Local Collection Agency Rural Harrisburg--Worst Job I Every Had the Horror of Experiencing!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Cookie in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

After being laid off my job due to the economy I landed what could have been a decent job the beginning of November. Truthfully, this could be a good job if the owner wasn't such a jackass! After this experience, I decided to do the locals here a favor. There is a certain collection agency in the rural Harrisburg area that is run by the owner. You will see his ads weekly in the Patriot News for collectors, data entry or administrative. DO NOT ANSWER THOSE ADS. There is a reason that he HAS to run them on a weekly basis. When you interview with this man, he is like your best friends. Be aware of your surroundings while you are interviewing. What you see on the surface isn't the entire truth! If you have an odd feeling about this man, listen to your gut instinct. I wish I had. He can not hold a conversation with you for more than 20 minutes without some of his true personality coming thru.
I was trapped into working for him until I could find another job, which was next to impossible, since I had to work monday - friday during the day, which is when all employers would want to interview you. I only was able to get an interview for what I am hoping will be a good job by calling off sick one day. He is mentally abusive to his employees, he refers to anyone that has worked for him in the past as stupid and he will claim that he has fired them all. Some it is true, but others have left at lunch & not returned afterwards. That is what I just did, since I found out at lunch time that I had a job offer. The things I saw and heard in there I could write a best seller about. When I first went in for the interview, there was 1 girl working up front, when I started a week later, she was gone...he claimed he fired her. I found out from another employee that she had told that employee when she left for lunch that she wasn't coming back. He hired and fired another admin within 3 days. The following week he fired 2 more employees, & lost another one because of his attitude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Part II - In the weeks to follow, he hired & fired several more collectors. He will brag that he "is the most successful person he knows" & "that this job is easy, that he isnt as smart as people think he is" Trust me, I have never heard ANYONE accuse HIM of being intellegent! If you ask him questions on what you need to do, he will belittle you and not give you a straight answer, its as if he doesn't know how to teach someone the proper way to do it, he just expects you to know it. He will brag about having to fire his son(s) and his partner. I know of his partner, he has a rather good real estate business of his own and is a geniunly nice guy.
If you happen to answer the ad and think that you will give it a whirl, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO HIM IN THE INTERVIEW, HIS TRUE SELF WILL COME OUT IF YOU ARE WITH HIM LONG ENOUGH! TRUST ME, DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR THIS MAN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! Also, he claims to provide "good benefits" in 3 months. I don't think anyone has made it to the 3 months to get on the benefits with exception of a girl that works in his other business that is run under the same roof & she pays $50 a week. ($200 mth) for that you can get your own medical elsewhere, probably cheaper. I checked with my insurance agent & I was quoted $171 mthly thru him.
JUST BE AWARE OF WHAT YOU ARE GETTING YOURSELF INTO IF YOU DECIDE THAT THIS MIGHT BE THE JOB FOR YOU! SERIOUSLY, THIS IS LIKE LIVING IN PRISON!
I think if this guy could sit back and watch himself for just 1 day, he might realize just what kind of jackass he truly is! I can't believe anybody would want to act this way, if they knew what they were doing. And for another person to truly "love" this guy, she is wearing rose colored glasses or she is a gold digger.
If you want to hear more, just answer this post, I will be more than happy to share the info with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Just in case someone wants to know, this all happened at CCS Financial Systems

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

karma in Dillsburg, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

Cookie in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Just in case someone wants to know, this all happened at CCS Financial Systems

Hey Cookie, without giving his name can you just give me his initials? Are they DD?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

karma in Dillsburg, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

Hey, thanks so much for getting back to me I truly appreciate it! Glad the DD wasn't the person you were referring to!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

this guy will have u brakeing all kinda laws an will fire u in less then 3 weeks major jurk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nobody in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

14 months ago

I saw this and signed up solely for the purpose of adding a comment. I know exactly who you're talking about, his name is Jeff Parr and he is the worst person you'll ever work for. I believe he might have borderline personality disorder but either way, you will be miserable if you work at CCS Financial Systems. He has a serious ego problem and he brags about being a millionaire by the time he was 30 at the same time he treats you like garbage.

The best story I have, is one day he bought a 6 foot sub for the entire office in one of his good moods. Great job everyone! - he says. Within hours, he was so angry that someone didn't refill the coffee pot properly that he literally cut the cord with scissors, went to the front door, and threw it into the parking lot, where it smashed to the ground.

It's funny looking back, but it was a horrible place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.