Jobs available for people with felony records

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 462)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Marilyn Terry

71 months ago

Can you help? I am disabled and my husband just got out of prison, 3 weeks ago. We are living at my mothers house paying 300.oo a month rent.I am driving a car that is falling apart. My husband can't get his drivers license back until 2015. He is required to report to probation once a month.He has to attend classes twice a week, and attend AA meetings. We only recieve $700.00 a month and are having a hard time making ends meet. Any advice would be appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

faye in Fort Worth, Texas

71 months ago

this is my first time on this web site and it is very encouraging, i have a 26yr old daughter with 2 kids she has a felon she did not go to prison she was given 5yrs probation and to do community service, but she is having problems finding a job, she loves working with group hm patients ,MHMR patients, she has about 3yrs exp in that field, she's a hard worker and a good worker, but after they check her background they would let her go, but she knows that there is a god,she's trying to hold on to her faith, so if there is anyone out there that can help her in this field pls let us know GOD BLESS YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

misty3 in FORT WORTH, Texas

71 months ago

iam 26 years old can't find a job, i have a felony on my backgroung,made a wrong decision helping a friend did not know the check she gave me to cash for her was stolen i was given 5yrs probation and community service, i have two children, once i get a job and they run my background they let me go, i love working with MHMR PATIENTS, GROUP HOMES, I HAVE WORKED IN THAT FIELD FOR 3YRS, PLEASE HELP,I KNOW GOD IS REAL AND I AM TRYING TO HOLD ON TO MY FAITH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Huck in Fort Worth, Texas

71 months ago

I'm looking for fairhousing, I am an ex-felon, I need something very inexpensive and on a busline, <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

shauncey perry in Mesquite, Texas

71 months ago

misty3 in FORT WORTH, Texas said: iam 26 years old can't find a job, i have a felony on my backgroung,made a wrong decision helping a friend did not know the check she gave me to cash for her was stolen i was given 5yrs probation and community service, i have two children, once i get a job and they run my background they let me go, i love working with MHMR PATIENTS, GROUP HOMES, I HAVE WORKED IN THAT FIELD FOR 3YRS, PLEASE HELP,I KNOW GOD IS REAL AND I AM TRYING TO HOLD ON TO MY FAITH

to begin: Salvation Army on lancaster in fort worth. Start as a case aide. call me if interested. I will contact them first and give you some other leads. this is only a start. you must begin a new work history. 3-6 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Margaret Huck in Fort Worth, Texas said: I'm looking for fairhousing, I am an ex-felon, I need something very inexpensive and on a busline, 817-831-1017.

need to know desired location and expenses available. <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

71 months ago

Dianna R in Texas said: what is your profession?

contractor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

give me a couple of days. i will get back with you. meantime apt. locators can help you also. i will get more info. for you.

keyara g in Saint Augustine, Florida

71 months ago

PLEASE HELP AND PRAY FOR ME FIND A JOB .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Teressa in Dallas, Texas

71 months ago

L.J. Hammonds II in Fort Worth, Texas said: Not only will you make it you will be victorious! I HAVE AROSE FROM MY PAST,AND SO CAN YOU. I have the Peace that surpasses all understanding. True the world tells us that with a felony you can't do this or that. However the word says I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME. WE HAVE TO PULL OUR STRENGTH THROUGH HIM. OUR STRENGTH IS OUR FAITH. IF THEY WON'T HIRE FELONS OR EDUCATE FELONS. THEN WE START BUSINESSES AND EMPLOY EACH OTHER. WE CAN TEACH EACH OTHER TRADES WE HAVE LEARNED .WE CAN GET INTO APPRENTICESHIPS. MY DREAM IS TO START THIS NON-PROFIT FOR EX-FELONS. FIGHT AT WHATEVER LEVEL OF THE GOVERNMENT TO SEE THAT FELONS GET A 2ND CHANCE. HAVE THE FIRST FORBES 500 BUSINESS RAN AND OPERATED BY EX-FELONS. YES WE MADE SOME UNWISE CHOICES,BUT WE ARE SOME OF THE SMARTEST PEOPLE. WHAT IF BILL GATES WAS A FELON? WOULD THE WORLD BE WITHOUT MICROSOFT? WE ARE THAT NEXT BIG THING.
GOD BLESS YOU. I ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO CONTACT ME. WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER ,THERE IS POWER IN NUMBERS. MOST IMPORTANTLY THERE IS POWER IN THE NAME OF JESUS. HE PROMISE HE WOULD NEVER LEAVE US NOR FORSAKE US. SO WE ARE NOT ABANDONED JUST DIVIDED. JOIN ME!

