's lots of that lol. Being friendly and motivated isn't a problem! But with a small amount of jobs and every employer wanting "experience" (which is good you have, you might have an edge on the rest of us :))it's lean pickins' if you know what I mean. Do a thorough search online about Erie, go to www.goerie.com and read through the employment classifieds to get a feel of the place. Good luck wherever you find yourself!

listen everyone, I live in Erie and own a business. Sales have dramatically decreased over a year. I am now looking for full time work and no luck. To put it mildly Erie sucks and so does the weather. If your lucky you get 5 months of ok weather if your lucky. my advice, go south or southwest. If you are in the medical field and like snow, wind and rain knock yourself out Erie is the place for you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

SallyStruthers in Erie, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

And they have a straightjacket for yours.

chilled in Erie, Pennsylvania said: Hey Sally, They have Adivan for your condition.

jb in Erie, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

Erie=DeadCity

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

haze in Erie, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

dont mind sally she sound so stupid she probably on section 8 collecting ssi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Erie, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

Erie is a terrible place to find a decent paying job. I have a B.S and the best I've been able to land so far is 7.45/hr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

billie in West Orange, New Jersey

46 months ago

Yes erie is a poor city..

Sally Struthers in Waterford, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

haze in Erie, Pennsylvania said: dont mind sally she sound so stupid she probably on section 8 collecting ssi

"Don't mind Sally, she sounds so stupid. She is probably on Section 8 and collecting SSI."

I corrected your grammar and punctuation. No doubt you were educated in a city of Erie public school. Put the blunt down. I "sound so stupid"? Try learning a second language other than Trailer Park-onics. You probably know a lot about Section 8 and SSI.

Tee hee!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hdgsf in Erie, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

this forum is useless if your actually looking for a temp agency in erie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Eriedaze in Erie, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

hi i just wanted to say that i came to Dreary Erie 3 yrs o=ago. Best move i made. I lost 200lbs since being here and finished school. found a good job. i work out of Hamot. It can happen if u work at it. temps are fun and usually pay better then the real job but i wanted some type of security.i love Erie /millcreek. much better than where i came from. I find that people that grew up here are ok but the people transferred from a different area tend to really like it here. have a great day and try to smile. i am not bubbly or a barbie but i tend to see the glass half full.

John in Calgary, Alberta

31 months ago

Sally Struthers in Erie, Pennsylvania said: Oooh, I'm shaking in my boots. LOL! I'm supposed to be afraid that you are from THE BRONX?! You got it typed out in capital letters like I am supposed to be so impressed and scared. LOL!

You move around a lot because you like to travel? How stupid. Since when does moving have to do with traveling. Moving means renting an apartment, house, finding a job, etc. Traveling means getting a hotel room, having fun, and taking a break from a job.

I don't have to give Erie a bad name, it does that all by itself. Your husband is getting out of the Navy and you plan on moving to Erie/Meadville two of the most economically depressed places in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Again sweetie, stay out of the sun.

Growing up in the Bronx, she has seen it all. It is the equivalent of earning a combat infantryman's badge in the army.

John in Calgary, Alberta

31 months ago

acquiesce in Erie, Pennsylvania said: Hi again Nikki, you don't have to explain your living situations to anyone! You don't have to like Erie. I don't it that much. Alot of people are annoyed with the lack of decent paying jobs and educational opportunities. BUT to act like Sally and sit in this forum getting irate when someone inquires about the city and then insulting them? Thats a special kind of crazy. Ignore it :)
On the other side are people who've had the right contacts and motivation... just like any other place. And like you pointed out, just like other places you take the good with the bad (crime rate for example).. or you GET OUT.
You said you've been in contace with GE and thats a good company with good benefits (so I hear). Clerical and admin. jobs are all over and there are alot of temp agencies wanting people with that type of experience. If you like healthcare maybe look into medical or dental secretarial work too.
Just keep your eyes and ears open for things while you're waiting to make your decision. There's nothing wrong with being optimistic (especially if the alternative is to be bitter and Strutherfied lol) but also know that you're coming to an area thats kind of economically depressed- if you know you'll have to work hard for a job and that doesn't bother you, you'll do good anywhere :)

I think working as a security guard where one only has to work 10 minutes out of the hour on a short patrol and sit and watch dvds and play on one's laptop for one's whole shift is okay at $12.00 an hour as long as there is enough overtime to get to $45,000 a year gross, which is only so so of a wage.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.