bartending jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

jeron ray in Fayetteville, North Carolina

77 months ago

i went to absolut bartending college. I was told upon registering there that I would receive my license whether or not all tuition was paid or not but after paying 200 dollars of the 345 dollars.....I have not heard from them. The bad part is that I scored a 98 on the final test. I thought they were legit but I really think they are a group of scammers. I still have no job. what can I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

absolut bartending college- mike in Fayetteville, North Carolina

76 months ago

I seen and have read your coments, but I see you did not tell the whole story. First you need to get at least a passing score on your written test, 62 is not passing. And you can get your license as soon as you pay all of your tuition, we havebeen trying to make contact with you. If you will call us and come back in, we can work all these little details out. I look forward in hearing from you. But our school and staff are real and we placing people in jobs are the area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

I can understand the reason for your comments but I think I'll pass on the idea of contacting anyone at your school. I was informed that my test score was a ninety eight not sixty two. In any case that makes someone at your school NOT credible. Also when my wife called for information on the school, she was told about a finance package that didn't actually require that full tuition be paid before granting me my license. anyway I'm past that because I moved to raleigh and ultimately enrolling in Bartending school there. I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers....that wasn't my intention. I just stated my opinion which is one of my rights as an U.S. citizen. THANKS FOR REALLY NOTHING!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

I can understand the reason for your comments but I think I'll pass on the idea of contacting anyone at your school. I was informed that my test score was a ninety eight not sixty two. In any case that makes someone at your school NOT credible. Also when my wife called for information on the school, she was told about a finance package that didn't actually require that full tuition be paid before granting me my license. anyway I'm past that because I moved to raleigh and ultimately enrolling in Bartending school there. I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers....that wasn't my intention. I just stated my opinion which is one of my rights as an U.S. citizen. THANKS FOR REALLY NOTHING!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Thanks for your information. It seems to me that someone at ABC isn't as truthful as it appears to be. I was told that my test score was 98 NOT 62, so what is relly going on? I'm not here to slander anyone... I just stated my opinion which is a right as an US citizen. As for contacting the school to work on obtaining my license... I don't think thats an option for me. I try not to get burned by the same folks twice. You say I can get my license once I pay my tuition in full BUT you also stated that my test score was not good enough to pass. How is that so Mr. Mike?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maknmajik in Fayetteville, North Carolina

72 months ago

Jeron,
Kudos for speaking your mind in the name of Free Speech. Now please allow me to speak mine. I don't mean to belittle your claims Jeron, but usually what you get out of a thing is directly proportional to what you put into it. First, let me say that I've been where you seem to be right now. I went to a bartending school in Wilmington a few years ago-6 scheduled classes over two weeks. The instructors were all young and didn't seem to want to be there. In fact, the regular instructor missed a few nights so the quality of instruction was diminished. In the end, I didn’t feel prepared to become a bartender, and didn’t pursue it further. I'm currently enrolled in Absolut Bartending School, and this time I’m doing MY best to succeed. So far, Mike and the girls at the school have been very cooperative in answering all my questions, and I have ABSOLUTely no complaints as to the quality of instruction. I originally told Tonya at Absolut that I planned to test and graduate within a week-that's only three scheduled classes. Instead, I went to every class available the first week - NINE classes, with an extra hour or two on Friday for additional practice. Even so, I'll probably need a few more classes to feel even marginally comfortable with this new skillset. I still haven't tested, so I can't respond to some of your claims, but all I can say is if you haven't got a job by now, you haven't really been trying. There are jobs out there for EVERY skill level. In all fairness, if I still haven't gotten a job within a reasonable amount of time of completing the course, I may be back on here with further honest opinions. But for now, just remember, when you point a finger at someone else, three of your fingers are pointing right back at you.

ps. I read all of your comments. One of them said you went to Absolut Bartending School. The other said you went to ABC. These are two different schools, Jeron. With all due respect, this doesn't do much for your credibility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

notabartenderyet in Fayetteville, North Carolina

72 months ago

jeron ray in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: i went to absolut bartending college. I was told upon registering there that I would receive my license whether or not all tuition was paid or not but after paying 200 dollars of the 345 dollars.....I have not heard from them. The bad part is that I scored a 98 on the final test. I thought they were legit but I really think they are a group of scammers. I still have no job. what can I do?

those people ripped me off too. they were going thru some mutiny,disloyal employee break-up crap when i attended. its a scam. Mike hides in charlotte while people in fayetteville try to figure out what happened to them and their money. it took 6 months to get my useless certificate and i still have never bartended.i passed the test and never received my license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

