Jobs available for people with felony records

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 461)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

starting over 2010 in Wylie, Texas

52 months ago

c_clopp in Dallas, Texas said: when he went to the workforce office they said they couldnt help because he wasnt on paper ,, surely there is hope for him ,, i have the faith in him

Project RIO is designed for parolees just getting out from TDCJ. In fact, I believe it is now required to register when released to parole.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mike677 in Meridian, Mississippi

51 months ago

Dame in Fort Worth said: I am a 29 year old male. i have a felony conv. Of possession of controlled sub. Its 5 yrs old and I never went to prison. I have two yrs of college in info tech, but its useless now. I am a very bright young man who made one mistake that's costing me all I can give. Can you please help me with my trouble. I am willin to relocate........thank soo much!

You can email me at pirex6674@yahoo.com

hey, I am also in the same boat with you obtaining controlled substance through unlawful means, i have college and cdl license and can not find a job anywhere not even if i apply for min wage i even tried garbage company sorry we do background also they told me, what does a felon do to survive now and feed his children? Michael mississippi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Juelz in Austin, Texas

51 months ago

mike677 well since I obtained drugs the board of health in my state is letting me become a drug counselor after my 5 years are up so I am back to school for that...with a background the best way to get jobs is through private business like small companies like engineer companies or starting your own buisness...as long as you don't have violent crime you should be fine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rikkitabaras in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

Yes it's very hard for us exfelons to make a living, when no companys
will hire us. For me it was luck that a company hired me. I'm a truckdriver
but I'm not driving, instead I'm working as a loader in the shipping dept.
I think we all should get together and let America that we very large percent
want our lifes back, that the bad choice we made was paid in full and we need
to feed our families and make a normal living. I think we should make a march
to Washington DC and make a peaceful hearing to let the public notice how our
own Country treats us who are trying to get our lives in order. Hey we still pay
taxes, pay our bills, and feed our kids!
I really think that we should do this. What does everybody thinks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

L.J.Hammonds II in Fort Worth, Texas

51 months ago

I'm behind you all the way. I have been trying to reach out to ex-felons such as ourselves. I have had a few job leads and posted them only to have people call me bitter when these jobs are no longer hiring. We must look at the big picture. America is hard to forgive if your not in the loop. Many people including Kennedy,Nixon etc. were pardoned. The law should be one size fits all. I believe it's cruel and unusual punishment. I have been trying to organize in Ft.Worth Texas to no avail. We must organize one cause,one voice,one request! Our only request is to have all our rights restored,and our past erased. If anyone agrees with us let them try to organize in there community,city,state etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

You are right, if we do organize together and demand that we be able to expunge our records after the conviction we will continue to be jobless, homeless, and expelled from society. Here in Mississippi the law is very strict under 27 only for exspungement if you were over that age no exspungement period. Al this with modern computers being able to pull a back ground check in less than 35 seconds makes it almost impossible to find work. I have wrote and e-mailed all our legislatures and they keep on telling me the same thing "we do not feel that a person over 27 should be expunged". sad to say the least. I have been to so many interviews and once i was told to prepare for work then the back ground check came back and they told me that the job was no longer available. My crime was nonviolent and still they will not let me have a chance to prove myself, where will this end for us? Together we can make a difference that is the only way we will together or we will continue to fail. mike Mississippi

Eric in Fort Worth, Texas

51 months ago

I have a really good friend who is looking for work and is having a really hard time finding employment.If anyone can help him i would greatly appreciate it any job leads or what ever would help him.You can email me ericmoody@hotmail.com with what ever you have

51 months ago

starting over 2010 in Wylie, Texas said: I am a plumbing /HVAC dispatcher and am finding it very hard to even get my foot in the door for an interview because most jobs do background checks now. Do you or your husband have any leads on prospective employers in the plumbing/HVAC field that may need a good dispatcher? I have tons of experience and excellent references from my previous employers.

