Job search in Grand Rapids?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Grand Rapids?

Reply - Report abuse

Andrew E in White Haven, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

Thinking about moving to Grand Rapids in the fall. Where should I look for jobs in the social work field?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Frank F in Grand Rapids, Michigan

70 months ago

I have been working for a temp service (phoenix personnel) for the past 14 months, I have had two differnt jobs thru them. They dont pay the best but I have been working 40 plus hours each week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

fairlane06 in Holland, Michigan

68 months ago

Dean Jimenez in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: I plan on moving to Grand Rapids this summer and I am looking for a Trucking job. I have 8 years experiance,CDL A ,Hazmat,Doubles Tribles,and I am looking for something local.

Holland Special Delivery, Hudsonville, MI

Dean Jimenez in Saint Petersburg, Florida

68 months ago

fairlane06 in Holland, Michigan said: Holland Special Delivery, Hudsonville, MI

Thank You for the lead.

J in Grand Rapids, Michigan

40 months ago

Well, it all depends. Sometimes it's luck of the draw with these temp agencies. I've dealt with different temp agencies and have had bad experiences with most of them and they tend to toss you from job to job and you have to either take that type of nonsense or to just not even deal with the temp agencies altogether. Of course, you could always go through the other option of working for Roskam/ Rothbury Farms/ Heartside Foods or whatever other names they have and have to shave all of your facial hair down to skin every day, except for your mustache (how does that make sense in the first place?). The choice is yours with temp agencies, I mean if you're desperate enough for work I'd say go for it. Otherwise, use job search engines such as careerbuilder, craigslist, mlive.com and other search engines to find a good job that won't give you as much hassle as going through the local temp agencies. Just a little friendly advice.

porsha looking for cna job in Grand Rapids, Michigan

39 months ago

My name is porsha im a cna been a cna for a year now but been a care giver for 3 years. I been looking for jobs every where but its seems like no luck coming my way.

MARKETABLE SKILLS

 Care Giver at Life House Management
 In home care giver
 Cna at Grand Rapid Home For Veterans
 First Aid & CPR
 I am detailed oriented
 I am people oriented
 I love working with the elderly and people that have special needs
 Med Tech at Life House Management

TRAININGS

•KTC Training
•Cna Training
•Basic Medications Administration Training
•Person-Centered Planning Training
•Positive Behavior Supports Training
•Residential Recipient Rights Training
•First Aid & CPR Training
•Med Tech Training
•Emergency Physical Intervention Training
•Environmental Emergencies Training
•Vitals Training
•Nutrition Training
•Role of Direct Care Training

If anybody need a care giver im the right person for you please email me at r.porsha19@yahoo.com

bakeking in Grand Rapids, Michigan

38 months ago

Hospitals hire social workers to do some medicAl records and UR work.

Andrew E in White Haven, Pennsylvania said: Thinking about moving to Grand Rapids in the fall. Where should I look for jobs in the social work field?

golden435 in Grand Rapids, Michigan

37 months ago

Hello everyone this is my first time posting. I was wondering if anyone has any information on Gerald R Ford Job Corps? I would really like to find out how it is to work there. I have eleven years of experience in the field but having a hard time connecting with someone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jupnorth in Grand Rapids, Michigan

35 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Grand Rapids?

Try the job board "Indeed". This one gathers postings from all the boards and individual company postings as well. You might want to get on Linkedin as well. Good luck in your search!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.