Moving to Honolulu - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

Pauline Medina in Tulsa, Oklahoma

82 months ago

I come from Mazatlan, Mexico a beautiful and growing turistic Port one of the most importants besides others, my family have some Restaurants of international food, I move here to Tulsa just was coming for vacation and end up stock with a new job, friends, and nice senior people.
My Goal to do difference in this world will be help people poor people, teach them the word of God in any religion,!! I'm open to everything, I been learning thru this 10 years living here in Tulsa, Ok "The Buckle of the Bible Belt" (if I'm not wrong) a lot of Religions, that separe people, I my Goal is to talk to people and teach them that Religions Good Religions are like the Rivers, all of them go to the Ocean!! the same with Religions, all of them go to God, the Good God.
I will like to work with people of Behavioral Menthal Problems, and movements, Seniors, and people who suffer from terminal sickness.. They need attention, love, and listen and learn everyday of their lives the Word of God, so they can be strong and live the rest of their days in Hapiness, besides their terribles sickness.
Cancer, HIV, Lukimia, etc, etc. We need more people with warm hearts, compromise to work and cheer this people!!We can do it, we can help and change a lite bit or a lot this world of Coldness, Materialistic, and full of superficial things, Credit cards, thinks that they will never pay, and will never take with them when they die, only their Spirit, full of God, Happiness, and Joy. Because "Bigger is the one that live in Us, that the people that surond us"!!!Anyway I can continue writing a Bible.. but I will like to put a little ball of mustard, and make people sufering in the darkness of their souls and living by themselves, with no body to say anything to them, to demostrate that somebody care fisically about them, besides God!!! wich is the First one that has to be in their Soul.I hope somebody have a little time of there busy lives to read this mail, maybe is not the best but it comesfrom HEAR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joy T in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

I come from the Fiji Islands which has a climate and environment similar to Hawaii, beautiful seas and people but has been affected by military coups for the last two decades which has affected many people like me to leave the country in search for jobs and better oprtunities for our children. I am actually here in hawaii searching for teaching or tutoring jobs either for grades 7&8 Maths and Economics OR management training in the area of culture & values in the Not for profit sector, team development, staff & volunteer motivation, mentoring teams.
I have had a wide experience working with Pacific Islands Not for profit sector since 1999 and studied in both Australia and New Zealand

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary Sommerer in Bensalem, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

We are relocating to Honolulu in December. I have a BA in Behavioral Health and have been working in the substance abuse field for the past 7 1/2 years. My husband has a Master's in Behavioral health and he is currently a supervisor at an outpatient drug/alcohol facility. We live in Pennsylvania at the present time and we are looking forward to coming back to Hawaii, this time to reside there. If interested please contact us at this e-mail address. Thank You,
Mary Sommerer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mahalo1972 in Switzerland

69 months ago

Mary Sommerer in Bensalem, Pennsylvania said: We are relocating to Honolulu in December. I have a BA in Behavioral Health and have been working in the substance abuse field for the past 7 1/2 years. My husband has a Master's in Behavioral health and he is currently a supervisor at an outpatient drug/alcohol facility. We live in Pennsylvania at the present time and we are looking forward to coming back to Hawaii, this time to reside there. If interested please contact us at this e-mail address. Thank You,
Mary Sommerer

aloha, i am a german woman who has been in love with hawaii since i can think back.. i am working with alcoholics and drug users as well, i am actually a psychologist but besides individual and family therapy i do sports and yoga with my patients and also creative works with e.g. clay. the perfect job, but unfortunatelly not the perfect place. i live in switzerland and was wondering if you have any good idea how i can come back to hawaii to reside there and work there. hope you are enjoying hawaii, have agood time there!
thanx,
lara
mahalo1972@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

briansargeant98@yahoo.com in Greenwich, Connecticut

66 months ago

i lived in hawaii ten years ago im looking to get back there im trying to find electrical maintenance work out there the last time i was out there i felt a little discimination looking for work i would like to know if things have changed i have been kicking my self for ever leaving hawaii i came back to greenwich because of my ex that was a mistake if anyone has any info for me on how the job market is there i would like to know thanks brian

cinstuh@aol.com

63 months ago

I have just recently moved here to Oahu (north shore, Haliewa) in Jan of 09, from Wa state.
My husband has lived here for over 20 years. He was in the Navy here, retired a year and half ago and now works as a civilian. I, as I mentioned above came from Wa state. Had lived there my entire life. I worked in the dental field for the past 28 years. My previous employer for 19 of that 28.
It has been quite a change form me. Iam trying to adjust to not only a entirely different climate, and way of life. Its beautiful here yes, but so is the Pacific Northwest. :( It has also been hard not knowing anyone, or places. I have found myself almost depressed at times when I should actually be thrilled Iam living in "paradise" right??

I am not currently working. Iam not so sure I want to go back into the dental world at this point and will consider trying somethingn new. The pay scale here in Hawaii for Dental auxillary is not near what it is in Wa state and you are not allowed here in Hawaii to do as much work as you can in Wa eitehr. So not quite sure what I want to do. I have contemplated going back to school. Aloha for now~~
Cindy

Brian Sargeant in Greenwich, Connecticut

63 months ago

stick it out i wish i did. it's tough there atleast your husband is from there.I went out there alone knowing nobody.It cost me twenty five thousand there in three months.The air is fresh the water is beautiful and the people there are pretty cool.I met people there and the place makes you feel young. Well goodluck wish you well

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.