Best schools in Fort Wayne?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Where are the best schools or school districts in Fort Wayne?

Reply - Report abuse

Fort Wayne Mom in Fort Wayne, Indiana

26 months ago

There are many great private or public options. You can,t go wrong with Northwest or Southwest school district. If you are looking for a private option Canterbury School has a fantastic reputation for challenging academics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hire_me_dammit in Fort Wayne, Indiana

26 months ago

I would try public schools

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bubbles70 in Chicago, Illinois

26 months ago

Fort Wayne Mom in Fort Wayne, Indiana said: There are many great private or public options. You can,t go wrong with Northwest or Southwest school district. If you are looking for a private option Canterbury School has a fantastic reputation for challenging academics.

Norwest allen??? Really??
Northeast Allen.. Leo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rmbrown9190 in Fort Wayne, Indiana

25 months ago

Well that depends. I spent years at public (FWCS) and private. Private schools are more advanced and the kids are "smarter" because they are taught more. I went to Zion and Unity (Now joined as Lutheran South Unity School) and Zion was eh, but Unity was amazing. I've heard it's not so great that they are joined, but I don't personally know.
For high school, I went to South Side. South Side isn't NEARLY as bad as the reputation it has. It has a very, very diverse culture and I witnessed/experienced very LITTLE hate and racism there.
My sister went Concordia Lutheran High School. Concordia has an option to opt out of phys ed by taking JROTC instead. The culture there is very diverse for a private school, but is still pretty decent school.
Now, I've met quite a few people from many different schools and lemme tell you, almost all the ones I've met from Heritage (EACS) and Carroll (NWCS) are VERY racist and intolerant hillybilly type kids and man was I embarrassed to be around them when I was a teenager because they made all teenagers look bad. Now, Woodlan and Leo (EACS) are also "country" type schools, but I've met much nicer, respectful children from there.
Now, Heritage, Leo, and Woodlan are all Jr/Sr high which I've always been uncomfortable with because I feel if you are 12, you shouldn't be going to school in the same building as an 18 year old because you are on completely different developmental levels and unfortunately, when I was 13, I met several girls at Heritage that were coerced into "relations" by senior boys......
Anyways, my top pick for high school only would be Homestead. Academics are great and so are the kids. I've never met a Homestead kid I didn't like. But for Jr/Sr High, I would pick Woodlan or Leo.
Personally, I've never met a Canterbury student, but I hear the academics are amazing (and expensive also). I've met a few Bishop Dwenger and Luers students and I like some and don't like others, but I hear academics are good, too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.