I have a job opportunity for you if you are willing to relocate. The location of the jobs are in Carthage Mississippi with Tyson foods these jobs allow felons one chance to prove themselves that they are wiling to work. If the person quits the job after they are hired the company has a no rehire policy for those who quit the job. The plant in Carthage works about 1200 people on three shifts the jobs have many benefits the starting pay is 8.67 per hour more if you start on third shift. The jobs are mostly meat cutters and some other types are sometimes available. Please email me if you need phone number or directions to the plant location i will gladly help all in need as i am also a exfelon myself i know the challenges we have been through all too well. mike Philadelphia Mississippi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

starting over 2010 in Wylie, Texas in Wylie, Texas

51 months ago

Can't really relocate because my son and the rest of my family are here in the DFW area and other parts of Texas. I really want to try to find a job in my field because I am a GREAT dispatcher and have always been able to do well in this field. I sure hope the others on here are able to take advantage of the lead you posted. Good luck to all :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Juelz in Austin, Texas

51 months ago

grocery stores will hire non violent felons if you dont lie on your application and they are hiring meat cutters.....jobs are out there you just cant give up hope

51 months ago

Shauncey Perry in Dallas, Texas said: Jobs for ex-felons in hospitals. I work for Parkland hospital in the day time and school and night. J.P.S., Cooks, Baylor etc. in Fort Worth.

Hi, I was reading about your job with a hospital being an ex-felon, all i can say is that you are very, very rare because here no hospital will hire an ex felon- no not even in the janitor dept. much less anywhere else in the hospital. The state will hire no felons either here in Mississippi not even as an asphalt pot hole filler, they consider a felon to be too risky to hire. So i guess all of us ex felons will have to work in the chicken plant or move overseas, wait i am sorry as an felon we can no longer leave the states too riskey for embassy to have to deal with an offender overseas.

toodiminamerica in Apache Junction, Arizona

51 months ago

Dianna R in Texas said: How old are they?

It is true. The X-ray tech. program is very difficult to get into if you have multiple misdemeanors- let alone a felony. Sorry for the negative feedback. I used to work in healthcare but had to relinquish my licensure for misdemeanor convictions.
There are options out there- tell your husband to keep trying. The white collar jobs are the hardest to secure- w/ a record.

toodiminamerica in Apache Junction, Arizona

51 months ago

lisa73me in Dallas, Texas said: I'm a certified nurses aide. I have an obstructing justice charge & 2 drug charges

How???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jj in Austin, Texas

51 months ago

lots of nursing have felonies and get to keep their job you have to take it up with your state board of nursing b/c u have to go to thpip and be monitered and enter many rehab programs after u complete them all theyw ill then decide if you get to keep your license i know a nurse now who has gotten 3 drug charges and they are putting her oon probo to seee if she can keep her license and tx is easier on people than most states..keep ur head up

51 months ago

Need a Good Job in Mesquite, Texas said: I have a felony conviction for Theft. I am an experienced dispatcher looking for a position ASAP. I have dispatched Plumbing/HVAC and transportation. Can anyone help? I also can do CSR and admin work.

I can help you obtain a job in the meat cutting plant here in Carthage Mississippi. The benefits are very good with retirement, 401k, health insurance,dental,holiday pay, sick leave, and profit sharing also. The pay will start at around 8.60 per hour i know not a lot but at least a start with a well known company. just email me and i will give you the phone number and directions to the plant. they will hire with felonies the exceptions are rape, child molestation, and first degree murder other than these you are ok. let me know if you are willing to take the job or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

lisa73me in Dallas, Texas said: I'm a certified nurses aide. I have an obstructing justice charge & 2 drug charges

I find it hard to believe that with a felony still on your record that you can obtain a certified nurses aid license. I was told that all states have a no felony requirement for nurses aids. your very lucky.

jj in Austin, Texas

51 months ago

if you already had your license and u go thru all the probation requirements they let u keep it if u dont have a license yet after your ten years and you ask them and explain what u did then u can possibly get it being honest is best policy