L.J. HAMMONDS II (817.781.2776)

L.J., I was estatic to see your comment about having a business run by felons. I have been researching to see how feasible it would be to buy a run down apartment complex and have ex-felons rehab it for them to live in. They would also be responsible for maintaining the building and the grounds. My ultimate goal is to have housing and a resource center for ex-felons that would include counseling- individual and family, budget counseling, job interviw skills. I am currently researching to see what is already out there and how well it is working.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

L.J.HAMMONDSII in Dallas, Texas

70 months ago

GOD BLESS YOU TERESSA. I'm so glad you have reached out to me. I embrace your vision. I would love to talk with you. My Goal is to form a commitee in which we can plan and execute what needs to be done. Please give me a call 817.781.2776 I free everyday from 12-1pm During Lunch Hours. I'm also free after 4:30pm M-F. I look forward to hearing from you. MAY GOD ADD A BLESSING TO YOUR DAY.

Need a Good Job in Mesquite, Texas

70 months ago

I have a felony conviction for Theft. I am an experienced dispatcher looking for a position ASAP. I have dispatched Plumbing/HVAC and transportation. Can anyone help? I also can do CSR and admin work.

Melba in Irving, Texas

70 months ago

Thank you all for you testimonies, am following God plan for my life moved her to Texas, me having hot checks misdemeanor one Felony 2001, yes sometime we make bad choices in life at the time were nessary due to proverty the things that happen to you when in the world, and not having faith and trusting in the Lord! The-Lord-Will-Provide JEHOVAH JIREH. Genesis 22:14
I AM GOING TO GET THE JOB GOD HAS PROMISED ME!!!!
THE devil is a LYER!!! WE MUST FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PRAY,DECREE,FAST DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES Faith with out works is dead

if there is anyone that owns a business and don't mind hiring a Re-born christians with on the job experience Clerical/Secretarial 3 years/Customer Service 5 years experience please contact me at melba.kennedy72@hotmail.com..... I DECREE IN THE NAME OF JESUS I ALREADY HAVE MY JOB WAITING ON THE PHONE TO RING AMEN!

G in Plano, Texas

70 months ago

Although I am not a felon or Ex-Con, I am glad to see there is a forum in which those of us with checkered pasts come seeking employment assistance. I totally feel your pain. I have several misdemeanors (One Charge) on my record which henders me from securing stable employment. I have applied to positions with the local work force commissions and temp agencies. Once I start working or go in for the interview, I am denied employment or let go due to my past. Now I don't blame anyone for the choices I made; however, I feel I have paid my debt to society and should be allowed to move forward with my life (job wise). I am a Army Vet with many years of telecommunications experience(WAN, LAN, Voice & Data, Fire Alarm, Admin, Logistics, etc...). If anyone knows of someone that can use my expertise, please let me know.

L.J. Hammonds II in Dallas, Texas

70 months ago

Amen Sista you continue to walk in the power of the Lord! Your right Faith without works is dead. I always tell people Walk and Pray. You got have to understand Praying with no sense of the power of prayer will have you standing still. But when you know that the PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS AVAILETH MUCH! YOU CAN'T HELP WALKING TOWARDS WHAT HE HAS FOR YOU. I have just got a job myself and i thank God . give me a call 817.781.2776. Elder L.J. Hammonds II

Shauncey Perry in Garland, Texas

70 months ago

shauncey perry in Little Rock, Arkansas said: doing some research long distance. will get back to you soon. Until then apply for housing with the city of dallas.

sorry took so long. email me at sdpperry@yahoo.com this website does not allow me to give phone numbers out anymore. let me know how everything goes.

Shauncey Perry in Garland, Texas

70 months ago

misty3 in FORT WORTH, Texas said: iam 26 years old can't find a job, i have a felony on my backgroung,made a wrong decision helping a friend did not know the check she gave me to cash for her was stolen i was given 5yrs probation and community service, i have two children, once i get a job and they run my background they let me go, i love working with MHMR PATIENTS, GROUP HOMES, I HAVE WORKED IN THAT FIELD FOR 3YRS, PLEASE HELP,I KNOW GOD IS REAL AND I AM TRYING TO HOLD ON TO MY FAITH

email me at sdpperry@yahoo.com i may be able to send you in the correct direction.

