worst places to work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

delia in Madison, Wisconsin

70 months ago

What are the worst places to work in the Madison area? I'd vote for the communication relay services for the deaf.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Russell in Madison, Wisconsin

69 months ago

No Sitel is pretty bad too.
Good thing is that the company is downsizing and only about 200 people work there now as compared to 800 2or 3 years ago so the place is at least screwing up less people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

shawn in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin

69 months ago

Physicians Plus Insurance

run by self serving greedy types who treat employees like crap. high demands low pay lousy environment meanwhile touting their progressive look - they are phony republicans

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Waunakee, Wisconsin

67 months ago

Sun Prairie School District is the WORST. Nobody is taken seriously, the HS needs new adminstration, unions do not stick up for their members, the HR department is not human, district-wide administration only think about themselves and "looking good". Do not work for SPASD!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Dane, Wisconsin

66 months ago

Select specialty Hospital in madison not only the worst place to work, but the worst place to have a family member stay. When I worked there patients received the wrong prescriptions, other peoples IV's etc. They work you to death and treat you like dirt. There is always the chance you could lose your job because of their careless practices. If your a healthcare worker go to Meriter, St mary's etc. Stay as far away from this place as you can. They should lose their license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

m Howard in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin

64 months ago

delia in Madison, Wisconsin said: What are the worst places to work in the Madison area? I'd vote for the communication relay services for the deaf.

it is legacy gardens sunwest assisted living this is the the current administrators( emblezzels) 4th sexual harrasment charge. due to his paranoia reocrds all resident staff and family conversations. There bankruptcy is huge. The Ceo just filed more bankruptcy The are listed under Sunwest assisted living. taking from seniors is wrong

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

RN in Madison, Wisconsin

51 months ago

Jay in Dane, Wisconsin said: Select specialty Hospital in madison not only the worst place to work, but the worst place to have a family member stay. When I worked there patients received the wrong prescriptions, other peoples IV's etc. They work you to death and treat you like dirt. There is always the chance you could lose your job because of their careless practices. If your a healthcare worker go to Meriter, St mary's etc. Stay as far away from this place as you can. They should lose their license.

Couldn't agree more!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

cheated in Reedsburg, Wisconsin

43 months ago

Lands' End has my vote. I have been there 14 years and no benefits. You are expected to be available 5 days a week and just try getting time off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sontag in Janesville, Wisconsin

42 months ago

You should add UW Hospital to the list. I'd love to see the turnover numbers for that place. It's all about image and no substance. How about a couple years ago when they closed the fertility clinic and then didn't tell the patients, and the patients had to find out via the Wis State Journal? Half the docs there don't speak English, at least not coherently.

Chief Wiggims in Middleton, Wisconsin

42 months ago

cheated in Reedsburg, Wisconsin said: Lands' End has my vote. I have been there 14 years and no benefits. You are expected to be available 5 days a week and just try getting time off.

used to work in CP before the big layoff. Not bad for PT work which I was looking for at the time. People there were VERY nice to work with. LE does have a habit of hiring only seasonal, always heard it was difficult to get in full time. I heard it's gotten worse since the buyout and layoffs. (thanks Sears).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

same here in Reedsburg in Reedsburg, Wisconsin

40 months ago

cheated in Reedsburg, Wisconsin said: Lands' End has my vote. I have been there 14 years and no benefits. You are expected to be available 5 days a week and just try getting time off.

I have been there 10 years and no benefits either. In fact just was told no to take so much time with the customers.

Kate in Madison, Wisconsin

39 months ago

shawn in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin said: Physicians Plus Insurance

run by self serving greedy types who treat employees like crap. high demands low pay lousy environment meanwhile touting their progressive look - they are phony republicans

Ditto - Organized confusion - extremely hostile environment - left hand does not know what the right hand is doing! That explains the high turn over and low morale!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Madison, Wisconsin

39 months ago

Physicians Plus is the worst place to work - extremely hostile work environment, the inmates are running the asylum - lack of solid or qualified management. Toxic environment = high turn over in quality people who are smart enough to leave!

disgruntled in Reedsburg, Wisconsin

38 months ago

I agree. Been there 10 years. Nobody's fault but my own.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Ashburn, Virginia

7 months ago

Best Events is worst place in Janesville, WI. Expected to be available 24/7 to stay longer than scheduled. Pay is not adequate for area. Director of events treats employees horrible. Calls them names, causes & considers a Louise paycheck thanks enough. Meanwhile he pads his pockets & the board at Kandu to stay quiet. Even though they know he is abusive. He'll promise the stars & deliver the opposite. Businesses are so fooled but I would never buy/rent a thing from him.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.