Mary in Dallas, Texas

51 months ago

L.J.Hammonds II in Fort Worth, Texas said: God Bless you all. I have been working on the vision, God gave me concerning Ex-offenders and At-Risk Youth. I have a page on Myspace
that has a list of employers that hire Ex-offenders. The page also has words of encouragement. I am looking to start a group in the Dallas/Ft.worth area . We would meet and help each other in our struggles. The bible says "Pray without ceasing,giving thanks for everything for this is Gods will for your life through Christ Jesus concerning you." We have to stay on the line with God. Communication is key. How can we know what to do unless we be directed. Listen for his voice. Give thanks for everything. This is your testimony. Your blood stained banner. It's not easy but there is no progress without struggle. Please contact me for more info. I NEED ALL OF YOUR ASSISTANCE AND PRAYERS. LET US COME TOGETHER. THERE IS POWER IN NUMBERS. IF THEY WON'T HIRE US. WE WILL NOT PATRONIZE THEY'RE BUSINESS. WE SUPPORT WHO SUPPORT US.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL. MY MYSPACE PAGE IS. WWW.MYSPACE.COM/GATEWAYOFOPPORTUNITY

Hi,

I just came across this site as I was searching for answers for my brother who is living on the streets because he is not allowed to live in apartments and has tried getting a job but has been unsuccessful because he is an ex-offender.
I tried going to your myspace page from your link but could not locate your site.
I would much appreciate your help!

Thanks!!

Chealsea in Fort Worth, Texas

51 months ago

I have spoken to you before, my husband even called you. YOu gave him a bit of hope and then dropped him. you never called him back and we never received any direction from you. I love the Lord and I love my husband and if you are not intending to actually help these inmates (NOT DO IT FOR THEM BUT DIRECT THEM) then dont put out encouraging word of hope for these people then turn around and smash it. I took me - still to this day - to keep encouraging my husband and not fall back to those evil ways that are constantly in these people heads- to just destroy them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

I am a felon with three prescription drug obtaining under unlawful means , yet there is one company out there that will give a person a chance , the name is Tyson they are located in Carthage Mississippi on highway 35 north , i know that 8.68 per hour is not alot, but at least it is something and they have very good benefits also. So all that can relocate please give them your best, at least they will give a felon a chance.
I was attending college here in Mississppi which is a very conservative state with alot of hidden racism, one of the staff told me that felons are not able for rehabilitation and that by no means should felons be around the town community or colleges, the best way she said was to get tuff on crime and stop letting felons out, because they usually go for the young white girls anyway. As i was hearing this i thought i was back in 1960 Mississippi, i guess some states never let go of racism or believe in that christian passage of forgiveness, hypocrites every where in Mississippi.

toodiminamerica in Scottsdale, Arizona

51 months ago

Eli in Port Isabel, Texas said:

Is this a Pyrimid scheme?

toodiminamerica in Scottsdale, Arizona

51 months ago

toodiminamerica in Scottsdale, Arizona said: Is this a Pyrimid scheme?

There are approximately 50 million people in the United States with some kind of criminal record (misd. or felony) That is a lot of people, and that number is going to go up. Law enforcement and prosecutors employ techniques that widen the net to catch as many people as they can. They also levy as many charges as possible, so that convictions stick! Approximately 80 people have been exhonorated and released from death row- via DNA. The american legal system is not perfect. Can you imagine how many lesser crimes might be inaccurate- based mostly on hearsay. Many lesser crimes are based, in large part, on hearsay. So should it be that these continual burdens should be endured for a lifetime?? That is unjust. So as citizens of this country, why don't you write your senators and government officials- let them know how public hysteria and the governments apathy is creating a very real problem- that will just get worse over time.

Cheryl in Fort Worth, Texas

51 months ago

After I was released from prison, I worked for 10 years for the same company . My position was eliminated. I was the manager of the Marketinng Department. I have been unemployed for a year on the 25th of this month. I can't find a job either. Of course realistically, I know I can't make the kind of money that I was making, but times are desperate, I will take 8 bucks an hour, IF I could find a job. I am looking daily.

tgdehoney in Dallas, Texas

50 months ago

i am an exfelon back in 1994 i currently just left an abusive marriage and relationship of 10 years. I have 4 children 2 boys and twin girls age 4. I was employed as a cna when i became pregnant with twins I had to quit and have been unemployed every since. My cna certification in no longer any good. I do not know what direction I need to take to go forward to look for employment. Right now my self esteem is not the greatest and with this felony their just seems like their is no moving ahead. I live in Tarrant County and I am in desperate need for a job for me so that I may support my children.

jj in Austin, Texas

50 months ago

tgdehoney if its back in 94 most jobs dont check past ten years however if u want ur nursing job u have to talk to board of nursing about that......

