Gerald R Ford Job Corps

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

dlkamps in Grand Rapids, Michigan

34 months ago

There is a level of corruption in the ranks, as in most businesses... There are some department heads that absolutely should not be in any position of authority. The Center Director seems to do his level best to manage the place. HR Director is his wife. They both interact very well with students and most staff. I saw some people loose their jobs that maybe shouldn't have, but I wasn't privy to both sides of issues, so I don't know. There were male staff members having sex with female students, and other staff knew first hand about it, but don't do anything about it. Some of the students are over 18 and it can be considered consensual, but on the job site? Wow!

The department head of the department that initial students are in to determine aptitude and direction, I forget the department name, was a black woman that never be in any position of leadership. She's racist and operates like a dictator. She ruins whatever positives staff bring to department with her management style. She has a history, too, but I'm not going to get into defamation.

I loved working there, and bonded real well with many, many students. It was an experience I'll hold dear my whole life, because I think that I made a difference in the lives of several of the students.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.