Moving to Hillsboro - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

Joe McD in Norfolk, Virginia

33 months ago

I retired from the US Navy in 1999 and have lived here in Norfolk, Virginia with my wife since 1993. We own and operate a Daycare and are retiring from the business in 2014. There are many very good reasons for us to have our sights on Hillsboro. First being, I am originally from Northern Ohio and we like the change of seasons, but not the harsh Lake Erie area winters. Next we Ohio is Military friendly esp as far as taxes are concerned. Next Ohio has no personal property tax. I 2010 my wife and I looked on the internet and noticed a town in Ohio called Lynchburg, then Williamsburg, and Danville; I said to her, look, these are all Virginia names! Let’s drive up and check the area out. We did, and we fell in love with the whole area. The people were so friendly, and the town of Hillsboro is so clean and less stressful compared to Norfolk & Virginia Beach. We have been back with our RV and stayed at the State Parks around there and each time we like it more and more. We can hardly wait until we can make the move to Hillsboro area. I will want to land a job doing something with little or no stress; Driving locally, managing an office, or storage facility or maybe working in a small shop, something where I can go to work every day, meet new people and for the most part have my weekends pretty much free. I love fishing and want to get back into golfing. We also would like to find a nice friendly church.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.