50 months ago

Hey, I understand about the felony keeping you back, i have three counts of prescription fraud and i looked for 4 years before i got a job offer, i guess i would have had better luck if it was robbery or murder, anyway here is the plant that will hire you with felonies and the location of it, its called Tyson and the location is in Carthage Mississippi if you are serious about working they are the way to go,, yes you will have to relocate to work there, but at least its a job with benefits. email me if you need more info on the plant and the job description they have to offer. good luck its very hard on a ex-con as society calls us.

Lyngirl49 in Atlanta, Georgia

50 months ago

mike677 in Meridian, Mississippi said: hey, I am also in the same boat with you obtaining controlled substance through unlawful means, i have college and cdl license and can not find a job anywhere not even if i apply for min wage i even tried garbage company sorry we do background also they told me, what does a felon do to survive now and feed his children? Michael mississippi

I'M FROM MISSISSIPPI AND I HAVE A FELONY THERE IS A GROUP THAT I AM A PART OF BUT I SEE NO ONE FROM MISSISSIPPI IN THIS GROUP. PLEASE PUT THIS OUT THERE THE GROUP IS ( support_ofhr1529@yahoogroups.com )please check it out. Notify your Congressmen, Represetatives, etc. to become co-sponsors of ( the Fresh Start Act of 2010) you can pull this up to and read about the bill. You may use this letter are do your own. I emailed Bennie Thompson who represent the Delta. I also got my representative to become a co-sponsor of this bill here in Georgia. The response has been good but we have to help ourselves by just emailing and faxing them to ask that they become co-sponsors of this bill.

Support a second chance for ex-felons; the Fresh Start Act of 2010

Mr. Steve Cohen, of Tennessee 9th district, introduced the Fresh Start Act of 2010 on June 9, 2010. This bill, if passed into law, would give one-time, non-violent felons a chance to petition the court with original jurisdiction for expungement.
If this bill does not become law by the end of this Congressional session ex-felons will live with the collateral consequences of their one time trespass for the rest of their lives.
Congressman , if this bill is passed, it would allow Georgia to have more taxpayers in our communities, it would not cost our present taxpayers not one penny to pass this bill. In fact it would be a winner for all parties involved. This bill if passed will reduce recidivism; it will give a non-violent ex-offender a way to reenter society through gainful employment. It will also promote reha

lcchildress5 in Tyler, Texas

50 months ago

lisa in Fort Worth, Texas said: It's pretty obvious who's stupid by your comment.

You too will be judged one day by saying that.

NATAIE1913 in Jackson, Mississippi

49 months ago

mike677 in Meridian, I am trying to help a friend who is in despirate need of a job. We live in Jackson and a job in Carthage would be great. Please contact me so i can get more info on the program.

mike677 in Meridian, Mississippi said: I have a job opportunity for you if you are willing to relocate. The location of the jobs are in Carthage Mississippi with Tyson foods these jobs allow felons one chance to prove themselves that they are wiling to work. If the person quits the job after they are hired the company has a no rehire policy for those who quit the job. The plant in Carthage works about 1200 people on three shifts the jobs have many benefits the starting pay is 8.67 per hour more if you start on third shift. The jobs are mostly meat cutters and some other types are sometimes available. Please email me if you need phone number or directions to the plant location i will gladly help all in need as i am also a exfelon myself i know the challenges we have been through all too well. mike Philadelphia Mississippi

Brian in Fort Worth, Texas

49 months ago

Rev.L.J.Hammonds II in Fort Worth, Texas said: Yes I would like to help please e-mail me. I'll see what i can do. However i know what God can do.
God Bless.

Rev. Hammonds, I am a felone as well, convicted back in 2001. I am currently homeless, and jobless - although I am receiving unemployment after working for Sprint/Nextel as a Project Manager - for the last 5 1/2 years. I can not find a home or apartment that is within my income range of 400 that accepts felones. If you can still help please try. my email address is: bequic100@yahoo.com I have no cell or house phone so this is the best way to reach me.

Thanks - I am believing in GOD and GODs plan for my life, but my hope is fading slowly but surely.

Brian K. McDaniels, Jr.

