career change

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

ataud1

68 months ago

I am willing to relocate to Houston, TX. I am biligual in both English and Spanish. Currently I am a teacher looking for a career change. One that is an upgrade. In NC the teachers are being let go due to huge budget cuts. Are there any job opportunities out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Celeste in Houston, Texas

68 months ago

ataud1 said: I am willing to relocate to Houston, TX. I am biligual in both English and Spanish. Currently I am a teacher looking for a career change. One that is an upgrade. In NC the teachers are being let go due to huge budget cuts. Are there any job opportunities out there?

ataud1,

As large as this place is, it is not immune to this recession. I have a degree in HR and I've moved here in seek of better opportunities. I'm not saying that it's not possible, but it is hard. I ended up working in a call center as a Tech Support Rep (got hired based on my previous experience) where I ended up with training mates who were let go from previous jobs like a Benefits Administrator from Ceridian,, another guy is from one of the major computer companies (IBM I think) where he previous worked in their IT department. I think that you should put your resume' out and test the waters. You actually have an advantage right in front of you. Teachers are being laid off in Dallas due to issues with Dallas ISD failing to manage the budget, so cuts are following. However, the school districts in Houston are actively hiring and they will hit the peak of their hiring activities over the next month or two. I'm actually in the process of getting certified to teach here and already passed my exams. Due to layoffs within other industries in the area, many people are know turning to a career in teaching. It's what's hot right now.

I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter in Atlanta, Georgia

64 months ago

ataud1 said: I am willing to relocate to Houston, TX. I am biligual in both English and Spanish. Currently I am a teacher looking for a career change. One that is an upgrade. In NC the teachers are being let go due to huge budget cuts. Are there any job opportunities out there?

NOW HIRING

Staffing for Customer Service positions in The Woodlands, TX.
Job Description:
-Starting pay for the position $13.50/hr
-The position will start off as a 90 day contract with possibilities of going perm
-Inbound customer service call center
-Answering calls pertaining to benefits and plans
-Navigating through multiple screens to help answer customer questions
-There are over 100 positions that need to be filled over the coming month

Basic Requirements:
2 years customer service (face to face or over the phone)
Solid work history
Flexibility to work any shift between 7am to 9pm Monday through Friday
Must pass background - 7yrs Employment - 10yrs Criminal and Credit Check

If you are looking for employment, please contact me using the information below.
Bilingual candidates strongly urged to apply.

gwendolynmason@spherion.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.