Jobs available for people with felony records

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 461)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

coopimpala in Fort Worth, Texas

74 months ago

Hard2Hire.org Home Affiliates Incentives Why H2H? FAQ Contact About Hard2Hire believes that people committed to positive change should have access to the opportunities and tools needed to begin those changes and to make them permanent.

H2H is a FREE service.
Get Ready for Work
Hard2Hire matches people with limited job opportunities with innovative employers willing to adjust their hiring practices to access America's hidden asset - the 70 million people struggling with a criminal record. Companies willing to think in new ways access both qualified labor and state and federal workforce incentives. By bringing these groups together, jobs will be filled, families will prosper, recidivism rates will fall, and our communities will be strengthened. Hard2Hire is a free service. Search for jobs
For Job Seekers
Learn More
Is your record holding you back?
Find employment opportunities in your area. This is a free service.
For Employers
Learn More
Need quality help?
Interested in financial incentives?
Find eligible candidates in your area. This is a free service.

Affiliate Partnership
Learn More
Partner with H2H and expand your organization nationwide!
Together we can help millions. This is a free service.
Validate our: XHTML | CSS
Copyright © 2008 Hard2Hire.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

coopimpala in Fort Worth, Texas

74 months ago

Hard2Hire.org Home Affiliates Incentives Why H2H? FAQ Contact About Hard2Hire believes that people committed to positive change should have access to the opportunities and tools needed to begin those changes and to make them permanent.

H2H is a FREE service.
Get Ready for Work
Hard2Hire matches people with limited job opportunities with innovative employers willing to adjust their hiring practices to access America's hidden asset - the 70 million people struggling with a criminal record. Companies willing to think in new ways access both qualified labor and state and federal workforce incentives. By bringing these groups together, jobs will be filled, families will prosper, recidivism rates will fall, and our communities will be strengthened. Hard2Hire is a free service. Search for jobs
For Job Seekers
Learn More
Is your record holding you back?
Find employment opportunities in your area. This is a free service.
For Employers
Learn More
Need quality help?
Interested in financial incentives?
Find eligible candidates in your area. This is a free service.

Affiliate Partnership
Learn More
Partner with H2H and expand your organization nationwide!
Together we can help millions. This is a free service.
Validate our: XHTML | CSS
Copyright © 2008 Hard2Hire.org

this may help you all find a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lagniappe in Ridgeland, Mississippi

74 months ago

denise in Whitney, Texas said: I'll pass this on to my son who is scheduled to get out of a court ordered re-hab in Sept. he was able to finish his bachelors degree while in re-hab but now I'm worried about him finding work. He will have to live with me at till he finds work and we live in a rural area. His offense was "intoxicated assault with a vehicle".

Denise,
I also have a son who was convicted for intoxicated assault with a vehicle. We live in MS and he works in LA. At this time we are worried about his job and if he will be able to work after they realize he has a felony. He works in international waters (offhsore).
The company was very good to hold his job for thirty days (jail time) but his superiors tell him every day that he will not move up in the company, due to the felony. I am concerned any thoughts to share.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rev.L.J.Hammonds II in Fort Worth, Texas

74 months ago

I invite all to join me this Sunday at St.Judes Baptist Church
4801 E.Loop 820 south,Ft.Worth Tx 76119. "Hear what Thus said the Lord" We all are going through some tough times ,and wqe must pull together as a community of ex-felons.I will have a listing of jobs in the vmetroplex area that hires felons.You also may check out my myspace page that also has the list.www.myspace.com/gatewayofopportunity
Please hold on to Gods unchanging hand

Rev. L.J. Hammonds II

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I just want to respond to the sister Ashley Bryant in El Paso.
Stay encourage and make sure he does the same. I have a list of Jobs that consider hiring ex-felons.Go to my myspace page.www.myspace.com/gatewayofopportunity
I also want to comment on the comment sent to you. Dump the dude and find yourself a decent man. That info could lock you out of want God has for you and Him. Do not allow outside influence on a inside situation. Sister stand by your man without any outside garbage.It is a process keep God the focus and not the situation at hand. He will come.He is an on time God.

