FAVORITISM

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

GEORGE BARRICK in NEWVILLE

77 months ago

THERE IS A LOT OF FAVORITISM WHERE I WORK PLUS MANAGEMENT USES MY PERSONAL LIFE AGAINST ME. I AM TIRED OF WORKING NIGHTS. WOULD PREFER A DAYLIGHT JOB DUE TO DISABLED WIFE. AM A HARD WORKER, NEVER MISS WORK, MAKE FEW MISTAKES, NEVER LATE YET HAVE NOT GOTTEN A RAISE IN YEARS AND PROBABLY WILL NEVER GET ONE DUE TO PERSONAL REASONS (A PROBLEM AT HOME).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

REPORT IT TO WHOM? NO PROOF> WOULD LOSE JOB AND AT AGE 59 WITH A HEART HISTORY WOULD BE HARD TO FIND EMPLOYMENT. CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE INSURANCE EVEN FOR SHORT PERIOD. HAVE PRE EXISTING HEALTH CONDITION SO AM TRAPPED INTO STAYING IN UHEALTHY WORK ENVIRONMENT, ALMOST HOSTILE. NO MATTER HOW GOOD I DO I AM DENIED RAISES AS MGTMENY DOESN'T LIKE ME!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cyndi DuPont in somewhere, Ohio

77 months ago

Don't use your age against yourself before you even try!
You have a job now right? You can get another.

Start applying now, anywhere, everywhere. I don't understand why people stay in jobs where they are miserable, expecting the company to change and everything to get all better.

Companies will continue to treat employees poorly as long as they are able to. They have no reason to change.

Yes, you have challenges, but not ones that can't be overcome. If you need to, you can purchase short term health insurance while you are waiting for your insurance to kick in at your new job.

Advice I have had to give myself many, many times Mr. Barrick, The world will not change to suit you, no matter how much you complain, or how unfair it is. Actions speak louder than words. Nothing much in life is fair.

Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

GOOD ADVICE, CYNDI BUT I HAVE A PRE-EXISTING HEART CONDITION SO IT MAY BE DIFFICULT TO GET INSURANCE PLUE FRY'S WOULD GIVE ME A POOR REFERENCE. I WAS ACTUALLY ILLEGALLY FIRED< DENIED UNEMPLOYMENT SO I TOOK THEM TO COURT AND THEY WERE SO FAR IN THE WRONG THAT NO ONR FROM THE COMPANY SHOWED UP AT THE HEARING! THE JUDGE MADE THEM GIVE ME MY JOB BACK BUT NOW I AM STUCK ON NIGHT SHIFT PROBABLY PERMANENTLY! WE WENT 5 WEEKS WITH HARDLY ANY MONEY AND EVENTUALLY HAD TO FILE BANKRUPTCY. THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER SAID I WAS NOT A RE-HIRE AND COULD KEEP MY SENIORITY (10 YEARS). THEN MONTHS LATER AN INCIDENT HAPPENED AT MY HOME AND I WAS ARRESTED .THE CHARGES WERE DISMISSED BUT THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER THEN TOOK MY SENIOTITY AWAY! I DO NOT THINK THAT WAS A COINCIDENCE. NOW I ONLY HAVE ONE YEAR SENIORITY INSTEAD OF 11. THAT HURTS.THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER WHO IS A FRIEND OF MY WIFE WAS ANGRY THE CHARGES WERE DISMISSED EVEN THO MY WIFE WANTED THEM TO BE. HE ALSO FROZE MY PAY FOR ONE YEAR. FRY'S HAS ALSO VIOLATED MY HIPPA RIGHT BY PUTTING ME ON THE STREET (NO PAY) UNTIL MY DOCTOR REVEALED EVERY DETAIL OF MY HEART CONDITION TO THEM AFTER I ALMOST DIED FROM CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE IN 1991. EVEN THO THEY KNEW ABOUT MY HEATY CONDITION I WAS FORCED TO SIGN A PAPER STATING I COULD DO ALL MY OLD DUTIES INCLUDING SHOVELLING PAPER OR ELSE I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO RETURN TO WORK. I ONLY MISSED 2 WEEKS OF WORK. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MISS ANY WORk. I MEAN ANY. IF YOU HAVE DOUBLE PNEUMONIA AND MISS WORK YOU GET A "C" WHICH MEANS UNEXCUSED. YOUR CHILD IS IN A COMA AFTER BEING HIT BY A CAR- OOPS YOU GET A "C" IF YOU MISS WORK TO BE AT THE HOSPITAL WITH HIM/HER. ANY REASON IS A "C". THESE WERE JUST 2 EXAMPLES. OH IF YOU HAVE TO BE ADMITTED TO THE HOSPITAL YOU GET A "C" FOR YOUR FIRST DAY THERE. GET TOO MANY "C'S" AND YOU GET A POOR 6 MONTH REVIEW AND NO RAISE OR ELSE YOU GET FIRED. I HAVE GOTTEN SEVERAL POOR (MARGINAL) REVIEWS IN A ROW & IF I GET A MARGINAL IN JUNE I COULD BE FIRED.

Cyndi DuPont in somewhere, Ohio

77 months ago

I am truly sorry for all your troubles.
All that stress isn't doing you a damn bit of good is it?

If I were you, I think I would get out while you can and file for unemployment benefits for awhile. Hostile work environments are just cause for leaving and still be able to be eligible for benefits.

Medical conditions such as yours would also be eligible for public assistance of some kind. Don't be too proud to take advantage of it. That's what it was intended for, contrary to what most people think. They even have training programs and job placement services. Plus with Medicaid, your medical bills and medication will be paid for.

Your life sounds like hell right now, I do hope things get better for you soon.

mr nh in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

don't e-mail them about jobs you'll be told to quit harassing them and that you are not qualified to work there.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.