qtpie11783 in Fayetteville, North Carolina

71 months ago

Maknmajik in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: Jeron,
Kudos for speaking your mind in the name of Free Speech. Now please allow me to speak mine. I don't mean to belittle your claims Jeron, but usually what you get out of a thing is directly proportional to what you put into it. First, let me say that I've been where you seem to be right now. I went to a bartending school in Wilmington a few years ago-6 scheduled classes over two weeks. The instructors were all young and didn't seem to want to be there. In fact, the regular instructor missed a few nights so the quality of instruction was diminished. In the end, I didn’t feel prepared to become a bartender, and didn’t pursue it further. I'm currently enrolled in Absolut Bartending School, and this time I’m doing MY best to succeed. So far, Mike and the girls at the school have been very cooperative in answering all my questions, and I have ABSOLUTely no complaints as to the quality of instruction. I originally told Tonya at Absolut that I planned to test and graduate within a week-that's only three scheduled classes. Instead, I went to every class available the first week - NINE classes, with an extra hour or two on Friday for additional practice. Even so, I'll probably need a few more classes to feel even marginally comfortable with this new skillset. I still haven't tested, so I can't respond to some of your claims, but all I can say is if you haven't got a job by now, you haven't really been trying. There are jobs out there for EVERY skill level. In all fairness, if I still haven't gotten a job within a reasonable amount of time of completing the course, I may be back on here with further honest opinions. But for now, just remember, when you point a finger at someone else, three of your fingers are pointing right back at you.

ps. I read all of your comments. One of them said you went to Absolut Bartending School. The other said you went to ABC. These are two different schools, Jeron. With all due resp

qtpie11783 in Fayetteville, North Carolina

71 months ago

hey i was just wondering im interested in going to bartending school which one should i go to? ABC or Absolut Bartending School?? and second did u have n e problems with ur school yet? did u pass and get ur certificate or license ???
thanks
kim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

maknmajik in Fayetteville, North Carolina

71 months ago

qtpie11783 in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: hey i was just wondering im interested in going to bartending school which one should i go to? ABC or Absolut Bartending School?? and second did u have n e problems with ur school yet? did u pass and get ur certificate or license ???
thanks
kim

Kim,
As of now, I still haven't been hired as a bartender, but mostly due to my own failings. I'm looking for a particular type of establishment, something I can be comfortable with. I tested at Absolut on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, and as yet, still have no idea of my score. I was told that I passed, but that was it. I suppose the actual score doesn't really matter. I paid off the class around the middle of December, but still haven't received a Certificate or card. Again, I don't know that an actual certification is required to be hired, so I'm not sweating it...yet. I still want what I paid for. I paid off the $70 bartending kit just after Christmas, but was too late for any end-of-year private party work. This past week (around the 5th of January) I received my very first call from the school. Ever. They were telling me about a new club opening up in Fayetteville, and when they were taking apps. I went and interviewed Saturday. Not exactly what I was looking for, but I need to get to work, and if they're willing to take on a rookie bartender, I'm inclined to try.

Regarding which school to attend- I don't know which is better as I've only attended one of them. As for instruction and method, Mike at Absolut did a good job. He made it interesting and funny.
I thoroughly enjoyed the class. It's management I would be concerned about. I'm beginning to think that this is the norm for bartending schools. If you want to bartend, Absolut is probably as good as ABC, but be prepared to job hunt on your own. Take what you learn and use it to your best advantage.

You can only be let down if you've been leaning on someone to begin with.

pphath in Fort Bragg, North Carolina

69 months ago

i attend ABC Bartending school and I think it is great the teachers are really, and they do everything they can to make you pass.. on the day you take you test they bring in your certification wether you pass or not. Also the dont lie about job placement..Absolute first told me thatthe put you in a job, and it was stated ealier but the when you go in and talk to them they are quick to tell you that it is up to the emloyer wether or not you get the job, they just send you their.

I like ABC's honesty, they told me up front that their isno job guarentee, that you have to interview for any place they send you to. And the teachers are great

maknmajik in Fayetteville, North Carolina

69 months ago

Well, I have no complaints or comments about the teacher at Absolut either, except that he is a cantankerous old prick, lol. He was funny and very patiently answered every silly question. Actually, I think he was only cantankerous with me, cause I'm better looking than he is, and a good bit thinner. But he did try his best to give us an idea of what life was like in the real world of bartending. I dropped by the school the other day and told him that I still hadn't received my certificate. He asked my name again, then immediately produced it from a folder. Apparently, he's running the place now. As for job placement, Absolut didn't guarantee me a job. No school can do that. You must apply and interview like anywhere else. What she did say was that they did private parties and she could hook us up with a gig after buying their $70 bartending kit. I haven't done one yet. I fully expect things to get better at Absolut with new management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

young america in Houston, Texas

67 months ago

so how is ABC bartending school? Are they scam?