Dee in Southlake, Texas

69 months ago

Dustin in Beaumont, Texas said: I have a college degree and am getting revoked for missing a meeting. I am stressed out because I will lose a lot. I was wondering what you do in a hospital with a record. I also know LCDC's can have records, plumbers, electricians, a/c men and women, mechanics as well; my problem is I am a white collar worker who graduated with honors in the top of my class. I put myself above nobody else, but I love sales, marketing, and business and I dont know if I will be able to maintain that part of my life. I like this site.
Please reply

I really feel for you - I have applied to many hospitals and have recently found they will not hire me due to Assault on family member(exhusband) from 1993. Also, it seems I must look elsewhere since the law in Texas prohibits my working in healthcare - at all. Many agencies I have talked to have suggested I just keep pluggin away and be honest. Well, honestly ---- honesty got me no where. Bless you and please keep looking. Darlene

Dee in Southlake, Texas

69 months ago

mom in Dallas, Texas said: MY HUSBAND HAS 3 DUI'S NOW HAS A FELONY BECAUSE OF IT. I'M TRYING TO GET HIM TO GO TO SCHOOL TO TRAIN AS AN XRAY TECH OR SIMULAR IN A HOSPITAL. HE SAYS HOSPITALS WILL NOT HIRE HIM BECAUSE OF THE DUI FELON IS THIS TRUE ?

Hospitals are very tough to get a job with any negative background. I have tried them all in dallas/ft.worth as an administrative assistant. I have an assault charge from 15 yrs ago. Has he tried HardToHire.com? My prayers to your family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mike in East Lansing, Michigan

69 months ago

I have a question for anyone who has insight in this matter. I have 2 felonies from when i was 17 and 18 att. robbery and distributing illegal materials. I am currently attending college for a major in psychology, so I can better help people that have been or are in the same situations i have experienced. does anyone know what the future job field would look like for me since i have 2 prior convictions. are the odds against me or in my favor.

Thanks for your help!

shauncey perry in Dallas, Texas

69 months ago

any entry level position is open to ex-felons. u must sell your self this time. after you have applied online. proceed to that or those departments (entry-level). And work your jelly with confidense that you would be an asset. not a bowl of depression. lol
three to five days return early to does departments to check on the status of you start date, in a humorous manor. u will be test and tried because of the one's before you. so, take my daddy (Almighty Father) to the interview wit ya. and to work.

Don't forget, that since you had no respect for yourself then. Certain individuals think that you don't today. So, we don't listen to you any more, yet watch your actions. So, start walkin tall.

Dee in Southlake, Texas

69 months ago

Easy Rider0137 in Johnson city, Tennessee said: Try to get your conviction expunged. Look in the judiciary website for your state and see if you qualify. Less serious offenses, like misdemeanors, may be eligible. You can do it pro se meaning represent yourself. A lawyer may charge you quite a bit. Get the information on how to do it, get your personal information ready (copies of warrants, dispositions, complaints), and apply for it. May take a few months but if it can be wiped out you can legally reply NO to the "Any convictions" question.

By FCRA law, ALL arrests up to 7 years can be reported on a background check. and ALL convictions no matter how old. An expungement can wipe out arrest records as well. Just make sure you dot all the I's and cross all the T's in your paperwork.

Explunction in the State of Texas with conviction of any assault (even a misdemeanor) does not qualify. I have been searching for a year and finally spoke to an attorney. Explunction... not possible. I was recently fired from a Healthcare facility (after 10 months of employment) since in Texas it is unlawful to work in healthcare- At least, that's what they told me. (also, I was told by top lady -- that I was an exemplary employee and she hated to let me go). Thanks for trying anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

misty3 ft worth texas in Cheshire, Connecticut

69 months ago

shauncey perry in Mesquite, Texas said: to begin: Salvation Army on lancaster in fort worth. Start as a case aide. call me if interested. I will contact them first and give you some other leads. this is only a start. you must begin a new work history. 3-6 months.

this is misty3 in fort worth i am sorry that i did not respond
but my internet service was off ,but iam back on and iam still interested in u helping me with a job even if i have to start at
salvation army please contact me bk please regarding the salvation army on lancaster iam very much interested with what ever u can assist me in , thank u so very much misty3 fort worth tx

misty3 ft worth texas in Arlington, Texas

69 months ago

if some one can help me please email me at
forrest-moore@att.net, i really need a second chance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Britney in Dallas, Texas

69 months ago

Hi my fiance is up for parole in January 2009, basically the family and I are trying to find job leads and scholarship programs that will be an assistants to him to provide the parole board with a good support system for him once released. We know with the faith of god and no disciplinary actions against him that it is a good chance that he would be sent home. He has served half of his time and once paroled he would like to start on a good track. He is an excellent drawer and is interested in Computer Grapics Technolgy. He would like to be of assistants to me with the kids which it is hard myself providing. He would like to work and attend to school to provide a better life fo himself and ours. He was convicted of Robbery by Threat which was committed in 2005 and possesion of firearm that occured in 2006 he was sentenced for both crimes Sept.2006. We encourage him to keep his faith in the lord, he is only 21 years old and understands his mistakes and would like to prove to society that people can make a change. I would just like to give him some available resources to motivate him and let him know that there is a chance. He has been so worried about going agaisnt the board of parole in January. Any help and knowledge, even words of encouragement I have provided a email for him that his mom and I check daily on any resouceful information. brandonw0109@yahoo.com Thank You so much and god bless.

