Getting back into Clinical Research

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

RozG in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

I relocated to Houston, TX 2 1/2 years ago from Pgh, PA with my fiance. My goal is to get back into clinical research at the University level. I have a BA in Psychology and a MS in Applied Developmental Psychology with 2 1/2 yrs in Research and 9+ years in Social Services (Mental Health etc). I have applied to Baylor (interviewed on 3 different occasions for research jobs), MD Anderson, U of Houston, Texas Children's, Methodist Hosptial (All located in the Medical District) but cannot get hired. I don't know what the problem is??? I even called a Recruiter from Baylor revamped my resume with her advice and landed a interview but did not get the job. I'm quite frustrated. I been told 'You have to know somebody to land a job at "Baylor, MD Anderson etc". My fiance even stopped someone in a grocery store with a lab coat on that works at Baylor (we exchanged info and I sent her my cover letter and resume, but to no avail. I've been told I'm overqualified for the research coord positions and even the positions at my level I'm still not getting a response. Now, after working at a temp job for 5 mos, I'm layed off again and need some assistance. Anyone in the social service field/clinical research field that can help me land a decent job in my field, I would be greatly appreciative. I'm not ready to give up on my dream yet!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

M W in Katy, Texas

64 months ago

I feel your pain. I moved back in 2004 because my husband could not get a job where I was working in Big Pharma, and I have found very little. I was offered a position for 29K and I have a BS in Biology and experience as a coordinator, CRA, and RA/QA. Houston in crap for research. Most of it is way too pre-clinical still. Most of the coordinators have no clue how to run a trial and the investigators are not involved in their studies. They just use clinical trials to pay for their research. Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio are a bit better, but Texas has very little. Try BioHouston and Kelly.

RozG in Houston, Texas said: I relocated to Houston, TX 2 1/2 years ago from Pgh, PA with my fiance. My goal is to get back into clinical research at the University level. I have a BA in Psychology and a MS in Applied Developmental Psychology with 2 1/2 yrs in Research and 9+ years in Social Services (Mental Health etc). I have applied to Baylor (interviewed on 3 different occasions for research jobs), MD Anderson, U of Houston, Texas Children's, Methodist Hosptial (All located in the Medical District) but cannot get hired. I don't know what the problem is??? I even called a Recruiter from Baylor revamped my resume with her advice and landed a interview but did not get the job. I'm quite frustrated. I been told 'You have to know somebody to land a job at "Baylor, MD Anderson etc". My fiance even stopped someone in a grocery store with a lab coat on that works at Baylor (we exchanged info and I sent her my cover letter and resume, but to no avail. I've been told I'm overqualified for the research coord positions and even the positions at my level I'm still not getting a response. Now, after working at a temp job for 5 mos, I'm layed off again and need some assistance. Anyone in the social service field/clinical research field that can help me land a decent job in my field, I would be greatly appreciative. I'm not ready to give up on my dream yet!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.