Moving to Huntsville - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

Don in Huntsville, Alabama

73 months ago

I came here with my girlfriend, from St.Petersburg, Florida last December. Her family lives in the Florence area and she was anxious to live closer to them. What would I do different? I would never have agree to leave St.Pete.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Huntsville in Toney, Alabama

67 months ago

Host said: Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Moved here from Richmond Va last year, what I would have done differently would have been to do more research.. I love this place, however, if you don't work in retail, the medical profession on for the military.. YOU DON'T WORK.. there isn't much here.

MeridianvilleLover in Huntsville, Alabama

66 months ago

Katie in Huntsville in Toney, Alabama said: Moved here from Richmond Va last year, what I would have done differently would have been to do more research.. I love this place, however, if you don't work in retail, the medical profession on for the military.. YOU DON'T WORK.. there isn't much here.

Hi Katie, Hopefully, you are working in retail, military, or medical profession. :-) I am curious, if you don't mind my asking, since you are in Toney, are you renting or do you own? Toney is a more secluded area, feels a little more like the boonies. Perhaps a move closer to Madison or Huntsville would be a perk. shoot me an email as to your hobbies, etc. It's hard to imagine being bored in this area.

cilldara07@yahoo.com in Toney, Alabama

66 months ago

Hi Meridian Lover,
Nice to hear from you. Actually I live in Harvest and am not really in the boonies so that's not the problem.. as for boredom, I never did say I was bored just out of work at present. I have an unusual "hobby" and interest which I don't care to post.. and no it's not illegal or any such thing so don't let you imagination run wild. But thanks you for your thoughts.. it's nice to know that people actually really do read these posts.. drop me a line if you care to.

Kate

MeridianvilleLover in Huntsville, Alabama

66 months ago

I can tell you are a peppy person, with a good sense of humor. Harvest, that's a really nice area, close to Madison's Shopping, Banking, etc. But you're right, when you're out of work it can be daunting regardless. I tell people that my hobby (real estate) I enjoy but it's expensive! haha Seriously, not sure if you own or are renting, so give me a buzz in the future if you ever think about moving into something more comfortable. :-)

Rosalind Campbell in Saint Charles, Missouri

40 months ago

I moved to Madison, Alabama in Feb of 2008. Last year I came to work in St. Louis, MO...I severely regret ever leaving Alabama...I'd give my eye-teeth to get back there. My quality of life was so much better there.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.