Rev.L.J.Hammonds II in Fort Worth, Texas

69 months ago

Yes I would like to help please e-mail me. I'll see what i can do. However i know what God can do.
God Bless.

Britney in Desoto, Texas

69 months ago

Rev.L.J.Hammonds II in Fort Worth, Texas said: Yes I would like to help please e-mail me. I'll see what i can do. However i know what God can do.
God Bless.

Thank You so much for your assistants you can email me on brandon0109@yahoo.com Thank you again Rev. Hammonds and god bless.

C-Harmony in San Antonio, Texas

69 months ago

can anyone please help. My boyfriend will be going to court this week for burgulary to building. He is having to pay restatution. Will he gave to time or can he recieve probation. this is first felony.

69 months ago

shoot me an e-mail l.j.hammonds2@gmail.com . I will give you my number so i can help you with some of your questions. We are not permitted to post our numbers here anymore.

NLJ in Dallas, Texas

69 months ago

I have a felony that just got put on me sept of 08, and the court made me tell my job, so my job let me go. well i am now looking for a job and it is so hard to find a job and a apt because nobody wants you to work for them, i am a really good person, i just help. do you have any suggestions shauncey perry? if so thank you

NLJ in Dallas, Texas

69 months ago

if anybody has any ideas please email me at exclusive429@aol.com thanks

C-Harmony in San Antonio, Texas

69 months ago

Rev.L.J.Hammonds II in Fort Worth, Texas said: shoot me an e-mail l.j.hammonds2@gmail.com . I will give you my number so i can help you with some of your questions. We are not permitted to post our numbers here anymore.

I am running out of time court date is tomorrow and i am real nervous for him

Canni in Corpus Christi, Texas

69 months ago

i have a felony conviction of aggravated robbery...i am currently in probation for 4 years. I have serve two and i need to find a job. it is very difficult for me to get a job because nobody will hire me because of my conviction. I try to explain it was not my fault but people just dont give anyone a second chance, especially convicts. i am currently attending college for physical therapist. as of right now, i need to change my career because felons cant pursue a career in the medical field. I need a job and advise for a career i can pursue. Anybody that can provide me with help and information i will appreciated. By the way, i am certified as a medical assitant.

misty3 ft worth texas in Arlington, Texas

69 months ago

please i would like to hear from someone who can help me find a job , 1am 26years old have two children ages 5,7, i have a felon background iam having a hard time finding a job, just in the wrong place with someone who i thought was my friend, but i do know god is able, please email me at forrest-moore@att.net , i need your help

Dee in Southlake, Texas

69 months ago

I know it is so tough to find job with any conviction. I recently was fired from a position in healthcare after being there for 10 months. They began doing backgrounds and I was released. I was convicted in 1995 and still having problems. I have been told over and over to just keep trying since anyone who will hire doesn't like it to get out that they hire ex-cons. It has been suggested that I try the construction, oil companies, etc. I am an experienced admin. asst., but even the agencies won't look at me. I also went to the Re-Entry Program in Fort Worth and they were helpful. I pray they may be able to help you. Dee

69 months ago

Well Canni keep your head up. Everyday you wake up is another chance. I myself am a ex-felon. I understand what your vgoing through. I myself besides ministry work for a company named Cornerstone Construction. However currently I'm Laid off until December. That's one Field most trades will not frown on ex-felon.
Shoot me an e-mail i would love to see what resources are available in your area. l.j.hammonds2@gmail.com God Bless,
L.J.HAMMONDSII

misty3 ft worth texas in Dallas, Texas

69 months ago

what is the re-entry program, could you email me information
forrest-moore@att.net

Eric in Atlantic City, New Jersey

68 months ago

Hello everyone. My blog has moved to:

www.jailtojob.com/wordpress

reggie in Arlington, Texas

68 months ago

I have a brother inlaw that's staying with my wife, and I. He tells me that thier is no asst. for felons when it comes to drivers lic, ID, he said his parol officer said he has to have these items before 12-8-08. Is it true or hes just bying time. Because I really cant support him and my family.