TheTruth in Plano, Texas

49 months ago

I'm sure like most things in life a convicted felon probably didn't think about the consequences and what life would be like after they committed their crime. I'm not here to judge, however you have bigger problems: society has judged you, and your debt to society ends when you die, not when you get out of prison. Life after prison is also part of the punishment.

What I would suggest is look at some people who have been successful in turning their lives around. Check out that show called "Pit Boss" on Animal Planet. That dude did it right. He lives on a boat, and his successful business targets an underdeveloped market (talent agency for little people), but his real focus in life is championing a cause that he cares deeply about: saving pit bull dogs. This is a man who gives to those who have no voice. He is a man of love. He loves his employees, he loves his dogs, he loves his community and he gives freely to all of them. He collects from guess who?

I read all these posts, and I see a lot of name-calling and selfishness from almost everybody. Maybe for a change you can quit thinking about YOURSELVES and what you want (jobs, money, housing, a new life) and start volunteering. Start really paying your debt to society and give to those with no voice who have nothing to pay you. You can believe in god if you want (I don't), but what it boils down to is this: you put yourself here, you get yourself out of it. How badly do you want out? Bad enough to sacrifice your time and efforts and not get paid for awhile? Because frankly just cause your out of jail doesn't mean you're out of jail. If unselfishness is foreign to you then look at it like an investment. The more good work you do for free, will get you more work for free, but eventually when you do enough work you can justify a little compensation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

The Truth in Irving, Texas

49 months ago

Thank you Cheryl in crowley. Last time I checked I can do whatever the hell I want. It's a free country. And who is to say I don't have jobs to offer? You don't know that. No disrespect intended when I say this: frankly your generalizations make you sound like you are entitled to what you are not. Quit worrying about what you lack and rather than flame me use your time more wisely to figure out how to improve your attitude and consequently your lot in life.

If you're really the "best" worker prove it. Market yourself effectively and make me want to hire you.

Trasheed in Lewisville, Texas

49 months ago

c_clopp in Dallas, Texas said: hello i am trying to help out my fiance find a job ,, he is awesome at installing satelite , home audio and car audio ,, he just moved in with me 2 wks ago from Kansas where he stayed with his mom ,, he has many felonies and is getting depressed cause he cant find work ,, he has been drug free and outlaw free for going on 1yr and a half,, i have known him for 9 yrs before we got together i have never seen this side of him i want to do what i can to help him not only as his wife to be but also as his FRIEND!! does anyone know what staffing agencey that helps felons or know of any jobs that hire ,, he is looking for contract work ,,he is good at home and car repairs also ,, email me at c_clopp@yahoo.com

Have you checked with Labor Ready?

mikey in Meridian, Mississippi

49 months ago

i know where your friend is at in life i got 3 felonies from prescription frauds, i have been out for 5 years now.i went to dozens ofjob interviews all over the place i even got 4 interviews and one said you will be fine for that job, gave me a hard hat and safety vest and placed me in the room to watch the staffing safety film, while we were watching in one by one they did a background check on us all at the end of the safety film they drug tested all of us, i felt safe since i did not use any illigal drugs, i had a tooth pulled two days before although and was given codiene for pain 3 days worth only. the stafffing firm informed me that we have zero policy for drugs, i expained here is my doctors prescription, she told me to wait for a monment in the lobby then she came back and said, i could go home now, we will call if a position comes open. well its 7 months and not one single call, not even a letter,

diana d in Fort Worth, Texas

49 months ago

Shauncey Perry in Dallas, Texas said: Jobs for ex-felons in hospitals. I work for Parkland hospital in the day time and school and night. J.P.S., Cooks, Baylor etc. in Fort Worth.

i was told they dont hire felons. mine is almost 8 yrs old and its still feel like im doing wrong even though im clean sober and trying hard to get a job. another issue is no car and i'm not on a bus route. it's depressing and i dont know what to do?????