HomeWorker in Port Isabel, Texas

74 months ago

Carol check out www.energyvideos.info

This is Real! No Catch!
My info is on there if you are interested

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

I am trying to help my brother-in-law who has a job but is having a very difficult time paying his restitution and court fees while trying to support his family. Can anyone help us find a way to help reduce his mandated restitution based on his salary for the State of Texas?

Lauren Espinoza in Dallas, Texas

73 months ago

Hi mu name is Lauren and I am 21 years old. I have a two year old little girl that i love to death. When i was younger i mad mistakes in my life and now im paying for it. I was working for a company for two years that didnt care about my backround then i got layed off in Dec. Ever since then i"ve been looking and no one will hire me. If you know of any help please let me know .

avanelle in Tulsa, Oklahoma

73 months ago

I am an ex felon in Tulsa. I was convicted of manslaughter 9 years ago and was released from prison about 8 mos ago. Right now i have a light industrial job. I am looking to relocate to Ft.Worth and am wondering what jobs may be available to a violent ex offender.

Mj4 in Fort Worth, Texas

73 months ago

Hello, My name is DeMesa im writing today because of the encouragement from all the comments that were listed. Im also married to an ex felon,As of right now he is the sole provider of the household. Im currently a full time student,and we have 4 beautiful daughters an (8)yr. old and (3)yr old Triplets.
I've been on the waiting list for Tarrant County Housing for 4years, and today I was told that we would be denied because of my husband conviction. Eventhough everything else was intact, from job stability to our living arrangements. But inspite of it all I have yet to claim my Victory, and know this is another obstacle the devil has TRIED to place in our path. But I am in deed still determine to walk with this walk Jesus. Please feel free to offer any suggestion, And pray ME and my family!!

vclsmith in San Jose, California

73 months ago

Sharon in Atlanta, Georgia said: I have also been self employed working in the real estate profession. Due to a slow market I am also in need of fulltime employment. If anyone has any information about jobs for a customer service representative,leasing agent or office assistant please respond. (conviction is 17 yrs old). Thanks

Don't have info on jobs listed, but you can have your record explunged.

73 months ago

There is no doubt Demesa that the devil is TRYING to make you waiver in your faith. I MYSELF AM AN EX-FELON. However God seen fit to bless me with his calling to preach and minister to his people. I moved to Texas in July it was hard but I gained Employment in September by Prayer and Applying for jobs without ceasing. My apartment situation was close to yours. I have a family as well. My Wife just had to put the lease in her name. I would continue to pay the bills. Sometimes I should say ALL THE TIME. Couples have to work as a team. Where one is weak the other must be strong and vice versa. The system is set up against us. We must work smarter and harder but we will defeat the system. It all about networking and Keeping God First. I will keep you and your family lifted in prayer. I ask you do the same for me. May God Bless you and Keep you. Rev. L.J.Hammonds II

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mj4 in Fort Worth, Texas

73 months ago

Rev.Hammonds, I just wanted to Thank you for your Encouraging Words, and for keeping me and my family in your prayers. I'm a very strong believer when "Praises go up Blessing come down". After recieving the news on Friday,I knew the devil wanted me to throw in the towel, but immediately I started praising God. Thanking him for what he was getting ready to do in my life. I know this is not (Testimony Service), but if I could have just a few minutes to tell the goodness of JESUS. The same night my husband came home to say he was hired on PERMANENTLY. "When one door is closed, God will open up another", For those who seem to be go through hard times. Try God he's always in the Blessing Business,and will lighten up your load. Thanks again Rev.Hammonds,and keep my family in your prayers and I will do the same for yours.