cooimpala in Dallas, Texas

68 months ago

shauncey in Fort Worth, Texas said: T.D. Jakes has a program (T.O.R.I). In your field of employment. Their employment coach can truly assist you. Down fall! Must be willing to move. Coach name: Edward Thomas.

is there a reason why you have to be willing to move my hsb stays in fort worth

Dee in Southlake, Texas

68 months ago

reggie in Arlington, Texas said: I have a brother inlaw that's staying with my wife, and I. He tells me that thier is no asst. for felons when it comes to drivers lic, ID, he said his parol officer said he has to have these items before 12-8-08. Is it true or hes just bying time. Because I really cant support him and my family.

Something doesn't sound kosher, but there is an agency called Re-Entry Services in Ft. Worth. Their address is 3001 Race St., Ft. Worth. They can definately assist him with lots of questions on the phone and by filling out application for assistance. This is a new Texas agency - just fully up and running this year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dame in Fort Worth

68 months ago

I am a 29 year old male. i have a felony conv. Of possession of controlled sub. Its 5 yrs old and I never went to prison. I have two yrs of college in info tech, but its useless now. I am a very bright young man who made one mistake that's costing me all I can give. Can you please help me with my trouble. I am willin to relocate........thank soo much!

You can email me at pirex6674@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

markntx1969@yahoo.com in Dallas, Texas

68 months ago

MY NAME IS MARK,IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A JOB IN THE FT.WORTH AREA.I HAVE 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE OILFIELD, BUT EVEN THEY ARE DOING BACKGROUND CHECKS NOW.... ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEEZE?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Liz1971

68 months ago

In 1995, my job was downsized and i went from working full time to part time. At the time my daughter was only 1 yr. old and I was faced with homelessness. I made a stupid decision to supplement my income by selling drugs until I either found another job, or until another full time position became available. Needless to say, I got caught and instead of getting 10 years, I got 4 yrs probation. I ended up violating probation by returning to my home state of Mississippi. After 7 years, the police picked me up and I was sent back to Texas and was sentenced to 2 years for the probation violation. I served 10 months. In February, 2005 I was off parole.

Today I am a senior Business Administration major with a 3.5 gpa. I graduate in May and I'm so afraid that employers will not look past my one conviction and give me a chance. Does anyone have any suggestions? They will be greatly appreciated

Lizzy
cooperlizzy@aol.com

sean in Mesquite, Texas

68 months ago

reggie in Arlington, Texas said: I have a brother inlaw that's staying with my wife, and I. He tells me that thier is no asst. for felons when it comes to drivers lic, ID, he said his parol officer said he has to have these items before 12-8-08. Is it true or hes just bying time. Because I really cant support him and my family.

free loader, or great salesman

Dee in Southlake, Texas

68 months ago

My experience is application usual verbage is "Have you ever been arrested or convicted of crime other than a traffic violation". Your arrest and conviction remain on your record forever. You can file a "Petition to Clear Record" with the court system. But, that will only apply to your arrest record.

Eli in Port Isabel, Texas

68 months ago

eldor luedtke in Fort Worth, Texas said: my name is eldor im 30 soon to be married just had my first daughter and have transportation does anybody know anyone who will hire and ex felon who has never went to prison?

careers@retailenergyconsultants.com

Yes visit www.energyvideos.info

Join our Team!

68 months ago

shannon nelson~ in Dallas, Texas said: my name is shannon and i am a recovering addict with three years clean as of yesturday, i am having such a difficult time finding an actual job that will "last"., telemarketing hires anyone, but if you aren't good at begging for your paycheck by calling the elderly with schemes, then your looking in the unemployment ads for days on end! this number above needs to be passed out all over the state of texas, t.d. jakes is my pastor, and i had no clue this was available, so thank you for the information, i will see to it that i use it, as well as pass it around.!!! thanks and god bless those struggling with felonys, i pray this new election brings in opportunity to our kind. shannon nelson, of d-town.

Join our Team!

68 months ago

denise in Whitney, Texas said: I'm so worried about my son who is also a college grad soon to get out of a re-hab looking for work. He is also a felon- intoxicated assault with a vehicle. Any ideas for a job in east texas?

Join our Team!

68 months ago

cruiser32 in Montgomery, Pennsylvania said: My fiance & I supplement our income with a network marketing business. You may view our personal website here:

www.smellthesuccess.info[/QUOTEC

Check out this business!

www.energyvideos.info

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.