MartinGuzmanIII in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

mike677 in Meridian, Mississippi said: I am a felon with three prescription drug obtaining under unlawful means"

Mike I too had a felony conviction x2 for writing fake prescriptions in order to obtain pain killers, xanax and any other addictive prescription medication that I could possibly get my hands on.... Anyways, I just wanted to pass this information on to people that had simlliar convictions.... UPS will hire you with this kind of conviction. I thought for sure they were going to stop me from hiring on but they didn't. UPS altough it's part-time and starts out with low-wages within 3 years you can build up enough seniority to bid on premium jobs.... Not too mention the part-time employees get EXCELLENT healthcare coverage for the employee as well as the employees family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sanzone in Bedford, Texas

49 months ago

Dear Shauncy,
My son is 20 and received a felony charge when he was 18 for criminal mischief. He is a large young adult, about 6'1" and 320 lbs. I mentioned to him about working in a hospital as a transporter.He said he went to all the downtown Fort Worth hospitals. They said no. Can you give other suggestions and also how to get his record expunged?

Carla Sanzone

mikey in Meridian, Mississippi

49 months ago

with the young age at which he was charged with the felony he should be able to gain exspungement under texas law from an attorney that deals with the paper work required, unless it was a sex offense, or he may ask the governor for a parton, one other way is to try to have the conviction overturned which is an expensive and difficult process with much time involved. As for as working at a hospital with a active felony record its almost impossible reguardless of what the people on indeed are telling you, its because of the liability issue involved that hospitals will not hire an active felony record, i am a felon myself and hired an attorney to find out why i was not able to gain employment after he explained it i understood more about why few buisnesses will hire felons, i finally had to start doing mechanic work on my own as no one ever hired me after my nonviolent record, its ruff i assure you as a felon, i had no idea after i was released it would be this hard to gain employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sanzone in Bedford, Texas

49 months ago

Dear Mikey,
Thank you for your information. My son, almost 21, does work as a mechanic.He was employed at O'Reilly Auto Parts, and other work he has done was working in garages as a mechanic. He just finished his probation.
Who do you get into contact with to expunge his felony? A defense attorney? What other kind of work can he do? Thank you.

Carla Sanzone

49 months ago

Here is my suggestion as i have three nonviolent presciption fraud charges myself. If its possible under the laws of the state you live in to get an exspungement by all means call an attorney till you find one that will do the paper work for exspungement. if you do not qualify for an exspungement, then go a head and ask for a pardon even though its highly unlikely to be granted, and last but not least if neither of these work and you have the money try to have the conviction overturned in court i know that is very difficult to do but at least its a small chance better than nothing. if all three fail here are the jobs that can be done, self employed auto mechanic/ body work, house painter, mowing service, motorcycle mechanic/ painter, brick/stone layer, carpentry, self employed logger,a few trucking companies will take a felon depends on the type of felony and time its been, flea market seller( i see many felons doing this now), and last be not least place yard sale items on ebay for a profit this can be a very good choice you have to put alot of hours in on the computer to make a living at this but many felons are doing it now. a few felons are cleaning carpet but with the online verify services, home owners are checking for felonies much more often now before they allow someone in their home.

Rena in Garland, Texas

48 months ago

TheTruth in Plano, Texas said: I'm sure like most things in life a convicted felon probably didn't think about the consequences and what life would be like after they committed their crime. I'm not here to judge, however you have bigger problems: society has judged you, and your debt to society ends when you die, not when you get out of prison. Life after prison is also part of the punishment.

you are a little cynical...yes we have to pay our debt to society, but what you don't take into consideration is what about those of us who aren't needing a job to support ourselves but our children, parents, or spouses? HOw would you feel if someone told you everyday for 8 years i'm sorry but we can't offer you that position because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time..the thing about felonies or any other problem with the law is we just got caught and the others out there like yourself just didn't get caught doing something stupid. I worked for a rest home for 5 years in MI and now down here i'm screwed can work in health care...so y isn't there something out there helping us to become productive law abiding successful citizens..the illegal aliens get better help and care than those of us born here after we get in trouble.

