Job search for pregnant women

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

mds1980 in Brandon, Mississippi

58 months ago

What are some companies in the Jackson Metro area that are most likely to hire pregnant women. I have 7 years of medical office experience and also customer service experience. I have interviewed at several companies being completely honest about my pregnancy. I am currently 5 months. I have only heard back from one company saying they found someone more qualified. The rest of the companies never contact me again. This is my first pregnancy, but I have planned childcare & will return to work after maternity leave. I have not been able to find any information on this topic that is specific to the Jackson area. I know I am not the only pregnant woman currently involved in a job search here and would like to help others find employment also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mck21 in Florence, Mississippi

58 months ago

mds1980 in Brandon, Mississippi said: What are some companies in the Jackson Metro area that are most likely to hire pregnant women. I have 7 years of medical office experience and also customer service experience. I have interviewed at several companies being completely honest about my pregnancy. I am currently 5 months. I have only heard back from one company saying they found someone more qualified. The rest of the companies never contact me again. This is my first pregnancy, but I have planned childcare & will return to work after maternity leave. I have not been able to find any information on this topic that is specific to the Jackson area. I know I am not the only pregnant woman currently involved in a job search here and would like to help others find employment also.

Did you have any luck finding a job? I am expecting as well. This is my first pregnancy. I am about to be out of a job and am currently job hunting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.