WorldExecSearch.com is a Scam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

JobHunter20 in Madison, Wisconsin

42 months ago

Just a heads up this "company" has postings on several job websites and it is a scam to get your private information. The one I found was through simplyhired.com. You submit your resume through a legitimate website and then they email you back saying the employer wants more information and they have you fill out a questionnaire with legitimate questions ie:tell me about a time you had deal with a difficult situation. Once you've answered all their questions you go to submit it and the final screen says they need to do a credit check as a pre-employment screen. They want you to go to creditreport.com get the report and then send them your customer number so they can access all the information. An obvious scam. Just a heads up so you don't waste time filling out the questionnaire.

Good Luck with your hunt!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard in New City, New York

42 months ago

A good way to root out these types of scams is to go to whois.net to see who owns the website domain. If it was registered recently or is from some foreign country its probably fake. The worldexecsearch site was registered last week for instance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Portland, Oregon

42 months ago

The job posting last week looked legit and I received the reply on Friday that I qualified to go to the next round with the owner after I answer the following 5 questions. I waited until today, in order to have time to complete them and submit my answers. Except that they asked about my goals, career and life goals and being a part of a team. All seemed fine until I went to add my resume as the last task to do and it fell apart. Locked up my computer and I had to reboot. That saved me as there was no reply to my email or when I called the number on the email it went to an answering machine. Turned out to be the same number as the website. All bogis and I was lucky my computer failed or I would have been sucked into their skeem. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE. Searching in Portland. se

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.