Diana in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

Rena in Garland, Texas said:

You said it right. Illegal aliens do get better help and care than us citizens who do or do not break any laws. My teenagers had to jump through fire ladden hoops in school and society to go to college. We have no access to good health care or good legal representaion. I wish America would wake up. The only color that has any rights and gets anything they want come in the color green. He who has the most money wins. I'm sure we all will pay the future consequences for todays actions. Or should I say, In Action. I would give up on my country being Capitalist and vote for Socialism. It is obvious that our current government no longer functions for all to have LIFE(health care), LIBERTY(equal legal representation),PERSUIT OF HAPPINESS (with out the 1st 2 ya can not have the last right). Common sense. Wake up America.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

VANESSAC23 in Fort Worth, Texas

48 months ago

HI MY NAME IS VANESSA I AM 23 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD SON. IT IS SO HARD FOR ME TO FIND A JOB BECAUSE OF MY BACKGROUND IT WAS FOR ASSAULT BODILY INJURY AND I DID MY PROBATION FOR IT..I EVEN WENT DOWN TOWN TO GET A PIECE OF PAPER SAYING THAT MY DEFFERED ADJUDICATION GOT DISMISSED SO THAT I CAN SHOW THE TEMP AGENCIES BUT IT IS NOT WORKING.
I AM WILLING TO DO ANYTHING SO IF YOU GUYS KNOW ANYBODY PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

48 months ago

shauncey d. perry in Dallas, Texas said: I have been self-employed for three years & working in the contruction field (paint contracting) for over 10 yrs.. Yet, I have been finding it difficult to financially to survive (even though conviction of poss. was not in Texas.

Good luck with that. I worked on a contract role for 15 months and now being told by recruiters that their clients will not look at me for any position due to my 'break' in employment.

Self Employment, Contract work = Unemployment in the eyes of HR managers from such places like Bank of America, Citigroup & Deloitte (companies that say they need to fill hundreds of thousands of open positions but will not consider someone who is unemployed or worse have ANY type of gap or break on their resume)

Missmom in Chicago suburbs, Illinois

48 months ago

My daugher is in her mid 30's, has a 9 yr old daugher (my granddaugher) and is a convicted felon. This conviction was over 10 yrs ago. She cannot come back to Illinois. She faces the same restrictions that all felons face, can't find work, can't easily find an apartment in a good area ect.. She is stuck and is living with her abusive alcholic spouse (father of my granddaugher) She can find no way out of this situation because of her record. The nature of her felony prevents her from coming back.
Are there any programs or services for women with children who need to break the cycle she is in? She doesn't have a car and lives in Ft Worth. She wants a good homelife for herself and her daugher but this is not possible living with this man. She stays because he pays the bills but that is all. Any help out there for her?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

48 months ago

Missmom in Chicago suburbs, Illinois said: My daugher is in her mid 30's, has a 9 yr old daugher (my granddaugher) and is a convicted felon. This conviction was over 10 yrs ago. She cannot come back to Illinois. She faces the same restrictions that all felons face, can't find work, can't easily find an apartment in a good area ect.. She is stuck and is living with her abusive alcholic spouse (father of my granddaugher) She can find no way out of this situation because of her record. The nature of her felony prevents her from coming back.
Are there any programs or services for women with children who need to break the cycle she is in? She doesn't have a car and lives in Ft Worth. She wants a good homelife for herself and her daugher but this is not possible living with this man. She stays because he pays the bills but that is all. Any help out there for her?

She faces the same fate as rest of the 14 million unemployed, can't get a job because they are 'un' or underemployed or have 'bad credit'. Can't get an interview because any break in employment is seen as sinister & horrible

There is hope! in Mckinney, Texas

48 months ago

Hello I'm arranging a meeting for ex-offender who are interested in construction jobs. If you live in Dallas County and are willing to endure the fight for jobs. I need you to contact me,this movement begins we those who want to work,and willing to join the ranks to demand the jobs.Many of these projects come from taxpayers dollars,many of you pay taxes,it's time your tax dollars put you to work. l.j.hammonds2@gmail.com Hope to hear from you,and keep the faith!

48 months ago

Where are you located?

48 months ago

Oh, my GOD!!!! If he is abusive, hasn't someone reported it! However, if she will leave and go to a secure haven for women s such as herself, they will help her to start he life over. I was in such a situation at one time and feared for my life. I went to New York!!! Telephone 211 Texas, they will direct you. That is as much as I feel that should be said on this forum. My God Bless You!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Missmom in Chicago suburbs, Illinois

48 months ago

Does anyone know of a place she can go to for help? She says there are no agencies available to her in Ft Worth.

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.