Newcomer's guide to Greenville?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What do newcomers need to know to settle in and enjoy Greenville? Car registration, pet laws, city services, more...

Reply - Report abuse

BordentownCity in Burlington, New Jersey

89 months ago

While I am not a resident of Greenville, SC and plan to move down there after July 2009, I have come across to the City of Greenville, SC webpage which has helped me prepare for the move. Go to www.greatergreenville.com/ and click on "Newcomers". Scroll to the bottom and it gives you contacts for all you need to do and know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bordentowncity in Bordentown, New Jersey

89 months ago

It says I was from Burlington, NJ -- wrong, it's Bordentown, NJ.

vef1253@*****.*** in Greer, South Carolina

88 months ago

I am trying to move to Greer to be near my family. I will know in a few days if I have secured employment at a Beauty Salon on hwy 14. I retired from another job after 24 years. Since I am between jobs, I have been unable to rent an apartment. They want you to have a minimum provable income. I won't have that until I get the job. My retirement annuity won't reach the minimum requirement. I have to be living here to work. I cannot stay with family at this time. Does anyone know of a home to rent, don't laugh, for 500-600 a month that is in a safe location?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Geraldine Doherty in Greer, South Carolina

87 months ago

vef1253@gmail.com in Greer, South Carolina said: I am trying to move to Greer to be near my family. I will know in a few days if I have secured employment at a Beauty Salon on hwy 14. I retired from another job after 24 years. Since I am between jobs, I have been unable to rent an apartment. They want you to have a minimum provable income. I won't have that until I get the job. My retirement annuity won't reach the minimum requirement. I have to be living here to work. I cannot stay with family at this time. Does anyone know of a home to rent, don't laugh, for 500-600 a month that is in a safe location?

To whom it may concern, I live close to Hwy 14. I have a room to rent in a very quite neighborhood. If interested e-mail me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

vef1253@*****.*** in Lexington, South Carolina

87 months ago

Thank you for the response. I just found a small duplex to rent near my new job.

info@*****.*** in Spring Hill, Tennessee

14 months ago

Great information on Greenville here - livability.com/sc/greenville

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.