Texas says I'm really not a social worker. Help!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

msknedwards in Christiansted, Virgin Islands, U.S.

63 months ago

I'm relocating from US Virgin Islands to Houston TX. I've been a licensed CPS social worker with 5 years experience in the field. According to TX state licensing board I have the wrong degree (MS in Human Services instead of MSW). So does this mean my licensure is null and void? I'm having a hard time getting interviews because my license is out of state. I would really like to continue case management in the family welfare/ social services field.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there like a social services recruiting agency?
Please help.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

cricketgirl in Dallas, Texas

61 months ago

Sounds about right considering how strict (stupid) this state is in regards to people's rights. I would consult your local Attorney General to makes sure there are no problems with your transition and fight for your rights.

We have alot of conservative politicians running this state so prepare to defend your rights.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.