Job search in Jacksonville?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Jacksonville?

Reply - Report abuse

Will in Lakeland, Florida

65 months ago

Hi!
I am getting ready to make a big decision in my life by moving to N. Carolina from Florida where I only know one person who I just found out I have twin boy's with. We are planning to work things out and get back together and raise our kids together. I need to find a job that will hire me as fast as possible. I do have somewhat of a record that involves driving with suspended license, which became a felony here in Florida. At this time I am getting my hardship license, which lets me drive to and from work. If there is anyone that can help me please email me at gamblewilliam27@yahoo.com Thank- you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bikejb in Hubert, North Carolina

64 months ago

Will,
The job market here in the Jacksonville, NC area pretty much sucks. I don't know what kind of work you are in, but if you are lucky enough to find it, you will be terribly disappointed with the rate of pay here. There is a huge supply of unskilled labor here (young Marine wives) so wages are kept unbelievably low. I can not believe how many jobs I see posted with a starting salary of $6.55 an hr! I don't know what planet these people are from but you definitely can not live on that here (or any where for that matter). If you are a looking for a white collar job its actually worse. There pretty much are none. My wife and I moved here 7 months ago (a decision I really regret). I've applied for over 100 jobs and have not heard back from even one company. I have a college degree and a fairly solid work history and experience. If I were you I'd consider the other Jacksonville in FL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MaatiAuset in Jacksonville, North Carolina

64 months ago

bikejb in Hubert, North Carolina said: Will,
The job market here in the Jacksonville, NC area pretty much sucks. I don't know what kind of work you are in, but if you are lucky enough to find it, you will be terribly disappointed with the rate of pay here. There is a huge supply of unskilled labor here (young Marine wives) so wages are kept unbelievably low. I can not believe how many jobs I see posted with a starting salary of $6.55 an hr! I don't know what planet these people are from but you definitely can not live on that here (or any where for that matter). If you are a looking for a white collar job its actually worse. There pretty much are none. My wife and I moved here 7 months ago (a decision I really regret). I've applied for over 100 jobs and have not heard back from even one company. I have a college degree and a fairly solid work history and experience. If I were you I'd consider the other Jacksonville in FL.

I have been in the Jacksonville area since 2005 and I truly feel your pain. Let me ask you this, have you ever considered a homebased business? It is very rewarding, you are in complete control. The tax benefits are tremendous as well. I am involved with a National Project and we need help. I would like to invite you to take the time to check out the following link: www.localadlinkoverview.com (10min Personal Benefits). We need a point man and woman in every city across the nation! If you like what you see and hear and would like to know more or if you have any questions please email me at maatiauset@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you. God Bless!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.