Kara in Sanford, North Carolina

64 months ago

I went to Absoult Bartending School. The classes are okay. You hear a lot more about personal experiences than you do about mixing drinks, but there is a nice setup. However the management is HORRIBLE!! I was pulled in by Tonya when I called about the school I was told that if I did pay $100 deposit that would cover my book and certificate and then you still have to later pay around $250. So your total investment would be $350. When I told her that I could not afford to spend $100, I was told that I would be setup with a job that day as either a cocktail waitress, or a door girl and I would make my $100 dollars back quickly. So I jumped on the chance of getting a job, and giving them $100. The management area is very disorganized. When I went in I was told that they were also hiring and that Tonya really wanted to hire me for the position that they had open but I had to finish barteneding school first. I was given three post notes on the same day I paid my $100, that had places that I could go and get a job. I did not get a job that day. I called Tonya back that same day, and even stopped back by Absolut bartending again that same day with no success. I attending my first class on Monday, and after my class was over I had to wait for Tonya to arrive at around 1pm just to get an answer on any jobs that I could apply to or get. I paid her some more money, and she didn't have anything for me but told me she would call me later. And told me she would help me get a job so I could finish paying them what I still owed. So I attending class for the rest of the week, and was sold the same story everyday, and she didn't do anything. Didn't call like she said she would, and when I would ask her about any job she would say she would check everything and get back to me and never did. I stopped going to the classes, because this school IS a scam. Employers know about this school and will not hire yo

Kara in Sanford, North Carolina

64 months ago

Employers will not hire you because people have applied there before with training from absolut bartending and still do not know how to make drinks!! (You can call the Sports Club in Pinehurst, NC they will let you know in full detail) IT is not promised that they can get you a job once you finish school, but I was told I could get job before I even finish the school just to work simple jobs not as a bartender. On top of that they tell you, you need one to bartend. Tonya FINALLY called me a few days ago to ask if I would still be attending. I laughed at her and told her no that I had a full time job and the hours they offer the class would not work with my schedule and I explained to her why I disapproved of the school and her work ethics. She told me that when I am as busy as she is and the only person I would understand that she would not be able to get with me. I explained to her that when you come into to work in the afternoon you must not be that busy, on top of that I explained to her that I am a Human Resources Director for a sports and entertainment marketing firm, and I am also the only one, and when I make a promise to contact someone whether its what they want to hear or not, I at least let them know what is going on. She then tried to tell me I would go to collections, I told her I didn't care, she tried to talk me into coming back, and I told her it was out of the questions and I hung up. Do not get involved with this company they are a LIE, try and take a class elsewhere!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gabrielsmommy in Fayetteville, North Carolina

59 months ago

I also attended ABC and i passed the test got my certificate. i Also payed for a bar kit 7 months ago and still not got it I do have a job but they did not have anything to do with it i went an apply and got it on my own but i would like my money back for the bar kit

ME OF COURSE in Lumber Bridge, North Carolina

55 months ago

jeron ray in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: i went to absolut bartending college. I was told upon registering there that I would receive my license whether or not all tuition was paid or not but after paying 200 dollars of the 345 dollars.....I have not heard from them. The bad part is that I scored a 98 on the final test. I thought they were legit but I really think they are a group of scammers. I still have no job. what can I do?

YEAH UI WENT THERE 2 I ALSO BELIEVE THEY R BULLSHYT...THEY HARRASSED ME BOUT THE MONEY B4 I EVEN SIGNED MY NAME ON THE ATTENDANCE SHEET!!!LMAO THEY JUST WANT MONEY THEY WONT FIND U A JOB THEY ALWAYS SAY ILL CALL U WHEN I HEAR SUMTHING BULLL SH*T

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stillnojob in Fort Bragg, North Carolina

49 months ago

well i go to absolute bartending college and they suck when i signed up they told i could pay for the down payment which was $100 than i could pay $245 once i got placed at a job and they will worked with me.i have been in the class now for a month.And during that time they cancelled once a day during the week i attended the class Tuesday-Thursday from 12:00-1:30pm.and i really haven't learned anything i learned more by teaching my self and going online and watching ppl do it the right way.and the only person that really teach the class is Victoria she should get her own class and run it.As for Tonya and Tony there so messed up they cant run the class,they come in around 2:00 and don't do anything.I have been told from day one that they would seen me out to jobs that were hiring and the they haven't done that yet.I have took my test and made a perfect 100 on the test but i had to damn near beg hear to grade my test.Tonya has been telling me that she is going to call me and that never happens.i have to go up there and see whats going on like i did my test.i still owe money on the $245.but i thought i was going to get placed with a cocktail job like they saying that i could pay with the tips that i got from it and i could pay it off.But the people that get to go out and get the jobs are people that kiss Tonya and tony butt and they are best friend.Those are the ones that they help.since i have took my test i have not got no licenses or my certificate. i would tell any body that wants to go there not to do it.Tonya and Tony are full of crap and they do not do there job.Everybody get different prices when they sign up.DONT GO THERE.Its to the point were im thinking about talking them to court for false advertising and sign papers and not keeping up there end.And many places do not hire you once i told then that i went to absolute bartending college cause they think there full of crap and they know that they don't teach anything.I wish i went to the ABC school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

not going to get scerwed over in Fayetteville, North Carolina

46 months ago

so did you have any more luck or did you have to take them to court cause i myself am finding this place to screw people over they never give you any jobs and dont fall for there "O ill help you out act cause thay are not going to help" do your self a favor and save your money

Musickrobbin in Gretna, Louisiana

16 months ago

i went to absolut bartending college. I was told upon registering there that I would receive my license. I got a certificate of completion, I moved back home was looking for a paper and just realized that the date on this certificate is wrong. now i am trying to get in touch with someone, so they can fix it. Are they closed down now?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.