7 years out of college and only make $32,000/yearly with twins.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Josh in Kansas City, Missouri

12 months ago

I am BEYOND frustrated. Yes, I have a job and I know I shouldn't complain with the millions out of work but honestly, at this point I expected to be make more money being so long out of college. I have a Bachelor's of Arts Degree in Mass Communications with an Emphasis on Video Production. I have ZERO experience in that, so their is no way I can get a job with that. (Nor could I get an internship to get experience, which is only for college students.) I have worked primarily customer service jobs post college, doing collections then straight up customer service to now working as a Auditor for Rejected Medicare Part D claims. The work is fine and I enjoy my job but the pay at this point is completely unacceptable. I'm nearly 30 and I just feel like I have failed beyond measure because I don't make nearly as much money as I would have hoped I would have by his point. I'm looking at job postings, asking for numerous years of experience, which I don't have. I just don't know what I qualify for that I could apply for that I could actually get a job that pays a lot better. I want to make $50,000 a year but I'm uncertain what I could legitimately qualify for so I don't waste my time. I'm frustrated and I just am lost as to what to do. It's easy to find a job when you are looking for anything but to find a better paying job in this competitive job marketplace is TOUGH. Especially with barebones experience and a worthless degree. Please help!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.