73 months ago

AMEN AMEN. IF HE SAID HE WOULD DO IT HE WILL DO IT. HE IS A GOD OF HIS WORD. WE JUST NEED TO STAND ON THE WORD,THAT MAKES US BIGGER THAN OUR CIRCUMSTANCES AND BRINGS US CLOSER TO GOD.I just want to thank you for having faith in the midst of the storm. You encourage me and others when you speak of the goodness of the Lord.
I am happy all is well with your family.Tell the husband congrats and I say once again PRAISE GOD! I will continue to pray for your family.

Michael in Fort Worth, Texas

73 months ago

misty3 ft worth texas in Dallas, Texas said: what is the re-entry program, could you email me information
forrest-moore@att.net

Texas Re-entry helps ex-offenders get re adjusted. They are helping me. They are located on Race St. in Ft.Worth.
FYI most everyone their are ex offenders

Dee in Southlake, Texas

73 months ago

This website does not allow us to send phone numbers, but you can call information for the Texas Re-Entry on Race Street and they will be very helpful with all your questions. much luck to you.

sad0609 in Winter Haven, Florida

73 months ago

My husband has a record, the last thing was in 2000. he is head of the men's ministry at our church and president of our homeowners association. It has been so hard and is taking a toll on our marriage, no one will hire him. he is a good man and trys so hard to prove himself. He just needs a chance. He has been recommended for jobs and advised that it was his, until the background report came back. Our faith is strong and the continues to provide for us. It is just hard.

73 months ago

FYI; You should bring up your conviction during your interview, an explain that you made a mistake an paid your dues an you just need a chance to prove yourself. You will have a better chance in getting the position. If your background come back showing your convictions, the employer will take that as a LIE (due to you not saying anything during the interview). I have over 5 years of HR experience. If you are submitting resumes make sure a cover letter is enclosed.

73 months ago

Let me begin by saying Christ had to go through the cruxifiction before he came to the resurrection. It seems like we breakdown right before the Breakthough. When Jesus was at Gethsemane he ask father let this cup be passed from me if it is possible. Then he went on to pray"Let this cup be passed from me not of my will,but your will be done. Jesus was overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death yet he prayed. He continued in the will of the Father. Tell your Husband to continue following in the will of the Father and he to will overcome this situation. I'm not just giving you a sermon and a song. I'm telling you what God done for me. I moved to Texas in July .I did not get a job until September due to being a ex-felon then it was a wage of 8.25 mind you I swallow my pride and worked that Job like I was the Ceo. The Lord then Open the Door for me at my Present Job in Construction where i got paid way more enough to support my Wife and 5month old son. Pray for me as I pray for you.I'm currently in the Process of waiting to see if I get hired for the Oilfield which will take me from once making 8.25 to the upwards of $27 dollars to start. It is a process. The key is don't give up. Don't give up and take whatever employment that is available putting pride to the side. God will provide.Stand on his word. "I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE RIGHTEOUS FORSAKEN NOR THEIR SEED BEGGIN BREAD." AMEN Be encouraged.
God Bless you and keep you that is my prayer. Rev.L.J.Hammonds II

Cliff Love in Charlotte, North Carolina

73 months ago

Hey,
Thanks to all those who respond to this web site. I am in the Mortgage Business and My previous employer just shut down last year in August. I have two Felony convictions from NY for nothing but carrying a legally brought weapon. I didn't do one day of jail for this! That was back in 1996. They are the only things on my record. These things are killing me, I have lost two outstanding opportunities because of them. Does anyone know of an employer in NC who would look past these? Or an organization that could help me. Thanks in Advance!

Mj4 in Fort Worth, Texas

73 months ago

Hello!!
I wanted to know if any one out there , knew anything about the (TORI) project. I read briefly that it was held at the Potter's House, just was wondering what it consist of. THANX!!!!

73 months ago

reggie in Arlington, Texas said: I have a brother inlaw that's staying with my wife, and I. He tells me that thier is no asst. for felons when it comes to drivers lic, ID, he said his parol officer said he has to have these items before 12-8-08. Is it true or hes just bying time. Because I really cant support him and my family.

He if has his TDCJ id, he should have no problem. Project RIO at workforce solution will help.

73 months ago

Dee in Southlake, Texas said: Something doesn't sound kosher, but there is an agency called Re-Entry Services in Ft. Worth. Their address is 3001 Race St., Ft. Worth. They can definately assist him with lots of questions on the phone and by filling out application for assistance. This is a new Texas agency - just fully up and running this year.

Re-Entry is helping me, even with housing (3 mts) He will have to make appointment

Mj4 in Fort Worth, Texas

72 months ago

Hello Michael, My name is DeMesa I just wanted to ask a couple of questions as far as the Re-Entry program is concerned. My husband spoke to one of the counselors, she said if he was not homeless the program would not be able to assist with housing. Did you go another source or was your situation different?

72 months ago

I was not homeless an maybe my situation was different, email me at mplay16@yahoo.com, hopefully I can give you more insight. Also I have numbers an contacts that should be able to help. At that time I will give you guys my number( if you guys like you can call me) we can get a little more into detail, then post.

72 months ago

MelissaBeth in Fort Worth, Texas said: This is my first time to use a site like this, so forgive me if I make mistakes. My fiance has 2 felonies on his record. The first is 5 yrs old for "unauthorized use of a motor vehicle" for which he served 2 years. The second is 3-4 yrs old and is "burgulary of a habitation" and he is on probation/never did jail time for it. He is having trouble finding a job. He mostly has worked at landscaping companies, but most of those are only temporary. We are sharing a car so travel is limited in relation to jobs. If there is anyone out there that give some help or information it would be appreciated. He really wants a real, lasting job. Thanks.

I was offered a job in Arlington at night 3 / 4 nights 12 hrs shifts
..I think company was call MrDirt, I had to refuse due to no car
If i can locate contact info. I will let you know (cleaning parking lots an ???)

72 months ago

I was not homeless an maybe my situation was different, email me at mplay16@yahoo.com, hopefully I can give you more insight. Also I have numbers an contacts that should be able to help. At that time I will give you guys my number( if you guys like you can call me) we can get a little more into detail, then post.

jamesneworleans in New Orleans, Louisiana

72 months ago

1966 got felony ,car theft,in Virginia. gov recently gave full restoration of all rights except firearms. Virginia says to get it from state of residence. State of residence is Louisiana . They say to get it from Virginia. Also the Feds have their own law on the books. Previously ATF handled the deal. Now ATF won,t do it. Anyone know any way legally around it. I live and work in high crime city and need to be on the job immediately after hurricanes such as Katrina.

shan in Middletown, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

Denied a job because of a DUI

jamesneworleans in New Orleans, Louisiana

72 months ago

consider working on the river. alot of inland boat companys have been short handed for years. some companys such as 'Kirby" based in Houston have their own deckhand school.the job is actually ideal for a single person. it,s hard on a married person because you,re away from home at least 2/3 of the year. i worked on ships all my life. also i,ve been associated with inland boats now for over 10 years. the only one discriminating is the fraking uscg. if you have a fresh dwi it is hard to renew your captains license for a few years. btw= most inland captains are making $400. aday now. alot of oppurtunity on the water.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

i made a mistake in Dallas, Texas

72 months ago

i am a 32 year old single mom i take care of my father whom is 82 my daughter is 11 i am an ex felon and i cant find a job i just moved here from ohio and i will do anyting im so down right now can someone pls help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shauncey in Little Rock, Arkansas

72 months ago

have you considered home care or medical assistant. it would help to know your conviction/s. i will be back in dallas. thursday 19th. e-mail me at sdpperry@yahoo.com.

lisa73me in Dallas, Texas

72 months ago

Tell me more.

Adogzheart in Atlantic City, New Jersey

72 months ago

I have posted a ton of videos that can help ex-offenders get jobs. You can find them at:

www.youtube.com/user/adogzheart

Please subscribe to my channel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

i made a mistake in Arlington, Texas

72 months ago

shauncey in Little Rock, Arkansas said: have you considered home care or medical assistant. it would help to know your conviction/s. i will be back in dallas. thursday 19th. e-mail me at sdpperry@yahoo.com.

yes i am a certified nursing assistant im waiting for ohio to transfer my license to texas it was misuse of credit cards a f 5

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shauncey in Little Rock, Arkansas

72 months ago

Baylor, parkland, nursing homes etc. accept ex-felons as long as your charge does not consist of burglary, sexual, robbery, kidnapping (Violent). You wouldn't want these individuals around your family without proving themselves to society that they have at least altered there life. Once you get your paperwork and reveal your convictions by e-mail. I will give you names and contacts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

I have obstructing justice & 2 drug charges

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

I'm a certified nurses aide. I have an obstructing justice charge & 2 drug charges

Liz1971

72 months ago

I was convicted of a possession of a controlled substance in April 95, received probation and violated probation by returning to my home state. After 7 years I was picked up on the probation violation and was given a two year sentence. I served 10 months and completed parole as of Feb 2005. I am currently a senior Business Administration major with a grade point average of 3.62. I will be graduating on May 9. Have I done all of this for nothing. Will any companies hire me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sharon Becker in Atlanta, Georgia

72 months ago

I have an interview tommorrow with AT&T and I am nervous. I hope I get the job although I think this will be yet another rejection. Has anyone here interviewed with AT&T- if so please let me know your experience. I am being referred by an employee with the company. Wish me luck because I'm going to need it.

i made a mistake in Dallas, Texas

72 months ago

good luck sharon im praying for you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

I have not, but the best thing to do is be open an honest about your conviction. Their are going to ask what happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Having no luck in Mesquite, Texas

72 months ago

Will Baylor, parkland, nursing homes etc. accept ex-felons for a theft charge?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Having no luck in Mesquite, Texas

72 months ago

AT&T does not accept any ex-felons and I used to work for them years ago. I left on good standing and still no luck.

72 months ago

Personally, I don't think it will effect you very much. I'm pretty sure that they go by the original date of conviction. That was 14 years ago. Just be honest, that has gotten me very far after have 3 felony convistions on my record. The last one was 2-10-2005.

72 months ago

That last comment is for Sharon.

72 months ago

I'm sorry my last comment was for Liz1971. Sorry, what a dork I am!

barbara in Dallas, Texas

72 months ago

has anyoneyone gotten any new information on jobs

lawnut in Dallas, Texas

72 months ago

jamesneworleans in New Orleans, Louisiana said: 1966 got felony ,car theft,in Virginia. gov recently gave full restoration of all rights except firearms. Virginia says to get it from state of residence. State of residence is Louisiana . They say to get it from Virginia. Also the Feds have their own law on the books. Previously ATF handled the deal. Now ATF won,t do it. Anyone know any way legally around it. I live and work in high crime city and need to be on the job immediately after hurricanes such as Katrina.

Sorry, but the ATF will never allow it. In Texas and Tennessee you can carry muzzleloaders (also available in pistol form) because in these states they are not considered "firearms", but rather, "primitive weapons". The down-side is if used for self defense, better make that one shot count. Hope it helped. Unfortunately the right to bear arms no longer applies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

charise in Lawrenceville, Georgia

72 months ago

Dee in Southlake, Texas said: Explunction in the State of Texas with conviction of any assault (even a misdemeanor) does not qualify. I have been searching for a year and finally spoke to an attorney. Explunction... not possible. I was recently fired from a Healthcare facility (after 10 months of employment) since in Texas it is unlawful to work in healthcare- At least, that's what they told me. (also, I was told by top lady -- that I was an exemplary employee and she hated to let me go). Thanks for trying anyway.

sealed.get your record sealed not expunged. this is done through the courts after 7 years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.